Worried
Years ago

Neighbour issue

Hi Guys, really huge problem just surfaced and need advice please. My kids play basketball in our backyard and the hoop is near the neighbour fence. Sometimes the ball bounces and goes over to their backyard despite 1.5m Stratco fence. The ball use to come back when the neighbour used to come to his backyard or my kids go to their front door and ask politely to retrieve their ball. However, this morning all 3 ball came back over the fence with the knife puncture in all three. What should I do as he also abused my brother when he said hello. Can I call the police?

Topic #47629 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Your neighbour posted their own thread:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/12751-agro-neighbours-22stop-bouncing-that-ball22/

Reply #817235 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To be precise:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/12751-agro-neighbours-22stop-bouncing-that-ball22/#p308620

Reply #817236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this happens with constant bouncing balls in the back yard.

We had a neighbor who'd do the same and not much you can do as in the end it is there yard, although most sane people just chuck the ball back over.

If you call the Cops to discuss it i doubt that makes it any better.

Perhaps organise a fence extension or a net etc so the ball stops ending up over the fence.

Reply #817241 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

stab a hole in something of theirs...do they have a cat? lol

Reply #817242 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

What better way to improve the kids jump shot, if you miss the ball gets popped!

Reply #817243 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

I would move the goal post to another fence facing a different neighbour. Moving goal posts works because the NBL does it with good effect with their import and next stars rules.

Reply #817244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put a net up behind the backboard, so that there's something taller to prevent the ball going over the fence.

Reply #817245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They sell big overpriced nets you attach to the hoop or you can just make your own.

Reply #817248 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

They sell oversized eggs at Coles. Stock up when they're on special because Halloween is next month and people who slice neighbours' kids' basketballs deserve to be "tricked"

Reply #817249 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Maybe don't gave the kids bouncing their balls all day long, sure kids need to play but bouncing balls is like barking dogs, constant irritation leads to frustration and I’d say the neighbour if they usually would chuck the balks back is trying to tell you , enough ... it’s also the neighbours home which being at home in lockdown they are possibly trying to work
Bit of consideration may be helpful ... just a thought

Reply #817250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe get the season started to stop us all going mad.

Reply #817253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Install a netted fence. Pretty common these days

Reply #817260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop That Ball™ - Ball Stop Net & Post System [10ft Extender Kit]

Pop that in your google search
$200

Reply #817265 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Hello is that Dr Dish?

Reply #817274 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, install a net blah blah blah
Let's just ignore that the neighbour is knife-wielding psycho, who's next target will be somebody's dog, and then probably the kids themselves.

You really need to get the police involved. This person is either a tweaker or is off his meds. Either way, call the police.
At a minimum they will interview him about the property damage crime.

Just be aware that it may provoke further psychotic reactions, and you need to be clear on the idea of how far you will go to defend your kids.

Reply #817291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

puncturing a basketball equivalent to killing a dog
we have just been dazzled

Reply #817295 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

I got heaps of unresolved Neighbours issues

-how did Dr Karl bag all the hotties?
-Madge died
-how did Toadfish manage to punch so far above his weight?

Reply #817350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have a basketball court next to my office at work. I don't mind it but it drives nearly everyone else in the office nuts. Knifing the neighbour's kids balls is a dog act but I get that it's incredibly frustrating having to out up with endless repetitive noise from a neighbour in your limited leisure time.

I'd go over, acknowledge there's a disagreement and speak to them and see if you can negotiate times when it's better for your kids to play. Then if they do it again anyway go shit through their letter box.

Reply #817388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754