the snarling dog
Years ago

Commentators for NBL1 live stream.

What are peoples thoughts on the commentators for NBL1 live streaming games and who are they.

Topic #45037 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

I clicked on the Geelong live stream on Friday and the quality of picture was appauling. Honestly even though streaming all games is great don't do it on the cheap as it makes your brand look poor. What I witnessed on Friday was pathetic. People who already suspect NBL is bush league who now view NBL1 with "NBL" attached to the name will now have that perception confirmed if the quality of what I witnessed is par for the course.

Reply #739911 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Im sure any semi-knowledgeable sports fan would know the difference between the NBL and NBL1 and would probably accept the difference in budget, quality etc...

The streaming quality could be better, but i doubt many casual sports fans would care about NBL1 anyway let alone hoops fans that are expecting NBL type quality.

Will need to be run nationally before theres any real interest IMO.

Reply #739914 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That's the problem Haz even semi-knowledgable sports fans are actually really dumb.

Reply #739915 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Plus people in this country love to find any little excuse to criticise the NBL. It's a national past time.

Reply #739916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well considering you were hard pressed to even get to see SRABL live steamed, I'd say it’s actially a step up, and the format once you work your way around the app is pretty easy to view.
Please also bare in kind, Friday night the weather in Melbourne was atrocious, that also can effect live feeds.

As far as a Bush league sounds more those a disgruntled player/club member having a jab

It’s hardly bush league with the caliber of players in it

Reply #739927 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Given the rush to get the league up and running, they have done a pretty good job so far on the live streams and socials.

Expect it to only improve over coming weeks and months.

Reply #739942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a bit like the experts hear who post and can't even speel yet wan't their opinion to be cerdible;
Worthless in every consideration.

Reply #739945 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Ive only really heard the term 'bush league' on this forum and no where else. Its also a reference to how the NBL used to be in the BA days.

The bush league term gets brought up from time to time when people are talking about such things like the quality of referees, LKs conflict of interest with Melbourne and owning the league and perhaps the ocasional mishap such as a scoreboard or shot clock not working properly.

The NBL is far from a bush league now and NBL1 is still just a rebadged SEABL is it not? Linking the NBL name with this comp is risky for sure from a reputation point of view however anyone following state league local basketball probably dont expect a great product anyway and just want to watch more live hoops during winter regardless of the name.

Reply #739946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do your own commentary if you're so smart, geez!

Reply #739954 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Its started from the bottom and the only way is up i hope

Reply #740039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Frankston and Ringwoods commentary was good but Waverleys was shocking. Probably prefer nothing than that.

Reply #740045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fell asleep listening to Waverley! At least put some heart into it!

Reply #740057 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Yes Waverley was pretty bad lol but at least they had something , they need to get callers who understand the game , can do a bit of research on the players (and keep up with names) and don't call it like a footy match , probably having two may of helped then he wouldn’t have been talking to himself

Reply #740068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Melbourne vs Bendigo Mens commentary was very informative. Their research and understanding of the game was spot on.

Reply #740121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon "Perthworld" you think you can do any better? Doubt it. You're probably a virgin hiding behind your keyboard in your mum's basement. Real keyboard hero.

Reply #740123 | Report this post

Chanp  
Years ago

Frankston got something right. Great commentary, which cleary our performed both teams !!

Reply #740132 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"Anonymous" all I said was the picture quality of the stream I saw from Geelong was shocking. Which it was.

Reply #740236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perthworld, picture quality is frequently an issue using internet servers, just be thankful its up at all I say

Reply #740271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754