Code for sacked , at least Crocker has be serviceable, Sloan was not

Reply #831140 | Report this post

05:44:00  
Years ago

may explain why the team was so unsettled last night

Reply #831141 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Last night Crocker was not serviceable. In agame when your other import is missing he needed to stepup and was unable to. Humphries and DJ are not going to be able to do everything as trams put work into them. A new inport who pulls his weight might be able to hide Crocker but his average games need to be atleast 10 & 5, not 5 & 2.

Reply #831143 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Going into the game he was averaging 10

Getting an import quickly means....a monthish? Quarantine makes it super hard. With that Kings loss, they can't afford to lose games for a month. With that said Sloan wasn’t up to it anyway and wasn’t going to make them competitive for finals.

Kings smacked 36ers without Didi, Glover, Cooks, Kickert. That says a lot about Adelaide IMO.

Reply #831144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the 36ers haven't already, they need to get someone into Melbourne ASAP. The NBL Cup starts in 13 days, so if they can have someone there soon they can play the final three weeks and get six games in.

Reply #831147 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Crocker may have been averaging 10, but last nights game is the one that matters, where he is called upon, instead he plays sheepishly and turned down every look he got and didn't create for others. Casper shows that difference in mindset and effort when required form an import.

Reply #831148 | Report this post

05:44:00  
Years ago

that was Ware's best game in the last 2 years.

Reply #831149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much for Sloan for MVP...

The NBA has beens are not a good fit for the league. While they look good on paper they rarely deliver. The younger fringe player on the cusp of making the league is much more effective or you go for the proven known quantity like Ware, Hopson, Patterson etc.

Reply #831150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think it’s about ability... more fit. Coach Connor has been and will continue to be stuck in his ways about throwing the ball into the post and letting the guards stand there. As we saw last night, giddy couldn’t fully lead the team into shape ( it’s ok his 18) but not having an experience guy of the bench... or even a scoring threat that made defenders flinch more then the average player showed in last nights game. Sloan was a mentor and seemed to be a great professional in his time here. I will be surprised if they can treat someone like him.... letting a star play a role players role again!!!

Reply #831151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Giddey only 18? I've never heard that mentioned anywhere before.

Reply #831152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan was their game breaker. Get something out of nothing. Hard to see them footing it with Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Sydney.

Reply #831154 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes look it up on google....

Reply #831155 | Report this post

Tdub  
Years ago

Crocker looks good, but no consistency yet.

When I heard they let Sloan go I wondered about Ryan Broekhoff. I know Melbourne have been talking with him but Adelaide would be a fit and get him exposure with scouts.

Reply #831156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan was horrible from the get go. Too slow and couldn't create his own shot or for his teammates. Couldn’t keep anyone in front of him so it wasn’t an effort thing , he just isn’t NBL standard

The team already has Giddey, Teys, Dillon and Mudronja as PG’s need a 3/4 Rose , Newbill type

Reply #831157 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

One could only hope we'd get Broekhoff but you'd still need a back up point guard. They could release Pinder or someone else, get a cheap but serviceable PG, get Broekhoff and actually have a decent team. But Adelaide aren't making the playoffs this year, regardless of if Humphries is MVP

Reply #831158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle is coming back

Reply #831159 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

He's signed in europe

Reply #831160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle won't be coming back lol

Reply #831161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "rand" is wrong but the "le" is right.

Reply #831162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "rand" is wrong but the "le" is right.

Reply #831163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barry Crocker that is all.

Reply #831164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melo Trimble

Reply #831165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely they wouldn't release him without a replacement ready to go

Reply #831167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't have imports coming into the country. According to the idiots in the NBL1 topics.

"How you expect the government to let imports into the country when there are 1000's of aussie's that can't get in.... no one other than aussies should be allowed in this year." Don't tell the 100's and 100's of fruit pickers from overseas they aren't allowed in. Let alone all the other people that are for various approved reasons.

Reply #831168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle is coming off the bench in the same team as Kay and jacking it up, has been terrible. Randle has a euro passport or would not get a game in any euro top leagues.
Three and D guy is what you need.

Reply #831169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can get in seeings there are flights coming from the states every day. Plus this is just a citizen coming home they're coming over for work.

Reply #831170 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Replacement would've already been lined up and likely quarantining already probably why Sloan didn't play last night knew he was a dead man walking and didn't want to hurt his stock further.

