Anonymous
Years ago

Stacker and Flavell named Phoenix assistant coaches.

A bit surprising surely?
I know nothing of Flavell but do they Phoenix realise it's the 21st century?

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/stacker-and-flavell-named-phoenix-assistant-coaches

Topic #44893 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stacks will be a great mentor and is clearly someone Simon Mitchell has confidence in. Both guys have been huge in player development over their careers too. Perfect signings if you ask me

Reply #735733 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hahaha wow Stacker is back in the NBL fold. ... wait what?

Reply #735734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix bench 2019/2020 #1 in bench technicals

Reply #735736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So not worth looking at any successful coaches from the SEABL over the past several years?

For those hoping the 'NBL1' will create pathways......

Reply #735738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next thing is they will dust off Brian Kerle.

Reply #735740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

projection - Phoenix will be first club to have a change of Head Coach next season.

Even worse - Not sure the club is getting the public onboard with all these "mates appointments".

Reply #735746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk about a conflict of interest. Stacker was on the panel to appoint the new Head Coach. Influences the panel, gets himself a new job. "Jobs for mates"

Reply #735749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flavell, coached the nznbl champions last season against the odds. This looks an excellent appointment, Stacker can provide an old head, appointments look positive to me.

Reply #735752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indeed, Old head, with old coaching practices.

Reply #735754 | Report this post

Herbert Cadbury  
Years ago

Judd coached our local team (Southland Sharks) to the NZNBL title last year. Wellington were favourites all year (and probably had threepeat t-shirts printed in advance haha). I think he will have a lot to offer this team and it's a shame to see him leave the Breakers.

Reply #735756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why mess with the classics if they work

Reply #735759 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Will they grow playoff beards?

Reply #735775 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

Dennis?
Fearne?
McLeod?

Reply #735789 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

The only shock with Stacker is I thought he'd be busy with his shooting clinics, Aussie Hoopla love to express how he improved the Boomers 3 point shooting between World Championships and Olympics so you imagine that he will improve the shooting of Madgen, Creek and Sobey if what he's been credited in doing with helping Ingles become elite in NBA 3point shooting.

Flavell is a fine appointment, I reckon as he has seen a lot of head coaches and should know what works and what doesn't.

...still know nothing about the head coach

Reply #735803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flavell a massive signing.

Probably had to leave the breakers to get a chance at the next step.

A big loss for the breakers

Reply #735804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flavell should be the head coach

Reply #735805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flavell must be there to take over mid 1st season surely?

Reply #735806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stacker.......hahahahahaha

Reply #735810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stacker cops some heat, and fair enough in alot of cases, but having a former NBL head coach who has seen and heard it all as a from positive and negative standpoint is actually a great hire to support a rookie NBL head coach.

One would imagine Mitchell will take the helm implementing his preferred modern offensive style, Flavell will focus on defense and Stacker is the older mentor with a proven track record as a development coach from a skills standpoint.

Reply #735811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Question is how long will Mitchell last??? Got two ready made backups.

Reply #735820 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754