Anonymous
Years ago

Bryce Cotton scoring champ

Bryce Cotton won his third scoring title in four years. He had 609 points in 27 games.

He became the first player in NBL history to lead the League in scoring (22.6) and steals (1.7) in the same season.

https://twitter.com/nblfacts/status/1228637876780331008

Topic #46899 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Plus the club won Team of the Year at the WA Sports Awards a few days ago. All we do is win.

Reply #793236 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

WA sports award team of the year? It's basically Wildcats vs AFL teams bit of a joke really

Reply #793250 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

^ its all WA based teams from all sports where a WA team is represented, so not just Wildcats and AFL teams. Its nothing more than a community type brag thats sponsored by RAC and Channel 7. Theres not a lot of interest in it genreally and doesn't mean much. Channel 7 might mention it but thats all.

Reply #793257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All Perthworld does is talk shit on the internet.

Reply #793276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yay. Cairns will make this team very nervous.

Reply #793278 | Report this post

all we do is win my bros!

Reply #793292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, way to derail the thread...

Reply #793294 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I'm not saying he would have won, but kind of a joke that the guard who leads te league in steals, doesn't even get nominated for DPOTY

Reply #793298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamelo Ball also averages 1.7 steals per game (same as Cotton). Trimble is in the top 10 with the same average as Martin... maybe steals are not that good of an indicator for DPOY?

Reply #793305 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I dont think steals are a major factor anymore either. Its a relatively opportunistic stat. If you can hustle hard, stop your man from scoring on you or driving past you, then your D is solid. Doesnt mean you end up getting a steal out of it. If you do, good, but doesnt necessarily indicate how good your defence was if you do nab a steal or two.

Reply #793307 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm not saying he would have won, but kind of a joke that the guard who leads te league in steals, doesn't even get nominated for DPOTY

Not really, you can get a lot of steals but still be terrible defensively i.e. Allen Iverson.

Reply #793335 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Not enough credit is given to this champion, easily the best player the comp has seen since Ennis.

Reply #793336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when rounded to 1 decimal place, Cotton and Ball averaged the same steals per game. When rounded to 2 decimal places, Cotton had 1.70 (46 / 27 games) while Ball had 1.67 (20 / 12 games)

Reply #793381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754