Isaac
Years ago

Ingles agrees to 1-year $14m extension

Now contracted with Utah through 2021-22.

Ingles, 32, had two years and $22.8 million left on his Jazz deal. The move secures one of the franchise's most dependable, impactful and popular performers for an additional year. The new deal delivered Ingles the largest raise for which he was eligible to sign.

The Jazz signed Ingles to a four-year, $54 million contract in 2017.

Ingles is coming off his best NBA season -- 12.1 points, 5.7 assists, four rebounds and 1.2 steals. Ingles has missed only one game in the past four seasons.
From ESPN.

Topic #46124 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Will no doubt go down as one of our country's best swing men and I truly hope he can come back one day to play one or two NBL seasons, well deserved!

Reply #769582 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Perhaps he will invest some of that dough into the 36ers

Reply #769593 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

This deal sets him up to retire from the NBA at 34 and come back to the NBL at 35 for the 2022/23 season.

Reply #769602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys don't retire from the NBA much anymore.

Reply #769604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Invest in Adelaide. Post of the Year!

Reply #769619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen was still serviceable in his late 30s I don't see Ingles being any different.
Would like to see Baynes in NBL one day too.

Reply #769626 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Ingles will invest in a Melb team as that's where he'll be living when he comes back so can't see why he'd invest in Adelaide.

Reply #769629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Money isn't Adelaide's biggest problem right now. Its poor management.

Reply #769630 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Because he's an Adelaide boy?

Reply #769632 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

In name only he lives in Melbourne during the off-season.

Reply #769633 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Do because someones from a city they should just invest?

That general investment strategy will have you go broke quickly.

Reply #769634 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

see: Grant Kelley

It's a common enough thing where most sports in Australia not named AFL/NRL/Cricket are entirely reliant on exactly that. It is literally the "investment strategy" of basketball for decades.

Reply #769644 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Sounds like ridiculous money to pay a 34 y.o. player like him;

But I always weigh these deals against old numbers out of habit (almost like how you see the price of a coffee now and say what I remember when it was $2, but then you remember that was like 15 years ago and things change obviously).

In 2021-22 the salary cap will be $125m and $151m luxury tax so really too risky at all for the Jazz (only about just under 9% of the cap). A good deal.

Reply #769654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is from Victoria but has an ownership stake in Sydney.
Home state doesn't guarantee anything.

Would give Adelaide fans something to look forward to even if it's 3 years away haha.

Reply #769658 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I think that season would be his last in the NBA one way or another. I reckon you do see him in the NBL after that and teams should start readying themselves to make their bids.

Reply #769659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles is cousins with my wife and you guys know absolutely nothing about his plans when he comes back to Australia.

He will not live in Melbourne and that's facts.

Reply #769745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^inside info so where is he going then husband of Jo Ingles cus

Reply #769781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He already has a nice house in Paralowie in Adelaide but his whole family are based in Adelaide so he will settle there

Reply #769792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can absolutely assure you he will not sign with Adelaide. He won't give them time of day after they misspelt his name on his rookie contract offer, had him listed as a centre and offered him below the minimum amount for a rookie. Amateur hour.

Reply #769795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People with brains don't hold grudges, they move on and learn from previous knocks. I absolutely no nothing about Inglis personal situation but if the offer is right or the business opportunity is right Inglis will make a smart decision.

Reply #769799 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Inglis lol

36ers are notorious for flat out screwing up

Reply #769804 | Report this post

FCF  
Years ago

Just in time to sign in Perth

Reply #769807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh ok, they mis spelt his name so he keeps a grudge for 15 years lol.
He was definitely give them the time of day when he buys the team in 4 years time.
And with a name like Ingles owning the team, watch them all come and play for Adelaide. 6ers back to where they belong, the top of the league winning chips again.

Reply #769924 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:28 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754