Jamie
Years ago

Mitch Creek to Lightning

Is it just me or is this Mitch just sticking two middle fingers up at the 36ers? Hahaha

Fair enough too and probably the reason why we can't sign any real talent at the club because what happened with him and how he was treated.

Topic #45188 | Report this topic

Brunson  
Years ago

"Is it just me or is this Mitch just sticking two middle fingers up at the 36ers? Hahaha"

Just you

"probably the reason why we can't sign any real talent at the club because what happened with him and how he was treated."

Not true. We do have real talent at the club as is but in terms of new signings we can't get them because we don't have the budget for them. Simple as that.

Reply #743223 | Report this post

Jamie  
Years ago

Yeah ok Brunson we didn't make the finals last year and two of our key players left. DJ is getting on and Harry F is probably going to go to. Real talent left behind hey!

Reply #743226 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Creek is old news let it go.
Been over 12 months since he played there.

Reply #743229 | Report this post

To What?  
Years ago

Move on to what? Where young talent avoids and careers go to die.

Reply #743231 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"two of our key players left. DJ is getting on and Harry F is probably going to go to. Real talent left behind hey!"

So you say we have no real talent yet then imply that Deng at 10 minutes per game was a key player, right!

DJ, Froling, Drmic, Wiley, Moore and even McVeigh are talented.

Reason people don't want to come here is due to money.

"Where young talent avoids and careers go to die."

Young talent avoids? At least come up with something factual if you are going to attack the team. The Sixers are known for getting young talent due to the coach/environment. DJ, Creek, Drmic, Froling, Deng, Sobey, Cadee, Hodgson etc Two of the last 3 years the rookie of the year has gone to an Adelaide player but don't let facts get in the way of your story.

Reply #743235 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lightning?

Context please.

Reply #743237 | Report this post

To What?  
Years ago

Brunson you have zero clue. All those players recruited before Mitch Creek saga. This year 2 signings for old players, no leaders left on the team and DJ getting old. Something factual is they haven't signed any good young up and comers this year. Why would you after what the club did to Mitch. Fact.

Why do you think people aren’t buying memberships? Check above reason. Fact.

Lose arguably our best player two years in a row in controversial circumstances. Fact.

Have a team that may stand up in a Premier League game. Fact.

Fact. One sentence you bag out Deng and then call him rising talent in the next.

Facts.

Reply #743245 | Report this post

Brunson must work at the club. He is the only bloke I've seen talking positively of the situation down there. Its dire lets me honest.

Deng will only get better, like Hodgson did this season. Come developer your game here, then play the best years of your career elsewhere

Reply #743266 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"This year 2 signings for old players, no leaders left on the team and DJ getting old."

DJ is 31, Bogut is 35 this year. Several good years left for DJ. DJ is a leader. Moore is a leader. White (as much as I dislike him) is a leader. Gives other players a chance to step up. How about giving credit where credit is due, Froling, Drmic and McVeigh all have the ability and deserve the minutes

"Something factual is they haven't signed any good young up and comers this year. "

Okay so your comment was based on this year so far and not taking into account why do they need to sign young up comers this year. All the college guys coming into the league this year are bigs (Froling, Hunter and Salt) why do we need another young big for? Who should they have got instead? Your opinion is based on no substance and as well as not looking into the facts. Wright has had great success with young players so they will continue to go to him when and if we require them. At the moment we don't as we will put the time into McVeigh, Froling and Drmic.

"Why do you think people aren't buying memberships? Check above reason. Fact."

Because Entertainment Center is a shit stadium for viewing basketball is a main reason. An absolutely minority will not renew due to the Creek saga. Stop acting like it is a big deal for majority of season ticket holders.

"Lose arguably our best player two years in a row in controversial circumstances. Fact."

Creek would have always gone to the NBA or in your imagination he would have stayed here and not considered any NBA opportunities.... Yeah that sounds correct.

Sobey for more money and opportunity.

All teams lose big named players throughout the years yet you are ignoring that fact. That is just sport.

"Have a team that may stand up in a Premier League game. Fact."

They would belt any Premier League team. They might struggle in the NBL if they don't get a quality import point guard.

"One sentence you bag out Deng and then call him rising talent in the next."

The poster said he was a key player. He was not a key player. He played 10 minutes a game and had no defense. A young talent yes, a key player no.

Reply #743269 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Brunson must work at the club. He is the only bloke I've seen talking positively of the situation down there. Its dire lets me honest."

No I don't work at the club. I doubt I will renew season tickets at this stage due to the move to Entertainment Center.

"Deng will only get better, like Hodgson did this season. Come developer your game here, then play the best years of your career elsewhere"

Deng will get better and I hope he does as he deserves the opportunity. He just was not a key player for us and is replaceable.

Froling was an upgrade on Hodgson. Hodgson struggles to guard the pick and role so we were fine to let him go.

Reply #743270 | Report this post

To What?  
Years ago

Brunson. Bogut was a star in the NBA. Moore is a good player off the bench but not a leader.

Froling will be gone this year and while the others mentioned deserve some minutes they aren't going to take you to a title. Or anywhere close.

Fact. People aren’t renewing until a decent team arrives just read social media that is what many are saying. I will agree with you they did mess up the move to the AEC. Total lack of communication from the new membership person. I am someone who would renew my membership even with a sub par team but this whole move and lack of anything from the club shows how much they care about members.

Reply #743274 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Brunson, if you don't work for the club then please apply, they need someone with some sort of passion and clue. 'Like for like" seating I don't think so, return a phone call or respond to an email doesn't happen, first Froling may get NBA now rumours Wylie not returning and to cap it off low end signings. No big announcements as promised weeks ago. Long term members disrespected and yes terribly sorry but the treatment of Mitch Creek still smarts. This club needs to get its shit together and fast, there are a few of us old timers still around shaking our heads in disbelief.

Reply #743287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If ever Ken Cole needed to be seen and heard it is right now. Isn't he the 'President'? Strangely quiet on all fronts.

Reply #743296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754