ALIAS
Years ago

Sixers vs. Gilas - Game 2

36ers have beaten Gilas 85-75 in game 2 of the friendly.

DJ finished with 16 points and 7 rebounds while Eric Griffin added 15 points.

Thoughts?

Topic #45798 | Report this topic

FM  
Years ago

Philippines should not clear the group stage if they can't beat a NBL side 1 week out from competition.

Looks like a get serious training camp for Sixers which is good

Reply #758288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interestingly DJ had 14 and 7 at half time.

Reply #758300 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who was matched up on Blatche? That'd be a serious task.

Reply #758314 | Report this post

ALIAS  
Years ago

Griffin did a number on Blatche.

Reply #758330 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

I thought Griffin was overweight and useless?

Reply #758331 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

and DJ should give his starting spot to Froling (even though he was in the NBL second team last season)....

Reply #758332 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And DJ was regressing.

Reply #758334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Philippines is in a pretty tough group with Serbia, Italy, and Angola. I think they can beat Angola, but I'm not confident that anyone can get past this year’s Serbian team. It’s always hard to tell how far Italy can go, but they’ll definitely have the advantage over Gilas.

Reply #758337 | Report this post

ALIAS  
Years ago

To the comments from Isaac, Smith and Brunson - Were you at the game? No? Well I was. Cheers. When you watch them play you too can make comments based off what you saw on the court.

Reply #758403 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hey Alias, I'd love to hear what you thought of the Sixers play v Philippines? Only had the box score to go on so far, but it was good to see them counter Blatche better in the second game!

Reply #758408 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Clearly not a judge of going thru the motions versus deciding to play hard. DJ has been dominant in the nbl for enough seasons now, to take it easier than the rest of the pack during preseason.

Reply #758416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754