Anonymous
Years ago

Bogut making waves again

Bogut is hitting the international news again with just one tweet:

'Everyone is for the "cause" until the “cause” costs them $$$$$.......'

It has been seen as a shot at Lebron following his comments on China.

Topic #46078 | Report this topic

A A Ron  
Years ago

I guess the rumours he'd return to the Lakers for a post season cameo are false.

Reply #768356 | Report this post

Greenie  
Years ago

I am sure if the "cause" is right he will be back at the Lakers in a heartbeat

Reply #768358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt any team will touch him now.

Reply #768360 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wonder what his cause is? (I honestly don't know - he blocked @hoopsforum years ago and I've never worked out why.)

Reply #768363 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Bogut hitting the nail right on the head.

Reply #768364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm glad Bogut plays for Sydney and not Perth.

Reply #768367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wonder what his cause is?"

He doesn't have one, except for telling people that their causes aren't worthy of being causes (eg police brutality, gender issues etc)

Reply #768375 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Initially I thought what Lebron did was pretty bad, but I saw the tweet out of context, after re-looking at it isn't he just basically saying, "why would you attack China when high profile Americans are currently in China promoting the game, at least wait till we're back on home soil".

Reply #768383 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Spot on Senator11. LBJ's initial comments seemed rather poor and everyone is bashing him for them. When he explained himself it made sense but people are choosing to ignore that. Bogut showing everyone how north facing his moral compass is and smart he is......

Reply #768389 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"He doesn't have one,"

Isn't Bogut basically alt-right?

Reply #768643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's the head of Croatian Lives Matter.

Reply #768645 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I don't mind criticism of NBA personalities people for coddling China, which some have certainly done (not necessarily saying LeBron has, though that has been the perception).

What gets me is what Bogut has done here, where the inference is that taking a stand for minorities in the states is somehow worthless unless you also stand against China. Its basically their way of excusing themselves from having to listen to people like LeBron on issues of racism in the US because they don't feel they are consistent with their own set of requirements.

Reply #768647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bingo! And that is essentially what Reality has been fumbling his way around with in the other thread.

Reply #768649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like everything else in life people pick and choose to suit their own agendas.

Reply #768652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut's agenda is to say things that you'd find in the readers comments section of a Herald Sun article.

Reply #768655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"What gets me is what Bogut has done here, where the inference is that taking a stand for minorities in the states is somehow worthless unless you also stand against China."

No, I think he's called out the hypocrisy of standing for a cause of human rights on one hand, then criticising someone else for doing the same thing in another instance. Enes Kanter has rightly called him out too, and he obviously has a fair bit of credibility given his circumstances.

Reply #768665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Isn't Bogut basically alt-right?"

I assume that's a piss take?

Reply #768667 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bogut was a big promoter of the lunar-right pizza gate conspiracy theory.

Reply #768669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hong Kong belongs to China and the terrorist Hong Kong protestors should all be shot or at least thrown in jail. Democracy is nonsense and if you believe in it then you should grow up. As if getting to vote for one side of a neoliberal capitalist duopoly a couple times a decade equates to 'freedom' - at least the Chinese are honest. Plus most Chinese citizens are happier than western citizens and most of them support their government and political system. If not for communism China would still be a third world nation like the nations of Africa being raped by the 'free market'. If only China had a terrorist leader like Nelson Mandela that would bend over for the western free market capitalists and allow themselves to be raped mercilessly maybe Bogut and all you other morons would love them as much as you love South Africa and maybe China would be as nice a place as South Africa - thank goodness for Nelson Mandela and all he did for South Africa which is now a utopia just like all the other third world nations that free market capitalism has saved. And did Bogut tweet an attack on the female Australian swimmer that was recently caught using performance enhancing drugs or does he just hate the Chinese because he is a racist moron? Maybe Bogut is still watching South Park? What a racist goofball.

Reply #768834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free Tibet! Ha.

Reply #768836 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"I assume that's a piss take?"

Why do you say that? Regardless, whether you agree with him or not, the point is that he seems to hold consistent values. There is a lot I disagree with him about, but I respect him for at least putting his opinion out there. As a public sporting figure, his opinions will come under more scrutiny than regular randoms. He argues against a lot of SJW values, but that's still standing up for something.

Reply #768859 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"And did Bogut tweet an attack on the female Australian swimmer that was recently caught using performance enhancing drugs or does he just hate the Chinese because he is a racist moron?"

Bogut's contribution was a joke. Should we expect all comedic contributions to have equal coverage, providing ludicrous takes on all people/sides? If they don't, let's just call them racist/sexist/etc. Was your post also taking the piss, because it does read like the ramblings of a crazed Chinese nationalist. Very accurate portrayal. "at least the Chinese are honest." Hilarious!

Reply #768863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Plus most Chinese citizens are happier than western citizens'

That's why they try so hard to immigrate to other countries eh? Idiot

Reply #768864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, 'at least the Chinese are honest'

Ok so why can't they stop cheating in uni?

Reply #768865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He argues against a lot of SJW values, but that's still standing up for something."

That's very different from alt-right, isn't it? I'm not great with all these names like SJW, alt-right, woke left etc, and I'm not a fan of them, but I would have thought what Bogut puts out there could be described as centre-right? He seems to be a fan of personal responsibility rather than collectivism.

Reply #768879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you have any mental disabilities we don't know about, you're forgiven.

Otherwise lmao

Reply #768882 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Anon #879, fair point. Thanks for clarifying. I've taken a closer look and I agree with you. I'm happy to agree with your centre-right call. His views seem not extreme.

Reply #768936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754