LC
Years ago

Xavier Cooks out of World Cup?

Xavier Cooks has injured his knee :(

Looks like he is set to be ruled out of World Cup.

Uluc: Xavier Cooks likely out for FIBA 2019 World Cup due to knee injury

Opens the door for one of Creek, Motum or Adel to be added to team.

Topic #45701 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Feel sorry for the guy. I think we all need to pray for his recovery and that no one else falls to injury.

Reply #755807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing him in Boomers mode.

Reply #755808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry that sounded like I meant it sucks for me which I didn't mean. It sucks for him of course and it sucks for me about 0.0001% as much.

Reply #755810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly, speedy recovery to you Mr Cooks, very unfortunate.

Secondly, I can hear the rest of the basketball world now, praying to their deity of choice that Mr Lemanis doesn't unleash the feared beast known as The Blanchfield as replacement. You know, to keep the event competitive, and allow other teams a fighting chance to beat Australia.

Lemanis: "We feel for Xavs. We would like to announce that we have called up Todd Blanchfield into the squad".

*Rhythmic urban music plays [DJ Khaled]"All I do is win win win, no matter what"*

Reply #755812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strasbourg would be pissed as well, it's normally a 6-12 week injury. Good luck to him on his recovery.

Motum for my replacement, outside shot is required.

Reply #755815 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Spot opens up for Cadee

Reply #755816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield was statistically the best shooter at camp - by some way too. Can defend, rebound and knock down corner threes at a great clip. Rubbish him all you want.

Reply #755817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great call Greggo. by the same Boti Nagy logic used to compare Mitch Creek with Ben Simmons surely Cadee must have a great chance of being the replacement player since he can shoot the 3

Reply #755818 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Creek never making the team after his no show at the end of camp team dinner in favor of getting a tattoo

Perhaps he shouldn't have spat the dummy and he'd be getting the call up!

Reply #755823 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Creek didn't spit the dummy. He post a photo saying well done and good luck to the team.

Reply #755824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Creek did get tatted up (is this confirmed), don't some places ask that you "not work out" for sometimes up to several weeks to allow it to properly heal?

Doesn't add up, wouldn't he be have been informed by coaching staff to "stay ready" etc in the even someone gets injured?

Reply #755826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replying to the relative of Mr Blanchfield citing his stats: c'mon Mr or Mrs Blanchfield, selecting Todd would be as ludicrous as selecting Mr Cadee as replacement. Just say No.

Reply #755827 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Adel or Motum to get that spot.

Reply #755829 | Report this post

Lorenzo  
Years ago

I think Adel would fit better.Might be good for his development.

Reply #755834 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

A shame for Cooks.

Hopefully he bounces back from this and keeps up the improvement that Lemanis was so excited about.

Reply #755835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Simmons come back?

Reply #755836 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Given that Adel supposedly struggled to learn the system before, why bring him in with even less time to learn the system? Motum is my guess

Reply #755839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adel doesn't understand systems, he’s an individual player, Motum more than likely.

Reply #755841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Xav would be very upset he's missing out on that nice percentage of ticket sales owed to players as per the new CBA

Reply #755843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's creek imo.

Reply #755846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't underestimate McCarron.

Reply #755848 | Report this post

Lorenzo  
Years ago

I would give Creek and Adel a game each against Canada and maybe USA and see how they perform

Reply #755853 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see who the replacement is.

Surely we need a SF, and that rules out Motum?
You'd think Creek would be an automatic call-up, unless the attitude rumours are true.

Reply #755860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see why everyone is saying motum.

There's no way we go in with Kay/Landale/Bolden/Bogut/Baynes AND Motum.

Reply #755871 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Blanchfield shot 41% on threes and 47% overall last season. Better then some who shot 36% and 41%....big difference.

Reply #755905 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

He should not have been picked in the first place.
Please also take gliddon and Kay out of the team, for Christ's sake.

Reply #755907 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"He should not have been picked in the first place."

What makes you say that? Not many seem to have seen much of Cooks present day game prior to the camps. Even Lemanis.

If you judge him lower than alternatives based on NBA experience, remember that just a year ago Bolden was playing summer league after being stashed in Europe, Adel had just finished his junior year in college and also played NBA summer league, and Creek had a stint in the German league and played summer league. Cooks career trajectory is looking good.

Reply #755910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On what basis are people saying Adel is not a system player?

Reply #755913 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Good luck with your recovery Xavier.

I'm very intrigued to see who gets brought in, Motum as a 3, McCarron as a 3 or Blanchfield, Adel or Creek.

Good Luck to Andrej selecting the right player for his squad

Reply #755915 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Would make sense to go a small forward so you can bet he is probably considering another guard like Cadee!

Reply #755923 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754