Aussie
Years ago

Will Magnay

I must admit that I had watched a couple of games that Will Magnay had played in the NBL and thought, mmm.. Nothing to see here.

I was curious to have a look at the QBL grand final, so I had a look.

I am well aware that the QBL is nowhere the level of the NBL but boy was I impressed with Magnay.

Scoring well in the paint, great anticipation on his blocked shots, OK rim protector, plays aggressively, runs the floor well and is super athletic.

At 21, he needs to get a bit of a wriggle on with his improvement but I see a lot of upside.

Anyone else see it with Will?

Topic #45822 | Report this topic

Andrew  
Years ago

I Shaw do am excited what he could do for bullets

Reply #758840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have him as the next Landale. 3 years younger.

Reply #758841 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Have him as the next Landale. 3 years younger

I was thinking that too.

He doesn't have a 3 point shot though (yet)

Reply #758842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did at uni games. Hasn't had a 3 pt shot in qbl though.

Reply #758844 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Spuddee won the QBL MVP.

Yeah, that pretty well says all you need to know about the QBL

Reply #758847 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Spuddee won the QBL MVP.

Yeah, that pretty well says all you need to know about the QBL

Yeah but I'm looking at a young man with potential.

Only 21 and is showing some very good skills and instincts, no reason that can't carry over to the upcoming NBL season.

I think he is a work in progress but a very good work in progress

Reply #758849 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Will will make a solid NBL talent. With a 3-ball and more muscle is a chance for 2023/24 Boomers as part of the NBL quota.
Nostraballmus sees all.

Reply #758857 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

But will Will have the will?

Reply #758858 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Where there's a Will, there’s a way.

Please rename the thread to "Will Puns"

Reply #758865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on, Nostraballmus, don't hold out on us. Will Magnay or won't Magnay? I can't wait four years to find out.

By the way, while I have you prognosticating, tell me; how many fingers am I holding up?

Reply #758886 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nostraballmus sees all. You are holding up one finger, your middle one, right at me.

Reply #758899 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Will killed it last night. Gold Coast played him particularly poorly though which led to countless easy buckets.

Thoroughly deserved his spot in the All-League 5. Am very interested to see what role he'll be given with the Bullets this coming season. With A/C Sammy Mack coaching him in the QBL, he'll no doubt have been guided closely on what he needs to work on to improve his chances at the next level.

Reply #758900 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754