LC
Years ago

Next Target: South East Melbourne Phoenix’s hit-list

Could Delly be the next signing with the Phoenix? Maybe, maybe not.

So who else should the Phoenix target to build their team around?

Here are some ideas...

Next Target: South East Melbourne Phoenix's hit-list

Who would you target?

Topic #44431 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

To make a basketball team, you need a rebounder, ball dribbler and outside shooter.

I would say they need a Brock Motum or Pledger type to balance Creek. Outside shooting makes or breaks a team so they need someone who can knock a 3 down when they need it.

If the Sixers aren't careful, Adelaide might not have the man with the worst tats in basketball playing next season. Does he have an "L" and an "R" tattooed on his feet too?

Reply #721192 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Wonder if Sydney will target Purchase if Gaze is still coaching them.
Ben Madgen is another option IMO, will be 34 but a great shooter to bring off the bench.

Reply #721204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Khazzou

Reply #721207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wheres Venky jois?

Reply #721208 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Venky Jois is another big target. Currently playing in German Bundesliga, as is Madgen and Xavier Cooks.

Reply #721218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jois was a fill in and not getting much time, not certain he is still on the team. He's a five man in but short for the position.

Reply #721235 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If Sobey leaves Adelaide can chill next season knowing they've got zero chance of making the finals

Reply #721263 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I don't think Adelaide will make finals this season either

Reply #721265 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I wouldn't like it if we lost Sobey. I can handle losing Creek even though he was the face of the team, the leader and the heart & soul of the team he was still a limited player but Sobey has a more versatile skill set and I hope the Sixers do everything they can to keep him but I suspect if Joey leaves he probably will too.

Reply #721275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Joey actually going to leave at the end of this season?

Reply #721298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if Joey goes, who else other than Sobey, goes?

Don't tell me that we are at risk of losing the best towel waver/coach's pet in the business.

Isn't Wiley looking to extend indicative of Joey staying?

Reply #721299 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I still wouldn't be surprised if Joey leaves during the season. Pumping up KB seems premature otherwise? Then again, KB’s public profile is very meek which surprises me because he’s very likeable and good fun. He might as well build his brand regardless of what might happen otherwise.

Reply #721332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Joey just trying to get KB to lift his profile. KB seems so laid back that not even the NBL ref's will be able to get him off his seat!

Is KB actually a great game coach of more of a great development coach and a very likeable fun guy? Nice guys do not always get the Head Coach job

Reply #721337 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

South East should looking for:
1. Players with character (team first attitude).
2. Players who want to stay long term.

Wouldn't worry about positions/roles because imports can fill the gaps.

Maybe, need one or two veterans for leadership.

Reply #721396 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Why would Delly agree to a buyout, hand back cash and play in the NBL where he wouldn't likely earn enough to make up the difference in what he lost in the buyout?

Reply #721565 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I agree can't see Delly being stupid enough to agree to a buyout with 1.5 years left on his contract, halfway through next season maybe.

Reply #721579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754