Hogwash
Years ago

Froling V Humphries

Similar in height and Humphries only a few months older.
Both rookie of the year in NBL.

Humphries got his first taste of NBA by toiling in the G League and Froling has nominated for this upcoming draft.

Who has the better ceilng for these two?
Should Froling go G League if not drafted and try to emulate Humphries?

Thoughts....

Topic #45082 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Froling's under contract with the 36ers next season but of the two unless Humphries has improved significantly in his year away from the NBL then I think Froling has the higher ceiling.

Reply #740645 | Report this post

Mervan  
Years ago

Got to agree

Froling by a long way

Reply #740646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Froling easy, not certain Humphries deserved his rookie of the year where Froling easily.

Reply #740650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"and Froling has nominated for this upcoming draft."
Froling has never nominated for the draft. His career in the US has automatically made him eligible. I guess that's why he changed agents.

Reply #740653 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Humphries is talented but what he lacks (and this is just my opinion from watching him since he was 17) is an aggression and mental toughness that is needed to succeed at the next level.

He is not overly quick or athletic but those are not the main reasons why I don't believe he will have a long NBA career.

If he gets blocked or turns the ball over, he spends too much time putting his head down and not getting on with the game.

Too stay in the NBA, you must be mentally tough and play with aggression and believe in yourself. I don't see this with Isaac at the moment (if ever).

I wish him all the best but I don't see him staying in the NBA. I hope I am wrong.

Reply #740655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries played pretty damn well for the Boomers in W6. Some people once they make an opinion on a person will never change. Fooling will be a bust. Too much of an emotional knucklehead.

Reply #740657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling

Reply #740701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphreys has always been more talented and a better team player, Froling more aggressive yes, but not better if you want a coachable player.

Reply #740767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries way ahead atm.
Froling will never have the mobility issac has.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQvMSK9pyiU#fauxfullscreen

Reply #740770 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Interesting tidbit about Humphries during an interview with Gaze on Fox Sports News - apparently he's one of the rare pro ballers who only plays the game but doesn't follow it and didn't even know much about the NBA.

Reply #740774 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Pretty snarky from Gaze, considering that he nearly killed another young persons basketball career... Big time congrats on The Great White Hobbit Hope suiting up in the NBA, let alone his first start... A great example to my kid at least, who is currently running around on the same courts Isaac would have played on at some point in time...

Reply #740783 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Did you watch the interview?

Reply #740825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754