Isaac
Years ago

Torrey Craig named to US Select squad

Good on him, but wonder how many would've seen this coming!

Topic #45629 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Years ago

I doubt the man himself saw it coming

Reply #753994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't he named to the select team not the main squad

Reply #753997 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yeah Torrey Craig has only been added to the USA Select squad not the real squad.

Don't read too much into who plays on the select team. It’s just a group of young players who train against the main squad. But Craig - who’s 28 and a limited reserve – making it? That says something about the state of the program.

Julius Randle has now withdrawn from the USA WC squad.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/08/03/julius-randle-out-for-team-usa-at-world-cup/

Reply #754006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Idiot racing to start a thread

Reply #754022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if hi became an aussie two years ago he would be playing for the Boomers

Reply #754025 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I love the way he has backed himself in gotten to where he has.

Reply #754044 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

No disrespect to Torrey, he's a solid player.
But if USA basketball brings out a team of players of his caliber as their national 'dream team’, I can understand why the public will be up in arms about getting a refund.
After all, despite fine print terms and conditions, the advertisements featured imagery of numerous big name players and day by day that’s whittled down to a 4th or 5th string team at best made up of up and comers or veterans, some of which have no place representing the US at national level. Whichever way you look at it, that’s false advertising.
In my opinion, this whole event has become a farce.

Reply #754122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is there as he is a great defender number 1 and secondly his AUS experience - he has played with and against many of the NBL players.

Reply #754137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754