Anonymous
Years ago

I was out of the league because of Joey's comments: Randle

Olgun Uluc on Fox Sports published a Q&A with Jerome Randle and Eric Griffin. Some interesting comments but the one I didn't know about was when Randle said that he couldn't get back in the league a couple of years ago because of something Joey said. What did Joey say?

____

Randle: It's hurtful, because, here we go again. A couple years ago, I had to sit back and listen to all the things being said about me that weren’t true. I had to shut my mouth. I was kicked out of the league. No-one wanted to touch me, because of something that wasn’t true. No-one really knows that story.

I was kicked out of this league when money had nothing to do with me coming back. And, Joey put that light on people; it was wrong.

Topic #46961 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/basketball/nbl/a-conversation-with-jerome-randle-and-eric-griffin-on-joey-wrights-comments-kevin-whites-tweets-and-standing-up-for-yourself/news-story/6c20d28f08f3a70b2d1287ada7ac1037?__twitter_impression=true

Reply #795922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just going to gloss over the whole bit about people having food thrown at them then

Reply #795930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the food incident is more of concern to you than a coach responding to a 'wellness' report with I hope they KILL themselves, there's some underlying issues you have there.

Reply #795932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another crap thread.

Reply #795934 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

Yet another '36ers aren't in the finals so lets make a big deal out of something that should have been put on the original Joey thread'. Nobody who doesn't eat crows gives a sh!t about your underachieving team or their Micromanagement Expert for an ex coach Jo-Jo. In the words of Justin Timberlake, Cry Me A River...

Reply #795936 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Now Randle trying to play a victim, I think I've heard it all now from these punks. What no mention of his wife throwing food at a Hawks supporting kid or Randle playing hero ball and shooting us out of the playoffs?

Give me a break, Olgun should be ashamed of himself that ain't journalism, anything for clicks.

Reply #795938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So literally presenting a transcript of someone's side of the story with no interpretation or bias is taking sides now?

Reply #795940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Journalism died in this country a long time ago, in all aspects and topics. We get what we deserve, shit sandwich after shit sandwich. It's all a bore now but people seem to want more and more. Great game last night and people still on this same crap. Time to move on.

Reply #795942 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

So literally presenting a transcript of someone's side of the story with no interpretation or bias is taking sides now?

Here's an idea when Randle starts his hilarious victim ranting guff how about asking him about how things really went down in his departure from Adelaide? It's not like Olgun doesn't know about it, everyone does.

But no because then he'd hang up the phone and there would be no clickbait story.

Reply #795944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the story from a few years ago, for those that didn't follow as closely during that time?

Reply #795946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Relax zodiac. Your off on this one.

Reply #795948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Story is

Jerome demanded more money
Issues between Jerome and players
Issues between Jerome and Joey
Issues between Jeromes's wife and other players wives ( including one alleged punch up)
Issues between food and opposition supporters

Olgun is very close to Randle’s inner sanctum and thus isn’t really interested in balanced story time

Jerome never sticks long term, wonder why that is.

Reply #795950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What i don't understand is if there were so many issues then why did the Sixers go and get Randle this year. Not only that they did it at the last minute

Reply #795952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people are going to really queue up to get Randall now. smh

Reply #795953 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What i don't understand is if there were so many issues then why did the Sixers go and get Randle this year.

Because he puts bums on seats and that's all the owner cares about.

Not only that they did it at the last minute

Which made it even more ridiculous but I dare say a by-product of doing it was the owner trying to get Joey to quit he knew this was all going to happen.

Reply #795971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac is Joey

Reply #795980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Which made it even more ridiculous but I dare say a by-product of doing it was the owner trying to get Joey to quit he knew this was all going to happen."

Even this doesn't make sense to me because Joey said in his interviews this week it wasn't ownership that was interfering.

Reply #795984 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Zodiac on point in this thread

Reply #795985 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Years ago

Joey was a disgraceful bully and had to go. End of

Reply #795988 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Zodiac just isn't blood lusting anyone - it’s sad when pragmatism becomes a rare minority.

