Manu Fieldel
Years ago

DJ Kennedy

What do we make of DJ Kennedy?

He is exactly like Josh Pace, a Crocs import from a few years ago, but a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, and with a little bit more range.

His game is super vanilla, but he seems to get the job done. His handle looks shaky but he generally gets where he wants and impacts the game in multiple ways. I guess I just expect US imports to be flashy, but there is no doubting his talent.

I'm not sold on him yet, but he isn't the underwhelming player I expected him to be.

Topic #44029 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vanilla should be fine on that team with other ball-heavy players. I think it's a sensible mix.

Reply #708084 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I was the OP on a thread on him earlier this week, I am happy to say that he seems very solid! Small sample size to work with offensive wise tonight, but he played good defence and rebounded the ball very well. Good off the ball player too, I think once the season goes on, he will get more comfortable. But glad to see him play on both sides off the ball tonight, and switch and guard Conklin a few times as well...

Reply #708087 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Looks like a confidence player. Claimed he was under the injury cloud for the entire duration of pre season. Showed tonight he belongs.

Reply #708090 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United needs someone who can attack the hoop, since Ware and CG are mostly jump shooters. Kennedy seems a good fit.

His extra size compared to Prather means he can play the 4 for stretches too.

Early days but I don't mind him.

Melbourne might have one too many bigs on their roster- having both Smith-Milner and Trist might be surplus to requirements. An extra guard for injury cover might've been smarter and given more flexibility.

Reply #708092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He does not seem to catch the ball clean. That is where I am looking for more improvement.

Reply #708099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm he's a Kennedy and in Melbourne. Could guest star on Neighbours.

Reply #708106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^

Did that sound better in your head?

Reply #708108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Honestly it just clicked.

Reply #708111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ is In Melbourne Tonight.

Reply #708113 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Dude comes up big in big games.

Check his resume, legit player.

See the basketball tournament final, he tore up randles team

Reply #708121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overall melbourne looks weaker than last year. Title not in the bag.

Reply #708125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Forward Jackie Moon is a viable replacement for him and he recently became available due to the merger

Reply #712674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He needs a bit of time to settle into the league

Reply #712675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754