Anonymous
Years ago

What are your game day rituals?

Sometimes when I play I am gassed from the get go and other times I can run all night and have a hell of a game without needing a drink from my drink bottle.

I have never noted the trend as to what causes it.

Too many heavy meals before the game, no physical activity in the lead up to the game, too much overthinking?

What is the way you prepare for a game so that you can get the most out of it physically and mentally?

Topic #45749 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes, right on

Reply #756925 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Drink a carton of beer usually helps

Reply #756928 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If I watched the theme from Rocky, I played about ten percent better

Reply #756963 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

A sport psychologist who was helping me a number of years ago basically said to me: find your best performance/series of best performances over your career, identify environmental and other factors that you did prior to those performances (i.e. what did you eat/drink, what did you do, was your warm up different etc), and repeat those in future.

Obviously, some performances aren't always going to be linked to your preparation (i've had some good performances hungover), but its more than likely than not that there's going to be a correlation/causation.

Reply #756984 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Also, depends on the sport; when I played Under 85's rugby this year, my game day ritual involved not eating or drinking all day until an hour before KO, having an epsom salts bath and weighing myself religiously until I hit the mark. ;)

Reply #756985 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Go to Game
Eat Chips
Drink Beer
Get shit-faced
Swear at Refs
Sing the song
go home and have a really big dump

Reply #757014 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You forgot to include "Go to home opens" at the top.

Reply #757071 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754