Zodiac
Years ago

Breakers vs Memphis Grizzlies, Oct 9

Starts in 15 minutes.

Topic #46033 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hello SBS On Demand. Goodbye work productivity for the next couple of hours.

Reply #766914 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ater Majok looks ridiculous

Reply #766918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ fan here: the commentary and sound on nbl.com.au/watch is terrible. It sounds unnatural. Is this what people were complaining about the coverage in round 1?

Reply #766925 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Loving Ater Majok's new look. NBL fashion icon

Reply #766927 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

6 minutes to go in the 3rd and Delaney hasn't entered the game yet.

Assuming he is fully fit, then I'm fuming with that. Makes me enraged.

One of the brightest stars not just in the NZB but league wide and doesn't get any burn. Politics.

Hopefully someone can tell me he is sick or has a niggle and that's why he isn't being played?

Reply #766930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's injured I believe, and not that good imo

Reply #766931 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

8ppg and 3rpg in 14mpg on 65% and 39% shooting splits last season as a 22 y.o. warrants more game time this year. Great defence too.

He averaged the same number of PPG with better shooting splits than Abercrombie - yet played roughly half the MPG.

Reply #766932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else think some of the calls are incredibly soft?

Reply #766933 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He averaged the same number of PPG with better shooting splits than Abercrombie - yet played roughly half the MPG.

That's because Abercrombie is crap.

Reply #766936 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I take it back that Abercrombie dunk was huge.

Reply #766937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is RJ playing?

Reply #766938 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #766939 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

The less Ater Majok we see this year the better.

Reply #766941 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Stream just died on SBS on Demand, did the same thing late in the 36ers v Jazz game too.

Reply #766942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game has been cut off with 2 mins to go why sbs why?

Reply #766943 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Tough night for RJ; but I suspect the Grizzlies and some of those players might have had a special edge to their defense on him deliberately (welcome the NBT to the league-standard).

Plus as an 18 y.o he is going to have games like that;

Reply #766944 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Box score look brutal for the lad... hopefully he dusts himself off and gets on with it.

Reply #766945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a big test for him maybe Lamelo was lucky not to play against an nba team this soon

Reply #766946 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

LaMelo struggled on the weekend too.

Reply #766947 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

It's a respectable finish and outcome and one that restores a little purpose and respect into the NBAXNBL series. Neither team were really playing with full intensity though. But no one wants to be the team that got smashed by an NBA team by 52. I think New Zealand's international experience, glut of imports with NBA length and athleticism and the veterans on the team really helped make that more competitive than the Mistake in Salt Lake.

Reply #766948 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Delaney hurt himself when they played a pre-season game against Adelaide a fortnight ago. I suspect this is why he hasn't played

Reply #766949 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

108-94 defeat? Not bad.

Reply #766954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good fun game to watch

Reply #766957 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Very respectable from the Breakers. That Abercrombie dunk perfectly encapsulates why he must be such a frustrating player for Breakers/NZ supporters throughout his career. Just has never really been able to be consistently dominant despite seeming to have all the tools.

Reply #766960 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Similar problem to the Adelaide 36ers in recent times

Reply #766961 | Report this post

Tassie Devil  
Years ago

So he's injured and flies around the world? Seriously!!

Reply #766965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you combine Webster with Abercrombie then you get a real NBA player.

Reply #766973 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

[Abercrombie] has never really been able to be consistently dominant despite seeming to have all the tools.

Similar problem to the Adelaide 36ers in recent times

Shots fired.

Reply #766975 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Delaney injured his foot.

Reply #766976 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I hope for Jick's sake Delaney recovers.

He has a boxful of tissues just waiting.

Reply #766979 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

If Abercrombie was three inches taller, and extended his very good midrange shot 3 feet to the 3pt line, he would've been an NBA player years ago. Would've made up for his lack of lateral foot speed.

Reply #766980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abercrombie still had a great career, in the twilight now but at his best could shoot it defend it and pass it with the best of them with great iq. Delaney will do very good to get as good as he was.

Reply #766981 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

As Matt Walsh said, the Breakers played pretty bad and only lost by 14 to an NBA team.
Hopefully RJ brushes that game off and moves onto the the next game against OKC with some confidence.
Hammercrombie with the big stuff winding back the clock and I watched at work which made it feel like a win.

Reply #766985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers getting smashed by OKC.

Reply #767198 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

110-84. Adams had a great game - he seems to be a bit of a prick towards anything NZ basketball related?

Reply #767247 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I caught the arse end of the game and afterwards Adams seemed to be pretty friendly with the Breakers players and coaches even though I thought he wouldn't be too familiar with them as I don't think he has much to do with the national team. I can't ever remember him playing for the Tall Blacks.

Reply #767250 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Players from NZ and Aus that don't represent their country at every opportunity big and small get a lot of negative heat from media and fans which most of the time is unfairly directed at them.

For the one player that could have made the biggest difference to the performance of their country at major championships (Steven Adams for NZ) I believe that the criticism is completely justified.

He has let down NZ year after year.

Reply #767258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754