Anonymous
Years ago

What next for Jerome?

With a finish to the season like this, do Sydney continue to pay the big dollars for a Jerome, or do they need to look elsewhere? Is he in his decline?

Topic #44913 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

injured atm right? still an excellent player. I would bring him back for sure but on a reduced salary. wear was the main problem I reckon the rest of the lineup is solid.

Reply #736342 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

He never seems to be associated with good team culture. I'd move him on.

Reply #736349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, Adelaide hasn't had a good culture for a while so he probably got it from them.

Reply #736352 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Of the seasons I remember Randle's seasons have ended with
- injury and no playoffs.
- playoffs lost due to Hero ball
- This 1-15 trash.

Reply #736353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Melo Trimble instead

Reply #736354 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Think he should go back to Adelaide. Play with a team that suits his style of play, and embraces his strengths . But I doubt it's gonna happen...

Reply #736356 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Sydney mst say goodbye to JVG. He is responsible for the team that was on the floor.

Jerome played shite but besides Lisch and Newley, the rest had no heart.

Worse than Jerome was Bogut, season MVP unable to have any influence on a game. Compare him with Trimble, Cotton, Ware, Long, Patterson. He was nothing.

Jerome played like he needs to be in Europe tomorrow

Reply #736357 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Adios Randle.

Reply #736360 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Like Brisbane, Kings guards are all doing the same thing at the same time and are the same size,Ware and Cotton shoot the jumper off high elevation which the smaller guards struggle to contest enough in the air, Bowen should have been on Caspar from the start......rather deal with the P&R then sit back and let him drain 3's
Trade Randle &Co for a 15 point 10rebound guy and the kings are close.

Reply #736374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While Jerome needs to have the ball a lot more than he was allowed at Kings, the real issue is his ego does not cope well with some many other stars on the same team.

Jerome and Bogut = ok but once you add Lisch his performance drops significantly.

Bogut+ Lisch + Newley = ok so Jerome should go if the rest stay with Kings next season.

Reply #736384 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

On Thursday I was wondering if he's struggling with niggles

Today though, lots of good looks. Disappointing

Reply #736385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He never seems to be associated with good team culture."

Then no wonder he fits in so well around here. I'm truly struggling to recall when Sydney last had a good culture. Its all about hero ball, huge egos, and even bigger paychecks.

Time to hand the reigns to a Coach that knows what the hell hes doing and let him spend the money on some guys that actually want to play for the team.

Theres a basic problem when you lure guys in with bigger money. They are only playing for themselves. Every time I hear talk about Wildcats stars, I hear the same thing "was offered more money elsewhere but chose Perth." I think that was true of Kay and Norton, and look how they have performed - contrast that with Randle and Bogut

Reply #736390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah guys like cotton and kay to go the cats to play for peanuts I'm sure lol. there own commentator gave away cottons salary during one of his on air orgasms this season.

Reply #736399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble has been approached by kings already if you believe the rumour. Not certain there is a place in the nbl for Randle anymore. To much one out and that doesn't even work at Cairns.

Reply #736403 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Don't want Randle? I propose a trade.

Sydney: Randle

Brisbane: Cadee/Lemanis

Kings get back a starting point guard and also a national head coach to fill their vacancy.

Who says no?

Reply #736454 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Haha that's kind of a troll trade and very cheeky but then again it was a massive troll of Brisbane in the first place Brisbane hiring those two.

Reply #736458 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

by the Bullets hiring those two.*

Reply #736459 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I was told the Bullets could have had Randle last season but opted not to pay him

Reply #736465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody said they were playing for peanuts you dipshit.
I'm sick of the Kings signing players who are only chasing the almighty dollar. We've outspent everyone else by massive amounts for three years now and what the hell have we got to show for it. Bunch of aging millionaures topping up their retirement funds.

Reply #736477 | Report this post

Juno 92  
Years ago

he's washed

He was straight jacking yesterday, but he had no lift in his legs when shooting, which was throwing off his rhythm significantly

Reply #736522 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Heading in a Cedric Jackson direction imo.

Reply #736523 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Oh please. He was injured, hip/leg. Don't you remember him doing it in Perth in round 17? That's why he missed the home game against Cairns. He said in an interview during that game that his absence wasn't rest and he wouldn't have played even if it were an important game. He was limping horribly in Perth, in exactly the same fashion as he was in both games 1 and 2 against United. He still has plenty to give. Shot 46 per cent from the field, 4th in ppg and 4th in apg. Give the man his due

Reply #736528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"he's washed

He was straight jacking yesterday"

yes gaze told him to straight jack it. he said gaze that's crazy. the rest is history.

Reply #736530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His limp seemed to get worse with each missed shot yesterday.

Reply #736546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I noticed the limp too. Didn't seem to bother him when he hit his only field goal which was a tough runner in the lane tony parker style.

I love Randles game as I’m 5"8 and have played for 25 years so know how tough plays are that he makes look easy.

What worries me is his ability to fade out when it’s Finals time. With Adelaide he was injured first year but game 3 against the Hawks the year after he shot us out of the game and ended our season ( food throwing year lol )

He didn’t look like the Randle we know yesterday but not sure his best is good enough.

Where will he be playing next season? Is he contracted to Sydney?

Reply #736570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on Hogwash . Unfortunately

Reply #736572 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

There is a place for him for sure but he needs the ball in his hands to be successful and in a stacked team it's a no for me as they only have one ball... in a lineup like Cairns or even Illawarra this season then yeah he'd show us a lot more than he did this year.

He will be remembered as a great player in this league and he deserves to be thought of that way

Reply #736601 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Watch Gaze's press conference

He basically confirmed Randke was nowhere near 100%, which is what many people suspected

Randle is one of the premier guards in the comp. Yes a poor showing in the semis, but I'm sure plenty of teams will enquire about his availability

Reply #736612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"AngusH
Earlier this week

Adios Randle."

Complains about Perth fans, but kicks the injured guy to the kerb after losing in straight sets

Reply #736614 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Ahhhh trolls :) ...... don't we love to feed them .....they are the unedible fish that is always bitting , yet gets thrown back PDQ....XOXOX

Reply #736622 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Nothing to do with the injuries anonymous. After almost 2 seasons with him on my team, I want to roll the dice on someone else. Don't need a flashy scorer, just a solid contributor on both ends.

Reply #736632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully the talk of Trimble being approached didn't derail the kings. Randle didn’t look 100% either.

Reply #736637 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

If you want solid contributor both ends, you don't want Randle. Randle is just a scorer who needs to take shots to feel good. Doesn't want to take a back seat. He needs to be top scorer to feel good. He has nothing else to give but scoring.

Reply #736719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754