Anon
Years ago

Aussie NBA Contingent NBL return?

Read an article on Joe Ingles saying how If the NBA were to continue in a bubble next season, it would affect players with families, he was quoted saying "guys aren't going without their families".

If the NBA resumes next season in the bubble, does that mean that depending on how life in the bubble could be, could we see our Aussie NBA players opt to come back home and play in the NBL sooner rather than later???

Would be great for the league overall, and also great for the NBA guys and their families to come home, continue to play basketball, and live a relatively normal life, compared to that in the bubble.

Topic #47468 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

I see you haven't been reading the news the past month or so.

Reply #813786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see Delly and ingles back next year potentially, Baynes the year after.

Reply #813787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles contracted for 20-21 and 21-22 season 11+ million

Baynes 19-20 season 5+ million

Dellavedova 19-20 season 9+ million

Reply #813788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is unlikely to get a new NBA contract, so is a chance to come to the NBL if life in Australia is appealing to him.
I don't think I want the health situation to be so bad everywhere except Australia that guys like Ingles come back to Australia...
Maybe if there is a NBA lock-out though?

Reply #813789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe already been paid so easy to make the call about not playing.

Also Joe good with his cash alot of the US players won't have the option as they end up broker pretty quick if they ain't playing.

Reply #813790 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I see Delly back soon enough. The rest, 2-4 years away

Reply #813791 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

As long as they don't perform like Mills did for the Tigers.

Reply #813792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes will be in cairns imo 21-22 or 22-23 season.

Delly will be tassies marquee imo, 21-22 season.

Ingles will be the sf in Adelaide or Melbourne 22-23 season.

Bolden and Broekhoff maybe also 21-22

Reply #813794 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The NBA is a smart and professional organisation. If there were issues accommodating families, I think they'd make adjustments where possible.

Delly will probably be back in the near future. Ingles, Mills and Baynes further off.

Reply #813795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Joe already been paid so easy to make the call about not playing.

Also Joe good with his cash alot of the US players won't have the option as they end up broker pretty quick if they ain't playing."

No one is leaving 22 mil on the table to play NBL, especially someone who is 'good with his cash'. Be serious.

Reply #813796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no guarantee any of them will come back and play. They might you know just retire! None of them need and more $$$ especially not NBL level $$$

Reply #813797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly would get some big offers in the EU can't think the NBL will be in a position to compete

We might get Exum back before any of those mentioned above

Reply #813798 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

The OP is asking if Covid might drive them back.
I think that was conceivable, until Victoria shat the bed.

The NBA could spend a LOT of money to protect from Covid, so there would have to be a BIG difference between our situation and the rest of the world. That might have been conceivable, but now who knows.

Reply #813804 | Report this post

Miller  
Years ago

Peanut butter delly time in the NBL!!

Reply #813832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe has already said he won't be playing for Adelaide. He wants his family to grow up in Melbourne. That said he may hook up with Goorjian at the hawks

Reply #813837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754