Tex
Years ago

Basketball Vic comps starting back

Looks like Basketball Victoria is working towards indoor training resuming June 22nd, with all competitions resuming July 11th.

Topic #47272 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please tell me how clubs can train for 3 weeks and then Bingo Bango start playing. Kids situations will have changed, coaches may not return and small clubs will need to revisit team selection. I too want to return but safely and with at the very least 4/5 weeks to organise teams

Reply #807455 | Report this post

anon905  
Years ago

Is this juniors only, as in what happened in NSW with the Waratah League cancelled from Youth League to Championship basically the seniors but juniors are returning ?

Is the Big V going to return in the condensed form ?

Reply #807456 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

4/5 weeks to organise teams! C'mon, just get the kids out there rather than worry about admin etc. This ain’t the NBA. Yep, they’ll be rusty, and there will be juggling ... but time to let the kids play.

Reply #807461 | Report this post

Hopscotch 61  
Years ago

Waratah and Youth League in NSW is still going ahead. Division 2 Waratah has been cancelled.

Reply #807463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Junior District September start

Reply #807471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Junior District September start

Reply #807473 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Query why SA are waiting so long, given the status of the virus in SA.

Reply #807474 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

Still waiting for Sturt to confirm they are ready...

Reply #807478 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Genuine question ... what would be the reason for the delay in SA?

Reply #807480 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

Genuine answer - Sturt have asked for extra time so that their U10 Div 3 team can perfect their full court trap.

Reply #807484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure whether trolling or legit.... I'm 50/50 on this one

Reply #807551 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Probably trolling. But in fairness, SA has no current active cases. Only two cases since 23 April (7 weeks). Sep is a long time away. SA gov has been quite strict, and it's paid off. Perhaps time to loosen up a little however.

Reply #807559 | Report this post

anon905  
Years ago

Is there any reasoning behind the cancellation of the Waratah 2 over the Waratah 1.

Also does that include Youth League Div 2 cancelled Div 1 still on ?

Is the logic mainly that Div 1 is mainly metro teams while Div 2 generally has a few rural teams in it ?

What type of format will the Waratah 1 be played, is there opportunity for team reshaping players from Waratah 2 or other state leagues joining in?

Reply #807560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA have no cases, does that mean they are not testing to get any? Just cause there is not positive test doesn't mean there are no case.

There are several problems with starting back up.
- People have lost their jobs, so can they afford to pay the fees etc for there kids to play.
- Travelling all over Melbourne for VJBL when parents can't spectate, no sure many parents will want to do that.

Reply #807573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So do the VJBL have to poll all parents and wait for them all to find a new job before they start back up again?

Reply #807577 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

SA Junior District will resume in July.

Reply #807580 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not everyone can or will want to play. So what. I'm sure there will be enough. Already paid fees in any event ... doubt they will be refunded.

Reply #807650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Money and fees always an interesting topic.

For instance I still pay $10 a week to my gym to ensure it will be there on the 22nd and it is and I understood about rent and maintenance and utilities. My sons basketball rep association have not asked the same. If they did I am in a position to let them keep my 2020 fees. No I am not wealthy but my sons association and team mean the world to him.

If they vjbl get back on court he will be rapt. If they don't he understands. He plays U16.

Reply #807679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are all in this together. Now Regional Senior Basketball pulled.

Return to Sport Update - As of July 9
Senior / 19 years and over participation (Regional Victoria)

Previous communications from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV), have indicated a potential mid-July return of full contact training (July 13) and return to competition (July 20) for participants 19 years and over in regional Victoria. We are seeking formal advice, but the early indications are the return to sport for these dates are doubtful. We suggest all plans for Senior Domestic Competitions (in Regional Victoria) are placed on hold until we receive confirmation.

All participants 19 years and over in regional Victoria remain on Orange-20 (Indoor/Outdoor Non-Contact Training) until further notice.

Reply #811001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't fix stupidity. 288 new cases today. Nuff said.

Reply #811009 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754