krayola
Years ago

Worst ever performances in the NBL

This Kings effort is the worst I've ever seen by an NBL team. Down 66 in the 3rd quarter.

Any others spring to mind?

Topic #46985 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't think of any.

Reply #796802 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Perth lost by 55 to North Melbourne in the 1989 semis.

Reply #796803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mad Monday for the Sixers a couple weeks ago?

Reply #796805 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Funnily enough Sydney hold the record for worst loss ever which was by 88 but that was a regular season game. Such a bad basketball city.

Reply #796807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet they try to buy a title every year

Reply #796809 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

and outside of the super coach Goorjian era have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Reply #796811 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Greta is complaining to the RSPCA for will Will Weaver supporting the spotlight hunting of deer

Reply #796820 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Slaughtered. Wonder what shit Bogut will throw Melbournes way after his magnificent performance

Reply #796836 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Bogut should probably stay humble on Twitter after this series from him. He's looked like he's got a headache or something and like he barely even knows what he's doing out there. He was getting danced on by guys in the key.

If Bogut doesn't get his arse in gear and start being useful in the paint again, Sydney will lose this series. They simply wont be able to stop Melbourne with just 10 percent of Andrew Bogut plus Daniel Kickert inside.

Reply #796837 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Has any team led by 58 during the 3rd quarter of a 40 minute game? I doubt it

It's amazing

And amazing considering they're a veteran team. I would never have expected a team with this much experience to get pummeled like that.

Suggests lack of mental toughness and leadership. Can you even imagine that happening to Gleeson and Perth? Can you imagine how badly Joey Wright would lose his mind if his team was even down by, 35?

Reply #796841 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I think it was 38-31 Then 97-39

59-8 Run

Mind boggling.

Reply #796842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut always goes missing in big games.

Reply #796844 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

What a surprise. Honestly thought United were cooked after the terrible 4th quarter fade out game 1. Some really good adjustments, Kidd into the prominent role, Barlow to the bench and Smith-Milner DNP. Ili's role on Ware has been sensational. Defence across the floor has really picked up. Trimble playing as a scoring point off the bench is the right role. Hope they can keep it going.

Reply #796848 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/nblfacts/status/1234427980098596864

Reply #796850 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

NBLfacts @nblfacts
Biggest win in any 40-minute NBL game since 2010

45 by United over Kings tonight

43 by Wildcats over Kings 2014

41 by Blaze over Hawks 2012

40 (three times)

#NBL20

LOL

Tweet embed feature isn't working?

Reply #796851 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #796852 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Thanks. I got an error stopping me from sending a message with the embed code.

Reply #796853 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'd rather talk best ever than worst ever

This opening weekend delivered:

- One of the best games ever

- One of the biggest chokes ever

- The biggest win of the 40 minute era

#SeeIncredible indeed

Reply #796854 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The embed code breaks if the tweet includes an emoji I think.

Reply #796855 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Even without the embed code it still won't let me post.

Reply #796881 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

without the emoji portion of the embed code*

Reply #796883 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

On Oct 8 1989, North Melbourne defeated Perth 165 to 110 while Canberra deafeated Sydny 142 -82. Both games were Game 3's of their semi-finals series (but in 48 minute games)

Reply #796898 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Mentally, if your Sydney, that must surely cook you? Being down 66 points to a team in the 3rd quarter. That's some pretty big demons heading into Game 3 LOL.

Would be extraordinary if Sydney got up in Game 3.

Reply #796903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The embed code breaks if the tweet includes an emoji I think.
That's correct. If you remove an emoji from the code, they will still show up via the embed anyway. Tried to upgrade the database to support the character space for emoji but think there were other showstopping issues so I abandoned it.

Reply #796915 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Mentally, if your Sydney, that must surely cook you? Being down 66 points to a team in the 3rd quarter. That's some pretty big demons heading into Game 3 LOL.

Would be extraordinary if Sydney got up in Game 3.]

Yesterday, most people were saying....

Mentally, if your United, that must surely cook you? Being up 16 to a team in the 4th quarter, then throwing the game away with terrible shot selection and dumb turnovers. That's some pretty big demons heading into Game 2 LOL.

Would be extraordinary if United got up in Game 2.

Btw it was 58, not 66. But even 58 is ridiculous!

I'm not suggesting Sydney will win game 3. Just saying, Sydney's team must have 100+ years of pro experience between them, championships all over the world (Casper and Bogut France, NBA, NBL). We see this in the NBA all the time, huge swings of momentum from game to game as adjustments are made. Anything is possible.

Reply #796916 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Not just adjustments, it's also just that confidence comes and goes. Having the crowd behind them will make a huge difference.

Reply #796919 | Report this post

serballin  
Years ago

I think that Melbourne would have been better off winning by 10. Much like Sydney's come back in Game 1 pissed Melbourne off (according to Vickerman), this loss will piss Sydney off. I expect Sydney to man the F up in game 3 - should be a foul fest. Whether they get called or not is another story.

Reply #796921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Back in February:

'Basketball star Andrew Bogut has savaged the NRL for their "disappointing" decision to abolish competitive finals for children'

Last night, he abolished competitive finals for adults too.

Reply #796944 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's all coming back on Bogut now - may this be an important life lesson to him at the end of his career. Love it.

That's correct. If you remove an emoji from the code, they will still show up via the embed anyway. Tried to upgrade the database to support the character space for emoji but think there were other showstopping issues so I abandoned it.

So how do I circumvent it like kr did?

Reply #796945 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Delete any visible emojis in the text box. If it still failed, either there was one you missed or a separate reason.

Reply #796954 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Game 3 of both NBL semifinals way back in 1989 were both blowouts.

- Canberra Cannons def Sydney Kings 142-82 (won series 2-1)
- North Melbourne Giants def Perth Wildcats 165-110 (won series 2-1)

How are those for lopsided results, played in the 48min game era.

Giants went on to beat the Cannons 2-0 in the grand final series.

Reply #796956 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754