dial tone
Years ago

phone lights synchronized ?

watching some college and nba games - everyone holds their phone up with the torch on and the lights flash in time. I take it is an app that the team / stadium / venue runs ? anyone know ?

Topic #42692 | Report this topic

Fryz  
Years ago

I copy and pasted your title into Google and it answered your question.

Reply #672050 | Report this post

dial tone  
Years ago

why are we not onto this here ?

Reply #672069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I copy and pasted the title into Google and one of the top search results was this thread, which failed to answer the question

Reply #672071 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

dial tone

Sounds like you're using an analogue phone (or pulse dialing landline phone). No matter what the app is, you won’t be able to download it to your old analogue brick!

On a serious tone, you can even get domestic home and pool lights that synchronise to music beats.

Wonder how much the app would cost to set up for venues though, and could it be used as an up-sell, or a bonus extra with season tickets perhaps.

Reply #672078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they actually dont use there phone... most of the time at the doors when you scan your ticket you are given a braclet to wear.. the lights in it are controlled by the arena so they go on/off together as one. Below is an image of one

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/vy4AAOSwfZ1WZSgu/s-l300.jpg

Reply #672098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australia sucks at entertainment compared to the US. That's why we don't do it.

Reply #672106 | Report this post

dial tone  
Years ago

looked like phones they were holding up at duke v carolina game

Reply #672161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can be phones or bracelets. Cost is pretty massive, probably the biggest factor in Oz not using them.

Reply #672485 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Definitely an app guys, experienced it first hand at a UNC game. You download the app, then hold the phone up when instructed and the light does what they want it to do.

Haven't seen the bracelet though.

Reply #672519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purdue.
https://www.wthr.com/article/boilerball-lights-phone-app-lights-up-purdue-pregame

Reply #672520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's just an app yet all too hard for Aussie bball to implement.

Reply #672532 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754