Anonymous
Years ago

Why not an NBL1 Central import replacement?

With Kendle coming in, why would the 36ers not have considered CJ Turnage, Greg Mays or Alex Starling?

They have plenty of mediocre guards already in Teys, Dillon and Mudronja. Kendle just adds to that pile.

These imports would provide something different. Turnage is a walking bucket and could score in the NBL off the bench. Starling is undersized but would be an elite wing defender and Mays would give them a different look to DJ and Humphries and is better in every facet than Pinder.

I would have looked in their own back yard before going to the well again with Kendle. You never know when you might unearth the next Redhage.

Topic #48078 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendle is better than those guys its that simple

Reply #831782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendle is brutally over rated and now coming off the back of a serious injury.

i tend to agree with the original poster. May have paid to look in your own backyard to see what you have.

Reply #831787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yup, but the people making the decisions have no idea what is local cos they're not South Australian. There was a local import who did alright a few years back, what was his name......ummm.......oh yeah, Mark Davis.

Reply #831789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't JVG familiar with Kendle from a previous Sydney cameo?

Kendle probably willing to do for cheap also until replacement arrives.

Good guy to have around the team, def won't upset anyone that's for sure.

Reply #831802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's going to take realistically 3-4 weeks to get a replacement import this season, depending on if they started the search before "releasing" Sloan. I would guess that Kendle is just a known quantity giving a bit of depth while a replacement is brought in. PG is not exactly looking like their position of need either, I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at depth at the 3/4 spot.

Reply #831806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a huge leap between NBL1 and NBL. Teys averaged how many points the last few years?
Also the players mentioned that are here aren't what the sixers need. Contradicting myself from the above statement, but if Oldham was here I think he might have been a chance to fill in.

Reply #831815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have brought in a few of those that are SA and trained them so you could pick who you thought performed the best. Kendle is not very young and has had a lot injuries of late. They might have an nba club already wanting Giddey so it might be a good decision to play Giddey maximum to get good nba buy out.

Reply #831816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any of those mentions in OP would do it for the minimum. You know what Kendle will give and it won't change the 36ers chances at all. Give those minutes to Mudronja. Try Turnage or Mays they are young enough and you just never know whose game transfers.

Reply #831818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah cause Mays is going to play so much behind DJ and Hump. smh

Reply #831820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it silly to think he could play Pinders role better than Pinder? It might only be 10-15 but at least it would be an upgrade in my opinion

Reply #831823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they drug test him before he plays

Reply #831824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG
"Bugger I've just been notified on Hoops I should have signed someone in state first. Sorry Jeremy, I forgot there were players here I could sign, I totally didn't remember there was basketball played here and I should have researched the guys available here. All the best"

Reply #831831 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What is with south Australian's obsession with using south Australians? OP isn’t the first to mention using south Australians. How about finding the best available players for the job. This isn’t domestic juniors.

Reply #831834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendle was just easy, not the best.

Reply #831835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#834 whack. On the money.

Reply #831836 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's about engaging and connecting with your market. South Australians love to see locals do well. That was the great shame in not securing Ingles and Newley and rightly draws criticism as monumental screw ups to fail to secure those signatures.

Victorians have a similar affinity, particularly cricket wise.

Reply #831839 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Kendle is just a bonus. It's the something's better than nothing approach and just because he's signed it doesn't mean that all those things like giving more minutes to AM can't happen.

Kendle is supposedly a better player than the state league imports and has experience already. It's pretty simple stuff.

Reply #831840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are talking basketball. Just putting in an SA person because they are in or from SA makes zero sense in professional sport if they are not up to it. Issac White will be available next season so you can chase him. But Mudronja is not NBL calibre. And professional coaches do not give a toss about your narrow minded SA focused mentality. They are only worried about wins and losses.

Reply #831841 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Kendle's not up to as an NBL import we've all seen that with his three stints at Bullets/Kings/Bullets but no way you sign an SA state league import over him. Those guys are playing in SA for a reason and it's not because they're good otherwise they would be playing in better leagues in the eastern states.

Despite his flaws at NBL level Kendle has dominated in the NZ NBL, SEABL & QBL over the years which puts him light years ahead of any SA state league import. The fact this thread was even deemed necessary by someone to create is cringe worthy.

Reply #831843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know everyone thinks SEABL is amazing and the SA comp is no where near it but Mays averaged more in SEABL than in Adelaide.

He would be fine in the NBL

Reply #831875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't want an import to be fine in NBL. My lord SA basketball people are stupid

Reply #831888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mt Gambier rolled in with Kentral Barkley from memory, straight from the G league into Adelaides PL.
Those aforementioned imports were just as good as him.
They maybe a little better than being given credit for here by the armchair critics.

Reply #831890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course you don't want an import to be just fine but are we really expect Kendle will be more than fine?

I just think he’s redundant at his position and they have other guys of similar standard that could play those minutes. I think Pinder has been poor & they could upgrade him with any of the SA imports for different reasons.

Reply #831904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers owner has his ball and chain and he will dictate who comes in...there is plenty of talent in SA. I agree Starling, Mays or Turnage would be great to see hit the court.

If you drug tested quite a few of these young ones, they wouldn't pass. 6ers on a losing game over the last few season are out in the streets partying hard...real hard.

Henry should attend some NBL1/Reserves games and he might see what he has in the palm of his hand. Get them out training - what hurt could it do? But as if Henry is reading these posts for advise LOL

Reply #831906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one in NBL1 Reserves should ever be looked at for NBL. What an absurd comment.

Reply #831916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turnage would avg 25 in NBL1 South easily. There is no one in 2nd tier comps in Aus that can guard him. He should get a chance. I think he is only 25 or 26 too.

Reply #831917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha

Reply #831920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turnage should play in NBL 1 South and earn some better money over the pittance paid by Norwood

Reply #831933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood pay more than almost any NBL1 South club.

Reply #831959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754