Anonymous
Years ago

It was Nice while it lasted

Been an enjoyable couple of years but sadly NBL headed for its regular cyclical implosion.
Only difference this time is Kestleman's money. What will the league look like next year or the year after? Hawks and Breakers will be gone, Cairns and Adelaide hanging on by a thread. Brisbane will keep plodding along with what ever Kestleman hands them. Will SEM's owner choose to match Sydney, or just pull the plug?

Topic #46419 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is LK just bored with the whole thing now? Maybe he got pissed at the lack of support for his Hobart proposal, and has moved on to other projects.

Reply #777051 | Report this post

Anonny  
Years ago

I don't get this post?

Reply #777061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are freaking out lol
How do you change something and keep it the same at the same time?
The only constant in the universe is things constantly change.

Reply #777062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huh!?!?!

Reply #777072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think about it^

Reply #777078 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Oh dear is the sky falling again?

Reply #777088 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

The fans need to start boycotting games, well every fan from the bottom 5 teams anyway. If there is zero hope of winning a title what's the point.

Reply #777089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBA pulled up stumps and closed down when the Warriors were a super team! Oh wait...

Reply #777093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are people comparing things to the NBA? Why not compare the current NBL to recent NBL, where teams have gone bust while there was an arms race?

Reply #777096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spoken like a true soccer fan.....

Reply #777109 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

One of the biggest selling points for the NBL over the NBA has been how competitive it is. Three years ago the wooden spoon team was something like two or three games out of fourth, while the NBA was a nine-month wait to see the Warriors beat the Cavs.

Now we're all waiting for the Kings to beat United, Illawarra already have one hand on the spoon, and the NBA is wide open.

Reply #777110 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's pretty ordinary that the Kings have been allowed to sign a gun player like Xavier Cooks. It doesn't pass the sniff test. Bogut's on $1 million a year and Ware's on over $750k those two guys alone are no doubt on more than the Sixers entire roster. Louzada should be an import already played 2-3 years of pro ball in Brazil and now this.

The fact Cooks chose to sign with an already stacked Kings team and not to play under his dad at the Hawks says it all really.

LK's done some great things for the NBL but if he allows this arms race between the Kings and United to continue it will destroy the comp.

Reply #777114 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

The nbl will revert back to the mean as all things general do.

Once the online numbers are no longer what is there to sell other than poor tv audiences and struggling attendance numbers.

The NBA is in struggle street to hence the changed proposals as the 19-34 demographic doesn't watch games anymore but rather highlights which broadcasters aren’t paying for!

Reply #777117 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think the NBL is expanding a bit

Reply #777120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody Adelaide sooks. No way do the salaries of Ware and Bogut add up to the entire Adelaide team. Cairns maybe, but not Adelaide. They are just poorly built.

Reply #777123 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

NBAs TV ratings on the networks are down but popularity and fan engagement is soaring, that's just the new climate for sports as has already been the case with Movies and TV shows.

Reply #777135 | Report this post

old mate  
Years ago

"The fact Cooks chose to sign with an already stacked Kings team and not to play under his dad at the Hawks says it all really."

You should have said not to play under Flinn, and then it makes perfect sense.

Reply #777137 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

LMAO. I suppose the OP and his chicken little followers are off to support tiddlywinks now. See ya

Reply #777153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is one of the worst threads in recent years! And here's been some absolute morons start threads on here! This one is right up in the elite level of terrible threads!

Reply #777158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Literally laugh every time that Zodiac sprouts off at the mouth with figures he has no idea about. Ware 750k...........riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhttt. Laughable.

Honestly, please don't make up "facts" bud

Reply #777159 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm not in the habit of responding to people too gutless to pick a name but I'm not making up shit. It was strongly rumoured on here last season that DJ Kennedy was the highest paid player at United on $750k.

United's CEO said in the off-season they offered Ware the biggest contract in team history and he rejected it to sign with the Kings, doesn't take much to work out he's on more than $750k at the Kings.

Reply #777166 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That only works if the rumour of Kennedy's salary is true, the United CEO's statement is true, and Ware left because Sydney offered more and not for some other reason.

Reply #777167 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Occam's razor.

Reply #777170 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That's not how Occam's Razor works.

Reply #777171 | Report this post

old mate  
Years ago

Zodiac said, "United's CEO said in the off-season they offered Ware the biggest contract in team history and he rejected it to sign with the Kings, doesn't take much to work out he's on more than $750k at the Kings."

So it's 'true' and you believe it and now purport it as true. Man talk about easily lead.

I am building a church at Jonestown, come visit.
I have a nice Bridge I want to sell.
Canaries are yellow, this bird is yellow, therefore it's a canary.

Reply #777173 | Report this post

Highly doubt DJ Kennedy was on 750,000. If he was they fucked up. You can do better on half that.

As for the Kings and them being stacked, so what? Teams will have to learn to counter it. Other teams will have to open their chequebooks next year . Do you want to be in a league that restricts teams from bringing in the best possible talent?

Reply #777176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United got to be not that happy at back end last season, wives and girls talk, wether it was all true who knows but a lot came out if you knew anyone around the team.

Reply #777183 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

We're all talking 3rd hand information

There's 6 degrees of separation between me and Barack Obama, and 3 is half of 6

I'm calling BS on DJ Kennedy being on 750k. He won a few TBTs, so what, he wasn't worth that money and wouldn't have been paid that

Reply #777191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't have to believe it but it was from a very good connection.

Reply #777198 | Report this post

old mate  
Years ago

THanks. I now not that not to be true. I true Crivelli needs sacking.
Oh BTW Crivelli needs sacking.

Reply #777209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats not paying near that and still winning

Reply #777231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Wildcats not paying near that and still winning)

Cairns says hi

Reply #777234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Do you want to be in a league that restricts teams from bringing in the best possible talent? )

Only if it's not there team.

Reply #777246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hang on, Illawarra is probably the most popular team in the league to watch. So it's not all doom and gloom for them, even if wins will be hard to come by. Pretty much every team's highest crowd this season has been against Illawarra. And they have the largest online audience.

Reply #777252 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How does any of that help the Hawks?

Reply #777253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754