Hoopie
Years ago

Number of Boomers appearances?

Can anyone point me at somewhere I can find a list of players and the number of their senior appearances (& when)?

Topic #45763 | Report this topic

Shayno  
Years ago

Google

Reply #757310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolden - 2

Reply #757311 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I tried Google and the best I could find was an AIS site which gave me teams and some of the names.

Reply #757321 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Yeah tough one, wiki says who has played, u would have to check individual players to see who has played how many, aus hoopla has best that have never played.

Try searching thru this forum, would be somewhere

Reply #757342 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

This is something I'd like to see Basketball Australia do better, the history of the Boomers and Opals.

A list of all players to have played for Australia at senior level with the number of games, and then a second list of players who have played at the major tournaments (Olympics and WCs). You could have summaries of all of the major tournaments, record holders in all categories. Could even go back and number each rep so going forward everyone knows their Boomer/Opal number.

Basketball struggles for history in this country with the leagues relatively new and teams changing all the time. The one consistent theme has been our national teams have been pretty good for a while and deserve to be recognised as such

Reply #757354 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Cadee has quite a few by now.

Reply #757356 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Agreed Cram. Personally, I'd like to see the Rollers player history as well as the Boomers and Opals.

Reply #757364 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Cram +1

Reply #757375 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Do you count guys who played against the Magic Johnson all stars only as having boomers appearances?

Reply #757399 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Good question Curtley. I would imagine that those kind of games would be considered more "exhibition" than full international since its not another nation they're playing against. Like when England come to Australia and play as "England" but against a state of PMs 11, it isn't classed a test match.

Reply #757405 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Similarly I wouldn't count any of the NBL All star games which were "Boomers Vs Imports" as a full cap, or the Boomers Vs Young Boomers they were doing for a while back in the 90s.

Reply #757406 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754