M.Creek 6'5 SG/SF
D.Grida 6'6 SG/SF
T,Coenraad 6'6 SG/SF
L.Walker 6'8 PF
M.Mathiang 6'10 PF/C
D.Johnson 6'11 PF/C
J.Lamdale 6'11 PF/C
I.Humphries 7'0 PF/C

Would have liked to see Cooks and maybe some younger guys over Walker and Coenraad etc.

Topic #44829 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously we're scraping the barrel given who is available, but man, when you're resorting to some of the guys in this squad to put on a Boomers uniform it's pretty crazy. Any local getting minutes on an NBL roster has a chance, basically.

All that said, going to be sweet to see Mathiang, Landale and Humphries in the green and gold. One place we're definitely deep in right now is C.

Reply #734504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Should probably expand on that comment and say we don't need to field a top tier team, and it'll be a great experience for the new guys to play on that stage. And of course, guys like Creek and Sobey are studs that will make the team more than watchable.

Reply #734506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooks is doing very well, probably best of all the euro guys, Wilson looks a bit of a surprise selection given that he hardly plays for the kings. Every one else sort picks themselves when you take out the finalist team players.

Reply #734507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't Cooks available?

Reply #734509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Heal is being vocal on Twitter about Harry Froling not making the squad.

Reply #734513 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hopefully the good people of Twitter are educated about the fact that Heal is his agent.

Reply #734517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't even realise Heal was a player agent

Reply #734518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the starting lineup will be

Naar
Sobey
Creek
Mathiang
landale

anyone have a guess

Reply #734520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the youth direction they've taken with the squad. Only a couple of changes I'd make. I'm surprised Blanchfield isn't in the side, I'd take him over Coenraad. Froling should probably be in instead of Walker, but they probably don't want a giant toddler in green and gold.

Is Lemanis still the head coach for these games? Or is he focusing on preparing for playoffs with Brisbane?

Reply #734521 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

My first reaction was no Jawai but looking closely no Ogilvy either (he will never be a Boomer again) or Froling but they are all centers and we are already bloody tall.

Good luck to this team, we could have a Anthony Petrie type that plays better for Australia than at club level and I'm looking forward to seeing just whom that might be

Reply #734522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's baffling that anyone would go into business withe Heal given his history

Reply #734523 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Big surprise is no Toddy Blanch... Did he withdraw or having off season surgery or something? Played pretty well for Aus last round & has been strong for the Hawks all year (bar the last few games when we needed him most & he was quiet).

Very happy for Tim Coenraad. Well deserved!

Reply #734526 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Big surprise is no Toddy Blanch... Did he withdraw or having off season surgery or something? Played pretty well for Aus last round & has been strong for the Hawks all year (bar the last few games when we needed him most & he was quiet).

Reply #734527 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Reply #734528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling is obviously more talented than some of the other guys on this squad, but we're stacked at C, just no room for him.

Reply #734529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson, lmao, it makes the whole selection of the team look seriously compromised. Heal might be his agent but has a point. Drimic, Blanchfield even McVeigh have done better than Wilson.

Reply #734530 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

So how many minutes did Wilson play TOTAL this year?

That's the only selection that's a real slap in the face to some of the guys that missed out as the other young guns or vets have definitely earned their place.

Reply #734531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one over 30 should have been taken. Pointless

Would have taken..

Naar
Mcdowell-white
Sobey
Grida
Drmic
Creek
Blanchfield
Cooks
Froling
Mathiang
Landale
Humphries

Reply #734532 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Will someone please tell Andre that Lucas Walker will be 35 this year. Has been getting Boomer call-ups as if he has real Boomer potential. Should be no veterans. Opportunity wasted.

Reply #734537 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Anon 532, your squad gets me a lot more excited than the one chosen.

And I agree with you - meaningless games are the times that you blood your future rather than reward your past

Reply #734542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MDW hasn't been seen in months, could be injured. Humphries ahead of Froling is just not right, look at there nbl season comparisons. Maybe Cook was unavailable as he’s playing in quality league and best performing Australian.

Reply #734545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling and McVeigh in.
Sobey and Johnson out.

Reply #734549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries has been pretty good in the g league. Deserves his spot.

Reply #734550 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

J Weekes does his ankle in the game you are coaching in and you think it will be right next week? I'm on Patty Mills side here, coach needs to go.

Reply #734568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"My first reaction was no Jawai"

Jawai has been playing injured for a while now.

Reply #734572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's your starting backcourt without Sobey

Reply #734573 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Naar and Creek are my backcourt starters

Reply #734577 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

The game's being shown on Foxtel overnight at 12:50 Melbourne time.

That really isn’t much time for the newcomers to learn Lemanis’ system. I can’t see them winning this one, which could become quite volatile - the Kazakhs won’t want to lose to these boys at home.

Reply #735309 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

10pm in Perth. Very nice. Pun intended.

Reply #735312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People are doubting the young Aussies too much. I think they will suprise a few.

Reply #735316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Australia by 35 going away.

Reply #735320 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754