Jack Toft
Years ago

Phoenix v Taipans Jan 26

Massive Australia Day double kicks off with a massive game. Stoke up the barbie, put on your cork hat, dong on your thongs and grab a pew.

Phoenix were beaten by Brisbane earlier in the round and host Cairns who they beat in round 11 at home by 7. Cairns beat them at home by 8 in Round 13, so this will be hotter than a tool left out in the sun in Marble Bar in January.

There's been a line drawn through SEM as far as finals are concerned, but hey, win the next 5, results go your way, play for a 6 way tie... still a mathematical chance. Cairns are surprisingly 3 and 7 on the road. I would have thought that was better. The game is being played at the State Basketball Centre which might be of benefit to Cairns, who are used to playing in small, packed stadiums.

Lots at play for both teams, but a Cairns win today will essentially secure a top 4 spot, and I think we'll see that. Snakes by 2.

Topic #46782 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Jack

I thought the phrase was "don your thongs", with removal being to “de-thong”.

Do I not speak Strine proper?

Reply #788757 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yeah, nah, yeah

I have to laugh about strine as we say so many things that (for example) Americans can't understand. One of my US cousins was messaging me about the bushfires and I said things were pretty crook and they had no idea.

Reply #788767 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Jack

I have contacts in the US who loved chippie, sparkie, brickie etc as job names.

Good bit of banter... but is there zero interest in the game?

Reply #788777 | Report this post

Phoenix will put up a fight even if they're out of playoff mix.
Phoenix by 3.

Reply #788789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't be a walk in the park for Cairns, they had better be switched on Phoenix will bust their arse, Cairns seem to struggle against the lower teams. Hopefully Michardo plays great to keep the pressure on mvp race. Phoenix bench even worse than Cairns.

Cairns by 12.

Reply #788795 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not a bad game this carn the Phoenix!

Reply #788830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Future Wildcat Machado dominating

Reply #788839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo injured?

Reply #788841 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Adnam with the blonde moment.

Reply #788844 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

We'll take that...

Reply #788845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns are legit. Wining on the road even when they were less than good for the most part. I really like this team.

Reply #788849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch Melbourne go after Machado in the off season. You just know it's going to happen.

Reply #788850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a business, so I’d be shocked if any team didn’t try and poach him.

Reply #788852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

taipans should not care the last 6 yrs they have had some of the best imports in the league
Torrey craig now in the NBA
Trimble UTD
Oliver Machado
Travis trice
Scott wilbekin

so if I was a taipans fan who cares if he leaves, you just need a owner.
Cairns post suggests that Taipans are looking at playing a NBA team has anyone got more news

Reply #788855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've never really thought about it but you’re right, Cairns recruiting has been top notch.

Reply #788877 | Report this post

Adnam with a blonde moment.
Occasionally my brother says something funny :)

Reply #788890 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754