Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers v Bullets Jan 12

After their successful tour on the road, the Breakers are back in Auckland.

The Breakers have been good at home this season, but when they lose, they don't crash and burn by much. They have already beaten the Bullets at home once this season by double points - can they do it again?

Bullets road wins have been rarely than a Joh Bjelke-Petersen steak. Two wins against the hapless Hawks and their third win was against United - hey if the Sixers can beat them, anyone can. The Lamar Patterson show needs a supporting act. Hoops favourite, and fashion entrepreneur, Jason Cadee is trying hard and holds the key today. When icing those 3's his team bags a win, but when his return is as low and an industry super fund, the Bullets walk away with the L.

The Breakers early in the season stunk like Rotorua on a good day, but seem to be back on track and like Harry and Meghan know what they want, and what they don't want. A win. A win will keep them in touch with the four and their eye is on that prize.

A win is what they'll get. At least the Bullets can stock up on duty free and they can bring back a fluffy kiwi toy for their kids.

Breakers by 5

Topic #46705 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

This game promises to have more plot twists than a Jack Toft preview.

Is Homicide commentating? If so, I'm booking it in. He will literally be drowning in more figurative language than a school kid washed away in a rip of lies.

Brisbane to travel via Rotorua, and stay at the Funky Green Voyager to gain that competitive relaxed vibe. (Does The Funky Green Voyager even exist any more)?

Seriously, love the previews Jack.

Reply #786000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Relying on Cadee to turn up game after for your team to win means you're in big trouble. How many final series has Cadee played in, not many would be my guess. Only way Brisbane can win this is if Patterson keeps carrying the team, not likely.

NZ by 8

Reply #786007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Henry doesn't play I say Brisbane win. The loser of this game is cooked imo

Reply #786024 | Report this post

Think Brisbane will get this one.

Reply #786026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers by 31

Reply #786034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets are the worst team in the competition

Reply #786035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sek Henry is playing tonight.

I think this could go either way.

Reply #786056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ at home should take care of the buzzies

Reply #786058 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

ROFL, Casey Frank wanted to set an over/under on dunks and didn't understand the lead commentator trying to set a line for it.

Reply #786077 | Report this post

The bullet train is chugging along nicely.

Reply #786080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henry bean horrible.

Reply #786085 | Report this post

Bit of Argy bargy between Magnay and Henry.

Reply #786090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magnay giving Henry the don't argue at 3/4 time.

Reply #786091 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great block by Ashley called goal tend. Like Kidd's last night

Reply #786092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Bullets are playing well. But the refs have made some terrible calls at key moments for the Breakers. The goaltending on Ashley and the no call on the 24-second violation were two obvious wrong calls. There's a lot going right for the league but the refereeing is still well behind we’re it should be.

Reply #786093 | Report this post

ahmed  
Years ago

Does the Bunnings player of the game get any money? They should at least get a $50 bunnings gift card.

Reply #786096 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Lamar Patterson unstoppable

Reply #786097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets are fkn shit so for the Breakers to drop that one, it's not good

Reply #786098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That from a Breakers fan^. Honestly, we even played Gliddon (who's been literally useless) into form.

Sidenote, what is the point of Braun and Singler in their roster, they actually don’t really do much at all!

Reply #786099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patterson was fantastic at both ends, Hopson offensively great but no so great defensively. Gliddon back to scoring best.

Reply #786100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Braun and Singler in their roster, they actually don't really do much at all!"

I thought they won them the game.

Reply #786101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair point regarding tonight's game ^. I stand corrected, just saw the stats and yes they were good.

Reply #786103 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ got bullied in the post and the double teams came far too late. Nz had no answer for Pies Patterson.

Reply #786131 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

WTF has happened to Te Rangi this season?
Brilliant last year, now gone completely to crap, can't even get on the floor?

Reply #786166 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He had an injury in the off-season, missed the World Cup and much of pre-season and just hasn't been able to get himself up to speed. With depth at his position, he needed to play well to get into the rotation and he hasn't been able to in limited minutes.

Reply #786169 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

D2.0, I thought Vukona (washed!) entering the game ahead of Te Rangi was an insult.

Also, well done as always with the preview Jack.

Reply #786189 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Vukona still being on an NBL roster is an insult he was done last season.

Reply #786195 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He was outstanding last season, but not so this year unfortunately, the NZ NBL injury seems to have done him in.

Reply #786197 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I thought that Singler & Braun were/are very stable, if not exciting. They are very good on D, certainly display court-smarts, and know how to pad their stats for the team's benefit. Just not often enough, unfortunately. Keep one and then TeRangi gets to play again. We also get the chance to recruit a starting import PG with Sobey as back-up.

Reply #786228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braun and Singler are good if you have one or the other to complement 2 studs and provide high IQ with good core skills. The problem for Brisbane is they have two and they both play similar positions! In Braun's case, I think he suffered shrinkage on the flight over - I think Brisbane thought they were getting someone who could play the 4.

Reply #786276 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Brisbane said at the time Braun was recruited to replace Patterson, but then Lamar became available and they decided to go with both of them.

Had Patterson turned up in shape they're probably in third spot right now and it looks like a good decision. As it is, the jury is definitely still out.

Reply #786278 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754