Reply #831172 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

At the earliest, another import unless already in the country will take 3 weeks. A week to organise a business class flight and then 2 weeks quarantine. Question is, are there any imports already in the country that could take the load for the next month? And then gives them a bit more time.
They're not making finals but it stops them turning into the hawks of last year

Reply #831173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Sixers have been proactive, they should already have his replacement selected, sorted visa and flights out in preparation. If they touchdown within a few days, those days should matter between maybe missing a game or not, haven't checked the schedule. Would still even takes a week or 2 to find legs and adapt.
Other option is to find a local option interstate, import or not, and incorporate them.
Final dodgy option is to contact Scotty Hopsons agent, get him to leave Melbourne and sign him. Watching his game last week his body language was wtf am I doing here, mostly because of poor game, but also because Melbourne has talent to play without him so he watched from bench for maybe first time in career.

Reply #831177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopson doesn't look anywhere as fit as last season. It may just be he is trying to work on his conditioning and isn't read for game pace. He isn't in the Patterson class but he doesn't have the same rig as last season

Reply #831180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would get Kendle temporarily until a perm replacement is found.

Would go for a 3/4 and do this

Giddey/Mudronja/Dillon
Dech/Crocker/Teys/Dillon
Crocker/McVeigh/Import
Johnson/Import
Humphries/Johnson

Reply #831181 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Only two imports

Reply #831182 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Sorry I see what you mean

Reply #831183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are using Giddey n Mudronja + Dillon and going after a good import in the hub.

Reply #831184 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I think Sloan could have played a role as veteran guard in the right mix. Just a guy who comes in and makes timely plays etc, but it's obvious Adelaide need more spark from their imports this year. Shame it didn't work out.

I doubt they'd have someone quarantined? Unless they gave Sloan advance notice and he continued to play/ attend the game last night.

Reply #831185 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Sloan cut & Pinders hair needs to be cut!
This kid needs to let his game do the talking & not bring unnecessary attention to himself. Rodman was already a star when he went whack job!

Reply #831187 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I doubt they'd have someone quarantined?

Replacement imports are usually already signed before the previous one gets cut.

Reply #831189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Likely someone from g league.

Reply #831190 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Olgun:

I will say that Sloan's foot injury (a strain, I’m told) was legit. This was legitimately a coincidence.
So might've been given the opportunity to play but declined due to the strain. Better for Adelaide because he wasn't contributing much, and this allowed more time for those who will play on.

Whether they could afford to replace him or wanted to give him more time, an NBL club would be insane if they weren't at least exploring alternatives after a couple of games.

Reply #831191 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Sloan was terrible and Crocker not much better.
If want to keep the crowds coming Sixers need to do what have to do to make a deal to get Broekhoff here and get a replacement for Crocker happening.
Only way we are going to be in the mix.

Reply #831193 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Not sure what anyone's hair has to do with production. You bloody twat.

Reply #831195 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Broekhoff won't be in a 36ers uniform.

Reply #831196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is all about his image not his game. He looks flashy, plays trashy. Worry about working out, hitting the gym, doing extra sessions rather than spending 5 hours in a hairdressing salon getting fucking hair extensions so you can sit on the bench for 28 mins and when you are on court your -12 with zero impact.

Reply #831197 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Pinder could be the worst player in the league, can't believe I'd be missing Obi Kyei

Reply #831198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One quick look at his Instagram confirms that Pinder is a peanut.

Reply #831199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle claims 36ers seem to have already found their new import

Reply #831200 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

We really dont want or need Randle. We've gone that route before and it's got us nowhere. He had 2 good NBL seasons and the rest has been trash. I loved him at his peak, but the meaning of insanity is trying the same thing again and again and expecting a different outcome, and we've tried Jerome Randle a few times now.

Reply #831201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it to late to sign Deshon taylor i know he has signed in new zealand league, he would be the easied import to sign

Reply #831202 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

One quick look at his Instagram confirms that Pinder is a peanut.

One quick look at his hair and I though he was Prince Nuada

Reply #831203 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Assumed the cut Sloan but just word it like this so it sounds nicer for the outgoing player for their future. I would hope they are down the line with a new player so its as quick as possible (3 weeks/1 month?). Ryan would be great but that is not happening. May I suggest.....Jayson Wells? i kid :-)

Reply #831204 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Assumed the cut Sloan but just word it like this so it sounds nicer for the outgoing player for their future. I would hope they are down the line with a new player so its as quick as possible (3 weeks/1 month?). Ryan would be great but that is not happening. May I suggest.....Jayson Wells? i kid :-)

Reply #831205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imports for NBL can get in, nbl1 won't. Nbl1 people are obviously writing sentences too long for some.

Reply #831206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Desmond Taylor would be great signing, is he in NZ quarantine?.

Reply #831207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My news is they have an import from the g league Anthony Cowan Jr. on the way over

Reply #831210 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

^ is that from a reliable source? A quick google and he's yet to play any pro. Not sure that is what we need.

