LC
Years ago

The current state of play with 3X3 in Australia

With CLB3X3 having taken the lead in the Australian 3X3 space two years ago, the 3X3 Hustle's arrival on the scene is good news for Australia’s Olympic aspirations, as more events means more opportunities for participation, more exposure for the sport, and of course more FIBA 3X3 world ranking points.

NBL CCO Andy Crook, CLB3X3 GM Matt Hollard and BA GM Paul Maley all interviewed for this article on 3X3 basketball moving forward.

Some interesting Sunday reading.

Australia in a hustle to qualify 3X3 champions for Tokyo 2020

Topic #42872 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

3X3 Hustle is exactly the same. It's not new or innovative. Doesn’t mean I think it’s bad, just don’t agree that it’s new. It would be great to see it all succeed though.

Reply #677322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's simple. LK wants to destroy Matt Hollard. Has never forgiven him for announcing the Champions League concept in the same week that he announced he was taking over the NBL. Has a very long memory does LK.

Reply #677348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with some competition between competitions. That is good for everyone so let them go at it.

Reply #677351 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LK wants to destroy Matt Hollard.
It wouldn't surprise me, but I'd guess it's mostly about protecting his turf. He's got a lot invested in the NBL. If it's motivated him to push things further, that's good for all of us.

Reply #677585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hollard's timing when launching CLB was ridiculous. Fool has learnt the hard way.

Reply #677625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754