JohnnyChicken
Years ago

GSW > With Bogut vs. Boogie?

Haven't watched a whole lot of Warriors basketball this year, but have started to keeps tabs on them since signing Bogut.

It seems as though the Warriors play more seamlessly with him in the lineup VS. when Boogie is on the floor.

When Bogut is on court he is setting good screens to free up Steph/Klay/KD, contesting the rim, crashing boards and overall not demanding a whole lot of ball while hustling on the dirty work. For the most part, this is allowing the Warriors to play like the Warriors - 3x or 4x cutters zipping around multiple screens and the ball whipping sharply around the court.

Compare that with the (few) games I had seen Boogie play, it seemed they were going out of their way to try and get the ball in his hands and let him try to create something, leading to more iso plays, forced shots by Demarcus and worse defense than Bogut has offered so far (to be fair it seemed they were trying to let him play himself into form and game shape) . Having said that he is a solid shooter and fantastic passed, dropping some beautifal dimes to cutters.

I'm not saying Boogie is a bad player, I totally rate him as a player, and think he needed more time to get back to his former self. If he were at a hundred per cent I think he could have made more of a difference to the Warriors campaign.

Thoughts?

Topic #45161 | Report this topic

robt  
Years ago

My thoughts on your thoughts?

You started with a modest, "I really know nothing", statement and follow it up with a damn deep revue on a player not called Bogut. Think you know the warriors better than you admit. Good revue of the 2 of them though. Think you taught me somethings too, thanks.

Reply #742536 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In G1 vs Rockets, they started Iguodala, and Bogut only played 5 minutes. Looney (6'9") got 16 minutes. Obviously no Cousins. Yet despite all that, Capela (27 minutes) only got 2 shots and had 4 points.

40 or more minutes for each of Green, Durant and Klay.

Reply #742544 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bogut as a starter has been short-lived.

Reply #742815 | Report this post

JohnnyChicken  
Years ago

Who are they going with Isaac? Kevin Looney?

I imagine Bogut won't get much time VS the rockets. Even if Capela on the court (maybe when Nene checks in).

All other 4x players they will have on the court shoot the 3 ball well, and if they go small with Tucker at the 5 then everyone can shoot. There is just too much space to move and Bogut isn't quick or mobile enough. Plus I imagine when he is on tjeu would run pick and rolls all day to switch bogut onto Hardwn/CP3.

Maybe of they make it to the next round he will be of more use? To match up against Kanter or Jokic?

Reply #742848 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754