Jack Toft
Years ago

Bullets v Phoenix

Massive game here and the bottom line is the winner will be fourth after this game.

Phoenix actually play outside of Melbourne for once. I hope they have their Qantas Club membership up to date as some haven't seen the inside of an airport since Ansett flew.

Both teams carry a bit of mixed form into this one. Phoenix have won 1 of their last 5 and Bullets 2. Lamar Patterson is the hero of the Bullets, but then consistency is their issue. I have watched their games this year and I can't say I recall one game where everyone was marching in time. There's always someone dancing disco when the coach is playing a waltz and when the coach has got Nutbush City Limits playing on the game sheet, there's someone dancing like Peter Garrett.

Phoenix had a great start and now they face the litmus test. Pineau has had a great season, but the Phoenix need him today to show why he should be in the running for Most improved. That test includes Patterson, but more importantly some of the crusty demons like Vukona who has been to over 400 rodeos and still holds his own. While you know guys like Creek, Roberson and Madgen will fire up, they need the supporting cast to do the same.

Both teams need this win. A loss by SEM would probably rip the guts out of their season, and I think all indications are that Brisbane might just hold the aces. Brisbane to steal this one in the fourth quarter.

Topic #46448 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Who will match up on Patterson. Creek could slow him down with speed, hustle and strength, but can he do it both ends. That could be key, if they match up directly.

Reply #777726 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

With the way the Bullets are this season I'd say you focus on making things tough for Sobey and co and just do your best on Patterson in single coverage and accept he'll score 15-30 depending on how well he's stroking it (and his weekly diet and cardio).

Reply #777729 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Only game outside of Melbourne and SEM got towelled up by 31.

But Brisbane hasn't had a single win to write home about other than v Perth at home.

The only game SEM has lost when they shouldn't is at home to Adelaide. They've played United three times, they've played the Kings and they've played Perth in Perth.

Who is going to limit Creek? Braun? Please. I don't trust Brisbane's defence against Roberson who will be weaving around on-balls looking for his shot.

SEM in a canter I think.

Reply #777744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have put the house on SEM.

Reply #777749 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Mansion, a 4x2 or shack?

Reply #777754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ posting excessive ramble just to see your username climbing the hoops.com leaderboard is poor form.
All other posters with 3000+ posts eg. Toft, Koberulz, Paul and LC have proven and we'll established reputations on this site.

Reply #777774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're implying that Perthworld talks shit #777774 then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Reply #777780 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

In the polo I thought JvG was interviewing a referee rather than Simon Mitchell there.

Reply #777839 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Camera pans over to Cadee and his atrocious facial hair.

Derwayne then uses 'rough patch' in a sentence.

Reply #777840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can either of these teams play some defence.

Reply #777846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam career points at the half 16, problem is that he's also -10.

Reply #777857 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Creeky rocking tight tight shorts. Bulked up. Turnovers tidy up.

Reply #777860 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No defence. Either team. Why not. Do turnovers count as defence. Very scrappy.

Reply #777866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magnay making Pineau look like Andrew Bogut.

Reply #777871 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

SEM don't need to play D with Cadee hoisting up complete junk shots.

Reply #777877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane are rubbish, Mitchell proving to be a very good coach.

Reply #777881 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Brisbane are a ramble.

Reply #777883 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sack Lem4nis.

Reply #777886 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

BNE were 16 up, now 14 down. Wow.

Reply #777887 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Make that 16 now.

Reply #777889 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Should the Brisbane faithful still be patient with the team because Lemanis said so?

Seriously, f***ing get rid of the mong. #sacklemonass

Reply #777890 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What is cadee doing.

Reply #777891 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Since they've come back into the league the Bullets problems have been 70% roster make-up to 30% coaching IMO.

Reply #777893 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Don't forget the CEO. NBL just assumed he and the coach would do well but it was really the Breakers culture run by the Blackwells. Lemanis was a complete spud like he is now during bus first few seasons and nearly got sacked before NZ started outspending everyone.

Reply #777895 | Report this post

Rabbit  
Years ago

When South East get rolling they're unstoppable. Problem is they’re too inconsistent throughout a game. Way too many dry spells offensively. Defense needs work too

Reply #777896 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

If it's 70% roster / 30% coaching, then that’s 100% Lemonass because he’s responsible for both.

Reply #777898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meth Madgen had a good game today, so too wolf creek.

Reply #777899 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Agree with that - even with the Boomer's selections, I think Lemanis coaches a ton better than he selects players.

Reply #777900 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Madgen's face doesn't marry up to his age (34). WTF

Reply #777901 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bullets are such a head case group. What do they what to achieve. Such dysfunctional can't be coincidence. Players are so untrustworthy unless you regard inconsistent as a positive. Look in mirror repeat I am shit.

Reply #777902 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hey Ben it's not just on the court but off of it as well, isn't it? It seems like the reincarnation of the Bullets has not connected with the city of Brisbane at all. Duds on and off the court. A truly horrible franchise.

Reply #777905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When your coach tells media Cadee is the smartest player he's ever coached I think you’re in trouble. Brisbane have talent but none of them can play under pressure, look good when it’s going your way but as soon as any defence applied fall in a heap. Patterson is winner but the other two imports are not as good as most Aussies.
Magnay so over rated by commentators as well. Sobey plays for Sobey

Reply #777907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only tuned in to this game as wanted some homicide breaking news

Reply #777912 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Boards were 43 to 27...

Reply #777931 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cadee smartest player he has ever coached. He brain fades all.the time. Christ if cadee the smartest God help the rest of the twits. I tell you who is smart and that be vukona. Smart cagey mongrel tough winner leader. Cadee bull shit - bullets got nothing out of him this game. Game needed some defensive stops and cadee did Jack shit. That's not a smart player.

Reply #777933 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I wouls suggest his uncanny ability to convince people (who sign cheques) he can play NBL basketball makes him pretty smart.

Reply #777935 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Smart. Hmmmm by deception. Reality is he is crap. Adnam Is way more impressive.

Reply #777936 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

How can a team have 61 at the half score only 35 in the second?????

Reply #777942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lovebroker on the money, the great old family connections certainly helps.

Reply #777949 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I've suggested Robbie Cadee in the past numerous times but been shot down.

Reply #777981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754