Anonymous
Years ago

Pivotal series for LeBron!

If the Lakers lose this series to the Blazers, what effect will it have on the arguments of GOAT with Jordan? All the LeBron fans will bring up Jordan losing early in his career, it's an asterisk year with covid and that it's his 16th season but IMO it might tip the scales losing as a number 1 seed.

Topic #47535 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Doesn't feel all that pivotal to be honest

Reply #815660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is good but not great. Jordan didnt have to go looking for teams to win championships. Lebron tries to transfer his way to a winning team.

So his stats always look better than his impact on the game.

Reply #815661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nba fix this one Lakers are biggest rating team so need them through....

Reply #815662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron was the only laker that stood up today, he could not do anymore. Jordan didn't need to look for teams, he had them all with him. This series certainly won’t change that. Watch today’s game and look at the stats.

Reply #815663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

League will not let Lebron lose.

Lowest ratings in a decade+

Watch.

Reply #815664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anybody who believes that the administrations of league "fix" things is a moron

Reply #815665 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

LeBron has aged and plateaued to the point now that he isn't even in contention to be in the GOAT argument anymore.

Reply #815667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan had pippen and the rest of the team were odd assortment of European or journeymen type players. Put Lebron in place of Jordan in those teams they dont get 5 rings, not even close.

Reply #815668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Lakers go out no one will be watching and it will cost the NBA event more dollars than COVID already has.

This is why getting political and offending half a country isn't ideal when it comes to TV ratings as the old "Republicans buy shoes" comment rings pretty true and if the major draw of the Lakers are out then the US viewership will plummet.

Reply #815670 | Report this post

Excuses  
Years ago

The narrative has already started with Laker & Lebron excuses.

Laker injuries, away from family, focussing on BLM etc.

Some high profile media are even calling Blazers favourites.

Reply #815671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't mean anything. No pressure on Lebron at this end of his career. And I do recall MJ getting bounced in first round.

Apparently it’s worse losing in the finals than in the first round anyway if you listen to the Lebron haters.

Reply #815677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You need to read up on Lebron's own quote. He rather NOT make the playoffs than lose in the finals. Makes your comment look kind of redundant doesn't it.

Reply #815678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MJ didn't do squat till coach Jackson got there and put that team together. To many haters always going to hate.

Reply #815679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA ain't letting LeBron get bounced

Reply #815681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch the free throw count once the series starts going a few games.

Reply #815682 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

To be honest in my opinion the pressure is on AD not LeBron, AD is the guy in his prime and is supposed to be a big superstar player. Right now Nurkic looks better than AD does.

LeBron has nothing left to prove, I'm not one for the who is better Jordan or LeBron debate as they played different positions and are playing in different era's of basketball. But if AD wants to be the future of the Lakers he needs to be the one stepping up.

Reply #815686 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Jordan had pippen and the rest of the team were odd assortment of European or journeymen type players. Put Lebron in place of Jordan in those teams they dont get 5 rings, not even close.]

Trolling much? How about 2*DPOY, 8* All defense 1st team, 2* All NBA superstar Dennis Rodman. Just a journeyman!

On the countrary I think if Lebron had a time machine back to 1996, he'd win 3 in a row too.

The first 3 though- 91-93? More questionable.

Reply #815687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Miami LeBron played with two hall of famers

Reply #815692 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Lebron is good but not great.

You tit.

Reply #815693 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wade in his prime was comparable to Pippen I would think, but declined sharply when he hit 30, after his 2nd season with Lebron.

Jordan played with Pippen all through Pippen's prime.

Bosh isn't in the same league as Rodman. At least, 96 Rodman. Perhaps Rodman had declined a bit by 1998.

Reply #815694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice straw grabbing

Reply #815697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"This is why getting political and offending half a country isn't ideal"

What has the NBA done to offend anyone?

Reply #815698 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think the COVID asterisk counts for that much that it would seriously change the minds of the sorts who get particularly excited by GOAT debates. They don't have HCA, I guess.

Bradley and Rondo are out, but so are Ariza and Hood.

I assume it's the structure of the team as much as anything.

No easy teams in the West.

Reply #815699 | Report this post

"Nba fix this one Lakers are biggest rating team so need them through...."

Hell no!, The NBA won't taint its integrity with something like this, it ain't the NBL.

Reply #815709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The covid asterisk would be more about playing in a neutral venue and also the break in the season. And getting Nurkic back has been huge, wouldn't have been if the season had stayed on track.
The rest factor is cancelled by the rustiness I guess.

Reply #815712 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Yes Lakers would normally in front of a packed out Staples for Games 1 and 2.

8th Seed isn't too bad if you match up well against 1st seed.

We wish Dame time all the best.

Reply #815725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig summed it up the best a few hours ago, AD is the one under pressure, check out the plus/minus on yesterday's stats when both had about the same amount of time.

Reply #815726 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Does there need to be panic here?

The Lakers had a bad shooting night with some god awful passengers like KCP 1/1/1 in 29 mins of action 0-9.

If they revert to the averages, the Lakers would be in a better position.

Did AD play that bad?? 28 and 11 with 2 steals and blocks is not too shabby.

Reply #815730 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

HCA means SFA.
It's more about form and Portland and Lillard in particular have been on fire.

Still see the Lakers getting this series in 6.

Reply #815731 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Lovebroker - the shooting woes hasnt just been that 1 game, they are scoring the lowest PPG out of all teams in the bubble... that says something when they are in the bubble with the Orlando Magic.

AD scored 28 points correct, but took him 24 shots to do it (33% shooting), the free throw line helped him a lot in this one.

Also remember the Blazers are playing without their starting PF Zach Collins who is out another couple of games, so AD should be feasting on Wenyen Gabriel.

LeBron is being LeBron and keeping them in it, but its gotta be AD who steps up and shows he was worth everything the Lakers gave up for him.

Reply #815732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron has shot at 28.3% outside the restricted area whilst in the bubble. That is so bad

Reply #815734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron just got out of a first round exit a couple of years ago against Indiana, if he gets eliminated here his legacy will be a little tarnished. And unlikely, but what happens if Davis departs in free agency, would he stay a Laker or chase a ring elsewhere?
But there will be a major spotlight on the officiating, any late dodgy calls and league is definitely rigged.

Reply #815742 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lakers shouldn't be worried. They shot 5/32 and it took some pretty big shots by the Blazers down the stretch to get it done (though I suppose you could say the same about the Blazers and their shooting %).

I feel like people underestimate how much of a neutraliser the bubble is. I mean both 8 seeds won their opening games, Utah clapped Denver by 20 today (which isn’t going to happen at altitude @ Denver), Dallas beat LAC today etc.

Just my opinion but this whole season has a huge asterisk.
Imagine Golden State playing in a bubble. They probably don’t end up winning 2 of their titles.

Reply #815753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers should be worried because they have shot like crap the entire bubble. It wasn't just this game

Reply #815754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anybody who says the league is rigged must be an anti-vaxer. Nothing more ridiculous

Reply #815755 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To many haters always going to hate.

Yep, so many MJ haters on here.

Reply #815762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As Craig said, the pressure was on AD, not Lebron, Davis performs to his capabilities at both ends LA wins.

Reply #815837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davis and LeBron doing it again. Davis on fire at both ends.

Reply #815914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754