Mock
Years ago

Is Nick Kay a contender for most improved?

The big dog is BALLING week in week out and looks a different player.

Topic #44401 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

MIP and MVP in the same season!

Reply #720301 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

Didn't Nick Kay do plenty of improving last season, just no one was at the games to see it (sorry Gong fans).

He has taken another step though, for sure. A massive reason for the Cats hot start.

Reply #720306 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

400K well spent.

Reply #720313 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

yes. I was wrong about how good he could be.

Reply #720314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of the credit must be for the wildcats program. He was solid but unremarkable last year.

Reply #720323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matty Neilson(will be the next cats coach) Helped developed Brandt and now he is taking Kay to a new level

Reply #720324 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's not only Matty who develops players.

Trev

Reply #720325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matty Neilson(will be the next ____s coach)

fixed

Reply #720326 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Nielsen to be elevated to a NBL head coach, Trev to the NBA.

Reply #720327 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

For most Improved I'd have Norton ahead of Kay

Reply #720329 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Kay has taken a step forward no doubt and was underrated at Illawarra.
Norton however has taken two steps forward and is carrying them team well in Martin's absence.

Reply #720339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You Wildcats fans are funny! Nick Kay for MIP? No way.

While he has taken his game to the next level, Te Rangi has improved more. It is pretty clear-cut.

Just remember Kay was already pretty good last season. RTR was well below average. To his credit, Kay will finish pretty high in that category too.

Reply #720341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay is in talks for being All-NBL. Te Rangi isn't. I'd say that is pretty clear cut who has improved the most.

Reply #720365 | Report this post

Perf Werld  
Years ago

Was Kay really any good last season? I wouldn't know I wasn't paying any attention to him. Ditto with Norton. Ditto with all other non wildcats.

Reply #720380 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I can't trust the MIP award after Loughton got nominated last season by Cairns over McCarron and won. Can we have the biggest decline award so Loughton can win that too?

Reply #720412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a Perf fan and I'd give it to Re Rangi. Major improvement in skill, more so than our 2 recruits who had already showed plenty.

No one saw this coming from Rueben

Reply #720450 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"I can't trust the MIP award after Loughton got nominated last season by Cairns over McCarron and won."

It was won by Ili

The thing with most improved is that it tends to go to younger players, rather than somebody who's just had a big uptick from one season to the next.
Otherwise Walker would have won hands down last year, and Stiendl would be the front runner this time.

Reply #720480 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The problem with Loughton being nominated over McCarron is with the "one nominee per team" approach.

Reply #720483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still, it was Cairns fuck up to nominate Loughton, instead of the guy who finished fifth in MVP voting from out of nowhere.

Reply #720486 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Definitely not improved. He has always been one of the most useful starter/bench players going around.

Reply #720487 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"Was Kay really any good last season? I wouldn't know I wasn't paying any attention to him. Ditto with Norton. Ditto with all other non wildcats."

No idea. I only first heard of him when he signed with us and the 400K references started. For all we know he and Norton were grown in a test tube before being brought on-world.

Reply #720494 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"It was won by Ili"

Whoops, my bad, got in that Loughton train of thought...

Kay was a stud before he became a Wildcat and still is, Norton has improved more than Kay. Norton was on a time share with White, Martin and Clarke, he's had a chance to shine on the Cats roster.

Te Rangi has been great ever since Gee left, he's always had the potential and ppl have slept on him because they thought he have the breakout last year.

Barlow and Blanchfield could be in the mix too considering Walker and Loughton were last season, both a hell of a lot better than last season, but we know they've been very good in the past so it doesn't register as much as the young guys having breakout seasons.

Reply #720504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good on ya Anon#365

Him being mentioned as All-NBL and Te Rangi not doesn't mean Kay is clearly MIP.

You seriously are a douche!

Reply #720648 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754