NBL MAN
Years ago

Rasmus Bach signs with the Breakers

Rasmus Bach has a signed two year deal with the breakers

Topic #47903 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easily the worst signing this year and maybe ever.

Reply #825179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why a 2 year, should wait and see before signing a danish league player.

Reply #825180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waste of import spot it seems.

Reply #825181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But he's not an import?

The question I’m asking is whether he’s better than Ethan Rusbatch, who’s the best Kiwi to fill that spot. Given it’s likely he is, I’ll take the signing.

Reply #825182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never heard of him but as fourth guard behind Webster's and Weeks he won't get too much time.

Reply #825183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why sign him over a local

Reply #825184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's an American, Danish, Australian, who knows if he’s an import. If memory serves me right I think Joel Spears play a season in Sweden a few seasons back and did sensational, it’s a similar league to Denmark, so I’m not certain how this will pan out as Spears never got to play nbl.

Reply #825186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can shoot, but he won't have as much space to get to the rim like he would in denmark.

Reply #825187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12/6/2 in danish league 25y.o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SKMYWQ70nY&t=41s

Reply #825188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are quick to judge. Watch his highlights on youtube. He looks pretty athletic and has a bit of potential.

Reply #825189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The highlights are sped up though, not real time.

Reply #825190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

30% on 3 for the season.

Reply #825191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will bring the Danish community of Auckland through the gates.

Reply #825193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he an import ?

Reply #825197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those who don't understand the Breakers have two imports already in Iverson and Patterson.
Bach is a local.

Reply #825198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Triple citizenship.

Still rusbatch would be pissed you'd think.

Reply #825203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My first thought, who's he know ?.

Reply #825208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First the Trist signing and now this... what is going on? Like, Rusbatch is right there.

Reply #825224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Odd signing, understand with Rusbatch's defence and existing array of scorers why he might not get picked up, thought this was one for Harris with his hustle.

Two year signing as well coincides when Davidsons development contract -> player ends?

Reply #825226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always love the casual fans showing their expertise over what the Breakers coaching staff and front office wanted. They only work professionally in the industry and will have a bit more insight than some YouTube videos and Google searches.

Reply #825232 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Calm down, he's plays as a local and is the 10th man.
He’s not going to get a lot of time on court but has the potential to find a role on the team down the track if he works his ass off.

Reply #825234 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Breakers coaches often get it obviously wrong.

Reply #825247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rusbatch is a great shooter and I feel that the Breakers and the current coaching team have given him fair opportunities over time. But in the NBL he can be one dimensional and exposed on the defensive end. I am guessing that in Bach they are looking for a similar player, but someone who is a better defender, more explosive and able to create their own shot.

Is Terry Li still around or has he been quietly cut?

Reply #825261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Li is a 3 year dp

Reply #825270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Li is still on but its difficult due to cost of isolation and New Zealand's border rules it would be tricky. I expect next season to see him back but not around this season and likely just paid out.

But this is just hypothesising, there has been little to no information regarding him.

Reply #825273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's still on their website. But not part of their roster page. That page does, however, feature Murray and Galloway. No Davidson yet though.

Interesting strategy by the Breakers to have some low $ high upside players like Li, Galloway and Davidson. I imagine Bach is a similar punt. Trying to find the next Tai Wesley?

Reply #825279 | Report this post

Maxx  
Years ago

Rasmus Bach was born in Denmark (Danish parents) but moved to Australia when he was 2 years old. Lived in Brisbane and played juniors there (dual danish-australian citizen). His family moved to Austin, Texas when he was 12. Went to Fort Lewis College in Colorado (div II).

He is not a flashy player, or superstar. Just a young kid looking for a chance to play NBL. I am sure he would be happy with a dev spot. Nice kid... Him and his wife are really looking forward to coming here..

Reply #825502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754