Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers import replacement

Joey has hinted that this guy is dtill playing in Europe,is there a y name hints?

Topic #45309 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

were did you get your information
two names I've heard are

Eric griffin playing in Israel
Lavoy Allen free agent

Reply #746070 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Joey/Boti have said he can play the 1/2/3 and 4.

Reply #746074 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's all publicly known he's American and can play the 1-4 spots although I'll believe that when I see it. Looks like it rules out Lavoy Allen though.

Reply #746080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are they looking for a guard who can play as a forward or a forward who can play as a guard

Reply #746083 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

The only way somebody can play 1-4, is if they are complete shit, and therefore equally bad at everything.

Reply #746086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

darington hobson guess 6 7 PF plays in Italy

Reply #746087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terico white? Lol

Reply #746088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic Johnson. :)))

Reply #746092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard it was Conley

Reply #746093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conley who?

Reply #746094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be anyone so stop with guesses. Would've thought due diligence would see what opens up after summer league.

Reply #746105 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The guy in the know said it is Griffin.

Reply #746114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guy in the know better hope his source doesn't find out he’s leaking info.....

Reply #746126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darrington Hobson is the import

Reply #746284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IF Hobson is the import are they looking to sign Bairstow because they went to the same College but a year after Hobson left for the draft

Reply #746304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobson is Legit. Would be one of the best Import signings by the Sixers since Childress and Randle.

Reply #746310 | Report this post

Big  
Years ago

Taylor
Moore
Drmic
Hobson
DJ

Is a pretty decent 5 if it comes to fruition.

Reply #746311 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Seems like a point forward type?

Reply #746312 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Taylor
Moore
Drmic
Hobson
DJ"

I would prefer to have Froling start and shift Moore to the bench as an impact player off the bench.

Taylor
Drmic
Hobson
DJ
Froling

Reply #746318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that s a better team with Froling

Reply #746319 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Replace Moore with Griffin. So many guards.

Taylor
Drimic/Dillion
Hobson
Griffin
DJ.

Reply #746326 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Wright refers to the replacement import as a 'Chris Williams type'.

If true, season is looking much better.

Reply #746626 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Lovebroker, do you remember Wiley being compared to Chris Williams too? Boti wrote an article about it from memory last year when he signed. I'm not saying it isn't true,but it just seems to be a very convenient default comparison to just say we're getting a Chris Williams 'type' or LeBron James 'type'. In other words they hope the player in question proves to be a high level all-round player.

Sorry, I'm not being pessimistic about it at all, I just feel like I need to point it out that Chris Williams seems to be the default comparison. So many factors determine how a player might suit a league.

I'm a little young to remember, but was Williams really that good was he? Have we come to think of him as the Jordan of our league?

Reply #746628 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He played a season for the Kings in 2003 and you could tell straight away he was too good for the NBL. No other player has stood out in this way since our local talent got the point where it wasn't being dwarfed by imports any longer.

2003 wasn't that long ago either - it's not like Chris Williams played in the 90s or 80s? And I don't think many NBL fans are young as it's mostly the true believers who grew up with it during its peak on here but I may be mistaken.

Reply #746630 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

... and comparing cheap imports to Chris Williams is fucking stupid.

Reply #746631 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

MC ...yes I remember them saying that.

I also remember Wright saying Lucas Walker can play the 1 - 5 so sometimes he is prone to embellishing things.

But I have to live in hope that one day we will get Chris Williams 2.0.

Yes Williams was that good, he was just next level everything.

RIP Chris.

Reply #746636 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Perthworld, depends how long you've been alive for doesn't it? I can't remember him because I was only 11 or 12 then. Pretty simple.

Reply #746647 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, seems disrespectful somehow.

Whilst we often throw the phrase around, Williams was one of those rare players that really was "too good for the NBL".

RIP

Reply #746831 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

There was nothing more exciting (as a Kings fan, at least) than when Williams faced up from mid range. His jumper was money, he was too quick to keep out of the paint on the drive, and too strong to defend in the post. Horrendous situation for any defender in the league.

Reply #746840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They seemed to hint that it was Griffin on overtime, as he was the 3rd leading scorer on the Jazz SL team that Joey was an assistant of and had Creek and Sobey

Reply #746895 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I saw that on Overtime too and wondered if Griffin played on that Jazz team. I know Homicide hypes everything up but he was really big on the signing and implied he will likely be an upgrade on Wiley too.

Reply #746904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who starts at power forward Griffin or Froling

Reply #746905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Starting 5

Froling
Johnson
Griffin
Moore
Taylor

Thats a fairly long, athletic and versatile 5

Reply #746932 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754