Anonymous
Years ago

SA Junior Draw release Round 6 +

Does anybody have any idea when the remaining draw will be released from the junior winter season?!!
There is another round due to be played this coming weekend before the break for the Queens birthday long weekend, and it is yet to be published.

Topic #43402 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

History says that the well oiled machine that is BSA will probably release it Wednesday night just in time for Thursday's games. Maybe they'll just not play again like they did between summer and winter when we had about 5 weeks without any games. It's obviously just too hard to put a comp together that has been much the same for the last 20+ years.

Reply #690409 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was going to say - I've been running Hoops for almost 15 years and this has been a perennial complaint!

Reply #690410 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Thursday's fixtures have been released.

Reply #690450 | Report this post

Yanny / Laurel  
Years ago

check it out now - friday nights up

Reply #690487 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why only to Round 11 ??? It's Winter and Division 1 & 2 should have all 18 Regular Rounds prior to the season commencing. And Division 3 and below all remaining rounds now 5 weeks for working out if groups beed to be split in to more or made in to less divisions should e determined. Why is this now different this year ?

Reply #690504 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why only to Round 11 ??? It's Winter and Division 1 & 2 should have all 18 Regular Rounds prior to the season commencing. And Division 3 and below all remaining rounds now 5 weeks for working out if groups beed to be split in to more or made in to less divisions should e determined. Why is this now different this year ?

Reply #690505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is very nice of BSA to come to the party here. Now we can actually plan our lives a little easier

Reply #690546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always a complaint, at least more rounds are up. As Isaac said, it's the same every year.

Reply #690564 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

'It's the same every year' does not mean it is good or desirable - or even satisfactory.

If the system is not working - i.e., it is not meeting the needs of the competition or the participants - the factors leading to this situation need to be addressed so the needs of the key stakeholders [the sport, in the form of the clubs and competition i9tself] and the players and their parents/guardians are met.

'It's the same every year' is not even an excuse, let alone a reason.

Work out why the problem exists and get it sorted! And no, I have no stake in this. It just sounds stupid to let a problem that obviously frustrates so many people run on and on - for years, no less.

That said, if there is a genuine reason for doing things this way, and the late finalisation of the schedule, there would be a lot less frustration, and complaints, if the administrators made the effort to identify those reasons and communicate them simply and clearly to the stakeholders [players, parents and sport (clubs)] they are employed [or volunteer, if that is what they are] to meet the needs of.

Reply #690594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find that BSA won't be running the competitions soon. Next it will be facilities taken off of the BSA.

Reply #690609 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

FYI Pop: BSA won't be running the competition next year. There's no incentive for them to make improvements. Everything you wrote is correct though.

Reply #690610 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

Just noticed that at least in u16 and u18 girls, rounds 7-11 have been removed. Doesnt surprise me as there were some howlers in there. The usual some teams not playing each other in the first 11 rounds, but more some venue issues......centrals vs north at Mt Barker stood out as a bit harsh.
Hopefully they catch those before publishing the next iteration.

Reply #690994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754