Isaac
Years ago

Matt Hodgson to Brisbane

My query on this is that they've suggested they want Bairstow back and just added Vukona. Presumably Kickert is a priority to retain. Even without Jervis, if Bairstow is fit, what's Hodgson getting in terms of minutes?

Kickert/Vukona
Bairstow/Hodgson

Or is it a Hodgson-Jervis swap and Lemanis would use Bairstow as a bench force again?

Would you want Hodgson and Jervis?

Topic #43133 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Jervis has been one of the most consistent players for the Bullets, I'd rather have him than Hodgson, probably is cheaper too with his age.

Reply #684521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis is already contracted????? According to nbl.com.au

Reply #684523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow at SF. I honestly have no idea..I mean he did play Petrie at SF sometimes so who knows ?

Reply #684524 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

My belief is Jervis currently exploring the market before picking up his player option. If he doesn't get an offer he likes, he'll return. Good chance he may end up somewhere else with Brisbane being very aggressive in the FA market. Smart move.

Reply #684527 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw a suggestion on Twitter that Jervis was picking up the option. Can't remember who or how reputable.

Reply #684535 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Jervis is under contract for next season so I'm not sure they would be interested in another big plodder like Hodgson too.

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/41484-nbl-free-agency-begins

Reply #684537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hope Olgun doesnt give Lachy a spray after that tweet

Reply #684538 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

The only real positive for Brisbane is that Matt is a local (Ipswich junior).

Would be a bonus if he could engage with the community because nobody else bothers.

Reply #684560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you need to drop the negativity or hop on that high horse of your and ride off into the sunset.

I am a Brisbane supporter and see that all you do is whinge. First you wanted the Spartans to be the new Brisbane team when they returned (which was never going to happen), now you bag every bit of Brisbane related news.

Just flick off!

Reply #684570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben is a long term Bullets fan. Used to be their DJ too. I don't blame him for being disappointed in this reincarnation. So far it has been pathetic.

Reply #684575 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I never wanted the Spartans to be the new Brisbane team (lol). I merely commented on here once that they were positioning themselves to fill the void when there was no team in the city.

I won't hesitate to applaud any constructive moves and I'd like nothing more than to have a team I could proudly support, but the positives have been few and far between upon re-entry. If you follow their online supporter group, you'll unfortunately see I'm merely one of many who share similar views. Just the truth sadly.

Reply #684586 | Report this post

Lawsy  
Years ago

The bullets, to be frank are a disgrace. Look at the their social media presence l, by far the least interactive and I think bottom 2 followers. Their crowds, well they can barely fill a 4000 seat stadium, two wooden spoons and compared to the rest of the league- are severely lagging in all key merits of how a professional team is run- I live in Brisbane and I can't tell you the last community engagement program I saw.

Brisbane is a major capital city- and I think more needs to be done

Reply #684610 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

If they're failing to engage the community that is a recipe for disaster.

NBL players need to be going to schools on the reg, getting a new generation of fans excited to come to games. Other sports have massive resources and slick marketing. The NBL is a good product but that is not enough on its own. Engaging the community is half the game.

Reply #684614 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Agree Lawsy. I'm from Brisbane and feel the same. Not sure if its because they're understaffed or poor management.

Reply #684636 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti's latest suggests the Bullets are keen on Kay as well but less so on keeping Kickert. So that might answer the front court glut question a bit.

Wonder where Kickert will land?

Reply #684677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickert to Cairns.......

Reply #684729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck vs Bogut, Hodgson

Reply #685541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754