SASD
Years ago

Victor Oladipo Breakers part owner

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/30332721/indiana-pacers-victor-oladipo-joins-ownership-group-purchase-new-zealand-breakers

Topic #47773 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gifted a small % seems like the fashionable thing in the NBL at the moment.

Reply #821560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Oladipo has never traveled to New Zealand but has promised to make at least one trip per year to Auckland, where the team is based.

He said he first became interested in the league after watching American guard LaMelo Ball play for the Illawarra Hawks last season and jumped at the opportunity to be part of it.

"I definitely think this league is growing, I know it's growing,'' Oladipo said. "It's really competitive. I actually saw a few games when LaMelo was playing and I think it's becoming a hot commodity.""

Outstanding.

Reply #821610 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That's the LK factor right there.

Reply #821612 | Report this post

Truth Seeker  
Years ago

Victor the league about to burn Oh La deep Hole in your pockets.

Reply #821613 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

People can debate whether or not the NBL is the second best league in the world if they want, but there's no doubt it is the league on the come up with probably the second most interest outside of the NBA.

Reply #821617 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

No doubt?

There's some short term clicks and buzz, sure. And a few notable people buying into the idea that getting a few % could be a good buy-low proposition (It isnt) but nobody outside of Australia actually cares about the league, and only a limited number of people inside Australia do.

Reply #821618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"There's some short term clicks and buzz, sure. And a few notable people buying into the idea that getting a few % could be a good buy-low proposition (It isnt) but nobody outside of Australia actually cares about the league, and only a limited number of people inside Australia do."

I'm not sure what your point is? Are you saying because the NBL isn't massively popular in Australia and around the world that it isn't a good league? Or isn't relevant?

Reply #821691 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Hey Cram, how's that LK voodoo doll going? Still getting a workout I see ;)

Reply #821692 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"Hey Cram, how's that LK voodoo doll going? Still getting a workout I see ;)"

I wouldnt wanna touch any version of LK

"Are you saying because the NBL isn't massively popular in Australia and around the world that it isn't a good league? "

No, I was responding to the post from ME that the NBL had the second most interest outside of the NBA

Reply #821703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a great idea of LK's or the NZ owners. Gift a small % to someone and then take their money!

Reply #821710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754