Manu Fieldel
Years ago

Will the Bullets make playoffs?

What do we think?

MFers laughed at me earlier in the season, when I said they would and stepped out reasons for my opinion.

What say you now?

Prophecy, bitches

Topic #44441 | Report this topic

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

You also said Cairns would push for top 4 Manu... a broken clock is even correct twice a day!

Reply #721523 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

On form right now I would say yes.
Illawarra, Adelaide and NZ are not as good as Brisbane.

Reply #721526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who knows, you would think so but other than Perth, not certain anyone else got a spot yet.

Reply #721528 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

No you're a broken clock

Reply #721529 | Report this post

Depends.
If the NBL and the referees think they will be a threat to the Wildcats in the finals, then no.

NBL and referees cannot have any threats to there DARLINGS.

Reply #721536 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

I believe you said Cairns would be top 4 and I said they'd finish in last place by at least 4 games, i guess it was just one of those times in the day then...

Back on topic, Brisbane and Illawarra look like battling for 4th, NZ have been the most disappointing of the bunch, on paper they should be in there especially if you compare his roster to Bevos roster which isn't much better than Cairns.

Reply #721538 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Bullets will not only make the playoffs - they will win the Championship.

Reply #721539 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Perthworld, they will lose to Sydney in the Granny

Reply #721540 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No. They will beat Perth in Perth in a Game 5.

Reply #721543 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

You don't trust Perth to finish top?

Reply #721546 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They = Brisbane

Reply #721548 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yeah but semis aren't 5 games, only GFs are.

So in order for a 5-game series to happen, you'll need them to not meet in the first round (which they will, it's the prophecy).

So will the Bullets finish 2nd/3rd or will Perth not finish top?

Reply #721550 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I was talking about the Grand Final series the whole time. Keep up.

Reply #721551 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The disrespect you show to the prophecy is disgusting

Reply #721553 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#1 Perth
#2 Brisbane

After Bullets win an epic Game 5 in Perth their future will be secured with Queensland Rail buying the team from LK and also sponsoring it.

Reply #721554 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I like the way you think, however Queensland's lack of rail infrastructure means that they cannot run Bullet trains.

You're right. Rip it all up and start again

Reply #721557 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Queensland and the nation will be inspired to build a bullet train network after the Bullets beat the evil Cats and the refs in a historic Game 5 6OT game. The super speed rail system will be built from Brisbane and connect it to Cairns in the north, Sydney-Wollongong-Melbourne to the south, Adelaide to the south-west and finally Perth in the west representing all the Australian teams that stood in their way who ultimately were defeated. Central station will be named in Jason Cadee's honour after winning the game on a chucked up buzzer beater from three-quarter court in the sixth overtime. Lemanis to become the nation's first President after winning gold at the 2020 Olympics on top of a historic NBL title.

Reply #721567 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Probably depends if 36ers can get their shit together or if Hawks can steal enough games they "arent supposed" to win.

Out of Brisbane Illawarra and Adelaide, Brisbane are the least threatening to upset in the semis.

Reply #721681 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

A couple of weeks ago I predicted Adelaide for 4th.

This weekend's games have changed my mind.

Brisbane are already in the top 4, and they should only improve now that Patterson's found his feet. I think they have better overall balance in their lineup than their competitors for 4th- Adelaide, NZ, Illawarra.

In short- Yes, Brisbane will make it.

Reply #721691 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Having said that, I still expect it to be quite close come season's end.

Brisbane have just done enough to show me they have an edge, and should finish 1-2 games ahead of those other teams

Not counting NZ out either, they've had a tough run and could turn it around.

Reply #721692 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they can win tonight they'll be 7-6 with 6 of their 8 games against Melbourne and Perth out of the way. Big if, but if they get the job done they're squarely in the box seat and even a chance to challenge for top 2 if they can match up well with Sydney.

That said, they've been decent in the first half of the past two seasons and then fallen away for various reasons. Different team this year for the most part, but I suspect (hope) there's some twists left in the season yet.

Reply #721706 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Brisbane are a shoe in. Patterson is the smartest import going around. He better than most points at exploiting mismatches and getting to the line. Go to pull up J is his default option. Hodgson having a great season. Bairstow holding his own. Nice group of role players. Add another import, final maybe.

Reply #721707 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Bullets are indeed doing better than I expected.
With the usual proviso that everyone stays healthy, since Adelaide seem determined to implode it looks like Brissy will take their place.

Reply #721730 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Brisbane in Perth's league now. Sydney's should be there, but not yet. They are the 3 best teams with a bunch scrapping for 4th. But all those teams are not serious contenders.
Illawara have got the structure and game to do it. 36ers have the talent but not the smarts. Breakers don't have either.

Reply #721909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754