Nobody is treating Joey like he’s an angel and I haven’t read a single person who believes it’s a good idea for Joey to be coaching Adelaide next season. I also haven’t read anybody suggest Joey isn’t a clashy personality.

Clearly Joey has cracked it a little and abrasively is just done with the club and the players. The text showed that clearly.

There are some players who are younger who he pushed to become better he gave them opportunities he backed them and they try hard. They’re normally the ones who like him and came out in support of him.

There are some players who he obviously had a fractured relationship with and that doesn’t surprise because those players played like crap most of the season showed little effort and were generally selfish. Their response has been to be offended at the accusation they tanked the team. Yeah but they did by playing like trash. Every Adelaide fan reviewing the game on here week in week out pointed out the exact same issues every bloody time - the only people who don’t realise they played crap are those players. That’s a mindset issue and it’s one they clearly have with the deflection and nonsense they came out with that Joey hurt their reputation.

Come on, their reputation took a hit every week when they frustrated their home crowds by letting players breeze past them and then sooked hard every time the ref called something on them.

Joeys gone and done, but the players who want to play in Adelaide next season and ownership should apologise for this absolutely unprofessional nosedive.

Reply #795989 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What i don't understand is if there were so many issues then why did the Sixers go and get Randle this year. Not only that they did it at the last minute

To get Wright to quit before his contract expired. It was an LK power move via Kelley.

Reply #795992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said KET, it's business, it’s ruthless, some players think they are above the team, it never worked for Jordan, when coach Jackson got there he emphasised team, the rest is history.

Reply #795994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Olgun thinking he is a "Woj" of Aussie basketball

Any story that is leaked from Olgun is 9/10 times leaked to him by a well known NBL agent.
Hence the fluff piece by Olgun, its a favour for his agent friend who just so happens to rep certain players involved in this.
Do the math

Reply #796007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ spot on bruh! Olgun is trash journo

Reply #796019 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

lol if Olgun is a trash journo who are the good ones in Australian basketball? Surprised how many people are supporting Wright here. He started the whole thing by throwing his players under the bus and expecting them not to respond. The whole thing was unnecessary. He could have got head coach work in the near future but that's unlikely to happen now.

Reply #796028 | Report this post

krayola  
Years ago

lol if Olgun is a trash journo who are the good ones in Australian basketball? Surprised how many people are supporting Wright here. He started the whole thing by throwing his players under the bus and expecting them not to respond. The whole thing was unnecessary. He could have got head coach work in the near future but that's unlikely to happen now.

Reply #796029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait what did his wife do

Reply #796030 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This is unreal.get a grip people especially those who so negative about joey or Griff comment. Read some of the crap you guys are writing as experts begroaning their written comments. At least they put their names to.it.
Issue must be dealt with at Admin and sure it will. Trust the process before calling for blood bans banishment. Needs rational calm mature approach.

Reply #796033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac isn't Joey.
He writes in complete sentences.
And uses correct spelling and grammar.

Reply #796035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a fan of another NBL team, I feel all of this Joey vs players issue is a total disgrace to all of them, the sport and the NBL.

Is anyone trying to put a stop to it? This is not going to end well at all. Very sad.

Reply #796036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on it's all very petulant and makes the players involved look like a bunch of teenagers.

Reply #796038 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Olgun and 'balanced' articles don’t exist.

He is not good.

Reply #796040 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

While I don't think that Adelaide tanked through the entire season, in light of what has been made public in the past couple of days I think for the final few games of the season that it is certainly a strong possibility.

With around 3 or 4 games to go, the 36ers were still a chance of making the playoffs. Yet for all intents and purposes they had a big drop in form, basically playing like crap save one or two notable standouts such as DJ. It seemed strange at the time given what they were playing for, but it has been pretty much confirmed now, that the majority just wanted the season over and done with sooner rather than later. Unfortunately as it turned out, sooner meant basically sacrificing any chance of making the playoffs.

Reply #796049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly Joey's fault Jerome got sacked a few games into his big money deal in Turkey too. Lots of blame from the little guy

Reply #796078 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754