have locked in their first import for #NBL20, 23-year old American forward and
@nbagleague
-r, Cameron Oliver (
@SpaceCamm
)

Topic #45563 | Report this topic

Smith  
Years ago

Looks good. If they acan close Machado and bring back Newbill they'll be very competitive.

Reply #752285 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

I reckon they'll definitely make the 8.

Reply #752286 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Perthworld, so optimistic lol.
Nice team being put together. If the imports can produce as predicted, top eight definitely!

Reply #752290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He looks good in vids. It's good to see the team taking shape. I’d like to see a few more next stars.

Reply #752298 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Reply #752307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"bUt CaIrNs DoNt HaVe MoNeY"

Here's hoping those weeping losers find something else to complain about now. 2 fringe NBA players signed now. Cairns aren’t broke stfu

Reply #752309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

G-League doesn't make him fringe NBA

Reply #752317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem with cairns is they spend all there money on imports, that leaves the rest of the locals not that flash. If the imports do well Cairns do well, if not they suck.

Reply #752333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am guessing DJ Newbill is returning

Reply #752336 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If the imports do well Cairns do well, if not they suck.

Wouldn't this apply to every team? When was the last time a team won with awful imports?

Reply #752364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth won with two just last season, there Australian contingent were significant, I'm certain Cairns would like to take them from Perth. Cairns got the players Perth didn’t want.

Reply #752373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBLpocketpodcast twitter suggest this is the ending of DJ Newbill returning with this new signing, have the Taipans signed another guard all are they just going with two imports?

Reply #752379 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure why signing an import 3/4 would spell the end of Newbill, unless it means they can't afford Newbill anymore and will need to look for a cheaper option. I don't see a starting 2 guard on that roster without an import, though.

Reply #752382 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"I reckon they'll definitely make the 8"

I doubt it

Reply #752385 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Problem with cairns is they spend all there money on imports"

No, no they don't.
It might well change under Kelly, but typically Cairns go trawling for bargain imports, once everyone else is finished. They generally do very well targetting guys looking to make a name for themselves overseas. Its no surprise that when they strike gold, those players are quickly poached. Guys like Wilbekin, Craig, Trice, and now Trimble have all moved on to bigger & better opportunities.

It's a fair deal. They still get more money than the G-League, they get to show their stuff and if things go well they'll get much better offers. Meanwhile Cairns get the services of a decent import for a season or two.

It's a lot easier to find diamonds in the rough with imports, due to the sheer volume of guys available.

Reply #752391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surely Jawai would be on big money if he returns

Reply #752397 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754