Mock
Years ago

Write the Wildcats off

at your peril. GO ON. DO IT. Write us off and you underestimate the culture at this club how great we are with our backs to the wall.

The desire is there. Tokoto and Cotton will have a fire lit underneath them. You think big Jesse Wagstaff is going to take our current poor form lying down? NO chance.

Gleeson will have this squad FIRING come finals time.

Your slings and arrows will only make it sweeter when Damo lifts the trophy.

Topic #42579 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You think big Jesse Wagstaff is going to take our current poor form lying down?"

Cats fan here. If he could hurry up and break out of his form slump that would be swell because he has been completely disappointing this season.

Reply #668563 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

He is struggling that's for sure. But experience can't be underestimated. He knows what it takes

Reply #668564 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Perth fans starting to lose their marbles

Reply #668566 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

Manu, it's magnificent.

Reply #668567 | Report this post

Written off

Busted team of yesterday's hero’s

Reply #668569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chaz, that's one way of describing the players from the greatest NBL dynasty ever!

Reply #668570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha hang on, both Podge and Manu posting their anti wildcats comments just minutes after the Cairns season is officially over... Now that's magnificent!

Reply #668571 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

? Who's anti Perth? I’m still tipping them for the title.

Back in you box anon, you’ve got kindergarten in the morning.

Reply #668573 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cairns were never a threat this season . Wagstaff needs to break out of his form slump immediately.
Perth are playoff bound again so anything can happen

Reply #668575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CYA. Bye bye.

Reply #668576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Gleeson will have this squad FIRING come finals time."

Gleeson will be FIRING Tokoto, FIRING Steindl, FIRING Wagstaff, FIRING Brandt, and FIRING Cook Jr the way they are all playing

Reply #668578 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

pleasant dreams.

Reply #668579 | Report this post

I didn't mention or reference any of the Breakers

Reply #668582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's because they aren't the best.

Reply #668584 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

How much can people write about Perth at the moment? It's getting boring.

Reply #668586 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

Things change in finals. Finals fortune the experienced.
There are 3 teams in the mix for winning the title. Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth. NZ seem only good at home

Reply #668587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mock, you want 50 to 1 odds they don't win the chip?

Reply #668594 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

I don't bet against my squad.

Plenty would take those odds

Reply #668596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats will be fine. They are in dynasty mode. GOAT team that turned down the NBA match.

Reply #668598 | Report this post

Cats123  
Years ago

They've looked terrible ever since Martin went down. Can't seem to get it back with him in the lineup. Really missing an inside presence. DC works hard but can't score and won't even consider shooting from range making him fairly easy to guard so it seems. Tokoto is a bit of a one-trick pony and has no range either. It seems other teams have worked out how to scout him effectively.
Really hope they get it together in a hurry.

Reply #668609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mock, you must be really insecure and concerned to create such a thread when not even antagonised. Ill happily write them off, and hope they get absolutely spanked come playoff time. Really rub that salt in the cat fans wounds.

Didnt recruit the right imports this season, and no NBL team goes any deeper than what the import combo will take them. Enjoy.

Reply #668610 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm pretty much ready to write them off as a title threat. If we recapture some form then I could see us winning a playoff game over Adelaide or Melbourne, but a series seems pretty unlikely, and 2 series all but impossible without home court advantage.

Reply #668613 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I've had 30 years experience of waiting for Perth to fail to know better than to write them off at any stage.

They will one day, but I doubt it'll be this season.

Reply #668615 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

And to clarify, I don't mean I think they'll win the championship this year. I mean they are going to continue their continuous finals streak.

Reply #668616 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

lol... Chicken Little Wildcats fans are awesome... Get over yourself and your team, Mock... It's fans like you that make fans of other teams want your team to fail...

Perth have deserved all their success in the past, and I'm in the group of not writing them off by any means, but it certainly looks like a few things are catching up with them this season... The next game will really determine how they intend to go forward with effort, but if age and burn out is catching up with them, you might just have to admit to them being human afterall...

Reply #668644 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

Does this mean the Wildcats are officially underdogs again this season?

Clearly this is Melbourne and Adelaide's championship at the moment.

Reply #668646 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cats have been my title tip since very early.

Right now, United have won 9 of their last 10 games and they're looking like taking top spot. So if I was picking right at this minute, I'd select United.

But, it's all about being in form at the right time. Bottom line- any of the top 4 could win it. Quite likely we'll get a very competitive finals series. Which is what I'd like to see.

Reply #668719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fans - you are a big reason why the rest of us are happy when your team loses. Threads like this reek of desperation and a fanbase that knows it's all unravelled at the 'club with a great culture'

Reply #668895 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

We're probably going to make the finals but don't look likely to three-peat = It's all unravelled. Haha ...

Reply #668897 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Will Prather play for Melbourne this season?

Reply #668899 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

We've won TWICE as many CHAMPIONSHIPS as any other club. The culture is fantastic #prideoftheleague

Reply #668901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing Jawai might be headed back to the west

Reply #669219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next season with another another young gun from the Taipans

Reply #669220 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Can't see Jawai coming back. Didn’t he sign a 3 year contract with Cairns

Reply #669427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754