Anonymous
Years ago

Cryptic message from Hawks owner

The Hawks owner tweeted out "8 down 3 to go" earlier today. What's their lineup looking like? Who’d they sign?

Topic #45142 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

AJ
Naar
Coenraad
Blanchflield
White
Grida
Dech
DP Glover

I hope Andersen goes to the Pheonix

Reply #742126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could the Hawks bring back everyone but Anderson and Jackson

Reply #742127 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If they bring back a like-for-like roster this coming season (including quality of imports) I think they're going to find out exactly how good a coach Beveridge was.

Reply #742130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cant want to see who? I Heard Kevin White was going back to the Kings and Anderson was going back to Melbourne with the Phoenix
I hope players like
Deng Deng
Majok Majok
Deng Acouth
Ray Turner

get a chance to play in the NBL again

Reply #742133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Froling replaces Anderson?

Reply #742136 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

So I think the 'plan' originally was to bring back all the boys & invest big on a big time guard... Makes sense to upgrade on Ced as Jett & Conks served their purpose & were good value.

However, a little later down the track the murmurs of Captain Kev being offered the exit door & perhaps Ando looking for a greater $lice of pie surfaced, meaning the Hawks would look something like this-

MELO* / Naar
Jett / Glover / Dech
Blanch / Grida
Conklin / Coenraad
TBA / AJ

* Optimistic but believable.

I think originally that other 5 to complement AJ 'was' going to be Ando, so now that option may go to another local...

I'm sniffing around the Snakepit as we speak to try & sus out more details : )

Reply #742138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus glover is DP ?

Reply #742139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

# 133
You are not setting the bar to high if you want those guys in the nbl. Maybe Majok Majok but the rest don't see it.

Reply #742147 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I like when they re-signed Ogilvy for 2 years they were at pains to say it was really only a guaranteed 1 year deal with a team option for a second year.

Reply #742150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng deng
Ray turner
Majok majok
Deng acouth

would be cheaper option to sign better imports

Reply #742153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

iam guess a big
Tom jervis
David Anderson
Nathan Jawai
Sam frolimg

RETURNING FROM EUROPE OR COLLEGE

Reply #742157 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I'm feeling it's Ando.

I reckon he's knocked back the bigger dollar options elsewhere to stay with us in the beautiful Gong!

Reply #742161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C AJ Andersen
PF Conklin Sam Froling

Liam Santamaria suggested on nbl overtime the hawks were favourites to sign Froling

Reply #742164 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Hmmmmm. Froling would fit nicely. Does that mean Coenraad back to playing the 3? Behind Blanch? I actually liked Coenraad in the 4 last year, thought it suited him & the team really well.

Reply #742166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just say if Trimble signs with Hawks? the Hawks would probably play with 2 Imports and AJ salary would have to get cut in half, If it does happen it would be bigger than Ware going to Sydney.

Reply #742167 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'll be very surprised if the Hawks are in a position to outbid Melbourne for Trimble.

Reply #742170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So I guess it a re signing

Reply #742171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That owner talks so much shiiiii

Reply #742172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can Conger and Blanchfield play together

Reply #742175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I go to work soon so I hope the announcement is before 5 30pm

Reply #742177 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

There have been many murmurs that the Hawks would spend big on a big money import guard then back their youth & Aussies to get the job done.

No need for a third import if a local can do the same job at the same price.

Also it's not always about money, including for imports. If a big gun player plays for a smaller market team their ownership of the team (& stats that scouts see) will obviously be higher than if they're part of a 'big 3', 'big 4' or more at one of the bigger money clubs.

So a young import looking to make their name in the league is well suited to the Illawarras & Cairns of the league.

So table an appealing offer tied in with exciting young talent & some quality vets to do the grunt work is a very clever plan to pitch to stars of the league.

Reply #742178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Air D

You had better try keep White then as He will have to cover Trimbles D or lack off, though it did improve as season went on but not still not great. Not certain where that leaves Naar either as I can't see Trimble playing less than 30-35 minutes. Chase a scoring machine in the 3-4 would be better.

Reply #742179 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I knocked Jett early on, but he came into his own, especially coming off the bench. Don't know how much he was getting paid, but if we were to assume "not much" then he was good value.

I think Cedric was ok, but again depends on money. There are certainly better PG's out there, so it comes down to how much cash they have.

Let's be fair, losing Kay & Norton gutted that team. Now I think that with a new coach, they have to be looking at a rebuilding year.
Which IMHO should mean developing and locking in young Aussie talent.

Reply #742180 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Sadly, White (AKA our Damian Martin) is off the table & won't be returning :' (

Naar can play 20-25.
Trimble (or alternate dominate 1-2) can play 30, Jett a good 20, Young guns chip away for 10+.

I like the idea (as would any scorer) of having a young gun 1 focused on passing & the team getting someone like Melo the ball when he's denied or playing off the ball.

Reply #742186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jet is not coming back

Reply #742191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just saying if the hawks get Trimble do they finish top 4

Reply #742199 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"just saying if the hawks get Trimble do they finish top 4"

You mean, like Cairns?

Reply #742200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what's the point to sign a player for big money and not finish top 4

Reply #742201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble is already done to Utd, money talks.

Reply #742206 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Jett needs to get a haircut and get serious about his pro career. He needs to model his game around James Hardens as he has the core strength....maybe grow a beard and lose the dreads!!

Reply #742213 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I don't think you could have Andersen and AJ on the same team and be successful at NBL level.

Andersen’s past the point of playing big minutes, but his soft touch and passing can make a significant impact in spurts.

AJ is just soft. Playing off the bench and having to earn his minutes MIGHT motivate him to put greater effort in.

IFF Jett came back as well, they’d have 3 short-burst impact players off the bench. Would there be enough $ left to pay bulk-minute players that are NBL standard contributors across whole games and a whole season.

Reply #742214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think if Ando comes back it would be a mentor to Sam froling

Reply #742215 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Andersen could also play as an impact player off the bench, as well as mentoring Sam Froling or any young big who wanted to develop a soft shooting touch and passing game.

I get the impression that he's quite smart in basketball terms, and could relish such a role. The opportunity for this mentoring could be used as a selling point for college returnee bigs.

Reply #742222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what does soon mean to the team owners?

Reply #742257 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Seriously guys...Melo to the Hawks...is the off season really that bad that this stupidity has to be mentioned...

Reply #742258 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Melo Ball to Hawks...

With his Dad as a package deal.

Reply #742264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any further developments with this "cryptic" tweet

Reply #742631 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd love for it to be the return of Rotnei Clarke, the 3 point shooting was atrocious last season and he helps rectify that issue a lot and is still worth paying to see

Reply #742657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rotnei is a chucker, I hope he comes no where near the team

Reply #742679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe naturalised player

Reply #742696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Announcing Monday, suspicions are Sam Froling

Reply #743038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was this the same cryptic message he did last month when he said Trimble was signing

Reply #743094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just reread this thread, maybe one of dumbest comments ever. Jett needs to model his game after Harden, he has the core strength!
Ok, wtf has core strength got to do with it. Perhaps one of worst shooters ever in league going to become one of most deadly offensive forces ever because he does a few sit ups! Do people even think these days?

Reply #743103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cryptic = Bullshit. Which is what this Topic is. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Reply #743108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754