Earlier this year
Are referees in NBL calling too many soft fouls ?
I pretty much watch most of the NBL Games each round and it feels like the referee situation is hurting the flow and impact of the game. Could the great forwards and centres in our hall of fame actually stay on court in todays NBL game.
* Almost every import centre gets into foul trouble. Doesnt matter they have played 5-10 seasons in Europe or NBA - over here any slight contact is called. I dont want to see Long, Bogut, Griffith sitting on the bench its a joke
* Incidental contact called on rebounding
* Too many soft travels being called
* Too many moving screens with very minor contact called
* Not letting big guys bang a bit
Refs can you please swallow the whistle and let the guys play. Shouldnt be team fouls every quarter for virtually every game I watch. Its ruining the spectacle.