LV
Earlier this month

CG43 to the Wildcats?

*Potentially and would be a good fit according to a subtitle of a West Australian article I haven't read because it's behind a pay wall?

Topic #47218 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Earlier this month

Just when you thought the Wildcats couldn't be more despised...

Reply #805397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this month

Wouldn't mind him at Perth but having read the article it's nothing more than rumours.
Same article says Froling could flourish at Perth.
#bringbackangus.

Reply #805399 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this month

Been there, done that. Please no.

Reply #805401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this month

the author of the article is just writing a fluff piece with quotes from Redhage haha it's a load of baloney

Reply #805407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Perfect fit personality wise.

Reply #805411 | Report this post

Anon  
Two weeks ago

Not entirely ridiculous given he has played for the Cats prior to gaining the ego.

Norton
Goulding
Wagstaff
Froling
Majok

Is not a terrible non-import due to covid restrictions starting 5 with the likes of Swaka, Vague and Travers off the bench

Reply #805412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Only be there for a year before signing in Hobart

Reply #805416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

He's the face of basketball in Melbourne. He’ll come to an agreement with United for a contract

Reply #805417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

I can see a one year deal at lower salary obviously then go to Tasmania for a bigger three year deal.

Reply #805418 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two weeks ago

Likely just Goulding's agent using Perth and all their vacant salary cap space to drive up a better offer, whatever happens I would think he would sign with the Tassie team next year anyway.

Reply #805419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Agreed Zodiac.

Reply #805422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Tasmania not guaranteed to start now though.

Reply #805429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Read like an opinion piece to me.

Reply #805430 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Two weeks ago

If Perth plays Goulding like Cotton, ie build the offence around him.

Can Goulding do what Cotton does?

Reply #805446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

What about Steindl?

Reply #805478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

CG43 or Stiendl.....mmmm jokes right!

Reply #805480 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two weeks ago

If they are desperate, Goulding 'could' do some of what Cotton does I suppose.

Goulding isn't as fast, cannot turn corners and doesn't seem to have a strong midrange like Cotton.

But he can come off picks and get his own shot off.

Goulding has range too much takes much worse shots that Cotton, I am thinking if he were go to the Perth system, would he be a decent replacement for 1 season?

The other trouble for Perth is with Martin out, this is a full new Starting 5, so those systems are lost except for Steindl and Wagstaff to preserve / teach it.

Reply #805490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

I'd love to have him.

Not going to happen.

Reply #805493 | Report this post

Senator11  
Two weeks ago

I sense we're more likely to get 2 of Jameel McKay, Derek Cooke Jr and Jaron Johnson type player... :(

Reply #805505 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two weeks ago

I think if you are a championship aspirant, you cannot have any dud imports, you could have Jameel Mackay when the other 2 were Cotton and Prather.

You need one stud (Cotton'esque, Machado/Oliver, Hopson) and one solid contributor (White, Newbill, uninjured Prather).

Even with Cotton you still cannot have 2 passengers like Tokoto and Cooke Jnr, that team got swept.

Reply #805511 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Two weeks ago

Hearing perth fans complain about players like McKay honestly hurts. Some of us would kill to see a solid player like that in our teams colours...

Reply #805542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

As a Perth fan I though McKay was solid certainly saved the cats ass in that melbourne game at the end of the season a couple of times

Reply #805619 | Report this post

Senator11  
Two weeks ago

Yeah, I shouldn't have put McKay in the same convo as Jaron and Cooke, I just can't get over the travel calls, first thing I think of when thinking of McKay...

Reply #805625 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Ganymede 71

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Punch - insightful time tracking
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 am, Wed 27 May 2020 | Posts: 834,110 | Last 7 days: 535