+
Years ago

what will 2021 season's timeline look like in Adelaide SA ?

fully aware it all depends on the COVID situation. But wondering what the 2021 SA calendar will look like.

2020 seems to be sorted - so all good there.

2021 -

Long weekend 8th March - so winter season could start the usual time the weekend after - there are 5 weekends after the Australia Day long weekend and before Adelaide Cup long weekend.

Obviously if all ok clubs will train - but what could happen game wise ?

Maybe go back and just play 4-5 weeks of South and North conference games again ? i.e. central, north, woodville, west, norwood in North conference and tigers, south, sturt, fville, mavs in south - just play 3 weeks in these pools with no finals - just play a game every week ? That fits the timeline.

Or just play 2 weekends of some sort of challenge tournaments - ie south and north conference tournaments (4 games 1 weekend) and then the winners can play each other - North v South. And have the rest of the weekends off from games as no time to run a season. Or just give everyone a break ?

Topic #47722 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you a break for. You just had 3+ months off for COVID

Reply #820014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you feel the need to break up a season like you've suggested just because of a long weekend in March?

Reply #820015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How are we going to make sure our elite players are fully prepared for Nationals if they go ahead?"

""I know, let's have another break!

Reply #820018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have heard it will be a 9 round (plus finals) season kicking off in mid Feb. This will be grading season for div 3 and lower.

Then a proper 18 round season that will run through to mid November.

This would be the new norm year in year out

I guess State Champs would slot back in May

Reply #820043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754