Reply #831213 | Report this post

Jock  
Years ago

I'm sorry, but the 36ers just don't have good enough guard depth to see out the season.

Giddey, Humpty and DJ are the core, however we just don't have that X-Factor or Playmaker off the bench that can lead, create and make a difference. The benchies are OK, but simply not good enough to make consistent impacts when coming on.

Dillon, Teys & Mudronja - are we serious!

Reply #831214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mcdowell white still in Aus?

Reply #831215 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Blame JvG.

Reply #831221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one else to blame. Unless he was hand picked by Henry Conner.

Reply #831224 | Report this post

Krazy  
Years ago

Haven't had a genuine gun import since Childress.

Reply #831226 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Since that 2018 GF:

Ramone Moore (carry over)
Jacob Wiley
Adris De Leon
Demitrius Conger
Deshon Taylor
Eric Griffin
Jerome Randle
Tony Crocker
Donald Sloan

Reply #831233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wiley was elite.

Reply #831234 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

At what, dunking?

Reply #831235 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No, at flexing.

Reply #831237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He went straight to euroleague

Reply #831238 | Report this post

Nbl1 official  
Years ago

I'm hearing Armoni Brooks is looked in as replacement

Reply #831273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have on very good authority, Henry has heard about a kid called Seb Vozzo who could be the perfect replacement. His media releases have been quiet lately, but has spent time refining game and Henry saw some posts of the legendary point god on this forum.
But do Giddeys people want him to be outshined by the Vozz???

Reply #831274 | Report this post

Nbl1 official  
Years ago

On another note NZ NBL got approved bringing imports in and was said to be a $7.5 million business, which is interesting that's quite a bit wasn't expecting that much

Reply #831276 | Report this post

Nbl1 official  
Years ago

On another note NZ NBL got approved bringing imports in and was said to be a $7.5 million business, which is interesting that's quite a bit wasn't expecting that much

Reply #831277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So JVG is saying stop gap player already in the country and then the actual replacement after.

Reply #831321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deshon Taylor would be the best fit with timing because he familiar with team/league he's a good player just needed a chance

Reply #831324 | Report this post

FIBAfan  
Years ago

What about former Knicks forward, Ron Baker? Currently without a team. Definitely wasn't NBA calibre but would excel in the NBL.

Reply #831332 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Jeremy Kendle. Ffs.

Reply #831351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the idiots complaining about a player they know nothing about. How about the "experts" here tell us who their local alternative is. Otherwise please STFU.

Reply #831352 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Idiots who know nothing about Kendle?
We've seen him play. You’re an idiot.

Reply #831360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok. THat's a clever reply. Said no one ever. Who is the alternative dickwad? It's a stop gap measure. How about blame the person who selected him? Oh thats right ignore the main issue. Enjoy the road and the Hub arse clown. Bottomish looming.

Reply #831361 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Wash your hands Victorians. It is becoming a joke hearing every week yet another Vic outbreak.

Reply #831376 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We have seen it in Perth, Brisbane recently too; Adelaide, Sydney as well. The UK strain in particular has changed the game - hallways get infected!

Have internationals quarantine in Tassie, keep it off the mainland!

Reply #831379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tassie is one of the safest places in the world. You're the dickheads that don't follow the rules.

Reply #831399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everywhere in Australia is safe except quarantine, as that is where the cases imported from overseas are. The only point of difference for Tasmania is it has had very little quarantine from overseas.

Reply #831402 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Conner Henry's interview on SEN this morning was rather insightful into why Donald is no longer with the Sixers.

Jeremy Kendle would be a good 'temporary' fix but I would prefer he not be deemed a permanent solution if possibly.

Reply #831443 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

What did Henry say?

Reply #831446 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Quite a bit. Probably best if you listen to the podcast.

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/sen-sa-breakfast/

Reply #831448 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Donald essentially spat the dummy.

New import they're looking at is a 6'6 guard. can shoot the 3 and is athletic. Few other teams looking at him though.

Temp guy is a player the players on the team already know and could be announced tomorrow.

Reply #831450 | Report this post

anonwaratah  
Years ago

Sloan came in prob thinking he was going to be the main guy on the team then arrives and gets told to take a seat to Giddey, on top of that he didn't have the best start and wasn't able to get out of the funk because he was taking 10 shots a game and for a volume shooter that doesn't help

Reply #831451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Sloan take the mvp trophy with him.

Reply #831453 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Quite a bit. Probably best if you listen to the podcast.

Thank you.

The Dummy Spit conversation was quite clear to me and rather damming on Sloan.

It is at least a relief that Kendle is a tissue, use once and discard.

Reply #831461 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:17 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754