Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v Adelaide Feb 13

The Adelaide 36ers head to Brisbane to take on the Brisbane 36ers. I don't know why they just flip and coin and someone goes skins. Brisbane have yet to pack an overnight bag and sit 2 & 3 with Sobey killing the scoreboard and Victor a Law unto himself. Those two are the danger men tonight for the 36ers, the Adelaide 36ers that is, not the pretend 36ers. Gee, its like Taiwan and Mainland China. A lot of people will be doing a double take expecting this to be a training season. All we need to complete the picture is Joey Wright to roll up and bark some plays, "I’m here to coach basketball and chew gum, and I’m on my last piece of PK gum" or Andrew Jantke to appear with a clipboard. Brisbane is full of ex Adelaide players who have all said “I gotta make a move to a town that's right for me”

Adelaide 36ers, the real 36ers, have had a great run on home court and can now use a few frequent flyer points to upgrade to business class. With the sudden, shock departure of the Sloan Ranger, and the sudden arrival of Kendle, how (un)lucky were the real Sixers that Kendle is reportedly injured... “Jeremy Kendle will not yet join the active roster but continues to prepare and work with the team daily.” But at least Dillon is back. Can the Real Sixers break their Import Voodoo? Does the club need to bring in Johnny Haysman to lift the curse?

The Pseudo Sixers have been out boarded essentially every game suggesting a bit of homework to be done in this area, they need. They don’t seem to be playing a bad game of ball, but maybe they’re not listening to the coach, or are they living in a dream on their way to Funkytown. If you thought being a Sixers fan was hard, the Pseudo Sixers fans must echo that sentiment.

We can talk about it and talk about it, but The Pseudo Sixers go in as favourites and with a bit of disruption happening to the Real Sixers, The Pseudo Sixers deserve to be favourites. This is their game to lose.

Topic #48090 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk about hard to call.
Brisbun 36ers will want to win at home and against their former team.
Bullets by 14.

Reply #832236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets by 20

Reply #832241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers can prove they are a finals team with a win. Can Sixers stop Law, I don't think so. Hopefully Sixers but I think Brisbane got this by 15.

Reply #832249 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I will be interested to see if the Bullet run with 2 bigs all game to negate Humph & DJ.

Sloan's departure will more than likely have a slightly unsettling effect on 36ers, not that he took much court time. Still ...

Does Crocker feel safer or more worried now?

Reply #832259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tip the opposite of Jack tips. He never gets anything right

Reply #832263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgson's out

Reply #832267 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Was that a Duke Nukem reference Jack? If so, hat off to you good sir.

Reply #832274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a reference to a movie called They Live starring Rowdy Roddy Piper. Duke Nukem stole it!

Reply #832276 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, it's originally from They Live and Duke Nukem kept it going. It's a classic scene from the movie and I can just imagine the bubblegum munching Joey saying it.

I can imagine a few NBL coaches giving a Letterkenny spray too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXeU3uMfFjc

Reply #832279 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

... and talking of Letterkenny, for those who haven't discovered this gem from Canada...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDL4DjqI690

Reply #832280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They Live is also the inspiration for the cripple fight from South Park.

Reply #832281 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Here I was for 20+ years thinking the Duke Nukem line was original :(

Reply #832283 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If Hodgson is out not that;s he's good but he's a big body and five fouls and the probably tips the scales in favour of Adelaide. Harrison will struggle to contain Humphries and Froling certainly won't.

Sixers by 7

Reply #832285 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Wouldn't Froling match up with inside presence of Humphries and Harrison try on DJ? Just can't seeing fRoling keeping up with DJ. Hodgson 1st choice on Humph but out tonight???

Reply #832288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic starts at the 4. Humph gonna be able to keep up?

Reply #832289 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

At least Drey has got off the 'ill raid Cairns' & now raids adelaide players. It doesn't seem to work for him though as hasn't put anything together even close to contending at Brisbane!

He played & coached with Shane Froling so i see why Harry is there but it hasn't worked out yet for either player or coach. Time will tell.... Drmic also looking very ordinary.

I think Brissy will get a close one here in a high scoring game.

Reply #832293 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Both look ordinary because they're pumped up by the masses to be something they’re not. Everybody wants a hero...

Reply #832295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now there is a bit truth Bolt, the masses follow the media though. The old mates act.

Reply #832296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Krebs getting the start. Cadee moving back to his 6th man role.

Reply #832316 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Good move.

Reply #832318 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Pinder still has that horrible wig on

Reply #832319 | Report this post

#FreeRiceJnr  
Years ago

Teys scored... take that haters!

Reply #832325 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Adelaide to get a new superstar scoring import from the USA lol

Reply #832327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think he said import just is based. Could it be Ryan brokekhoff?

Reply #832328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not going to sleep tonight... who is the exciting new import coming to Adelaide??

Reply #832329 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Looking a lot better when getting Humphries involved.

Reply #832333 | Report this post

Gaze needs to talk nip Giddey more. He is being ignored,

Reply #832338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know he is trying to get back to the NBA but Jeremy Lin is playing in the D-League. Would be a name and help us out.

Reply #832344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide look like they know what there doing, so many easy lay ups. Don't trust a man with two first names but Conor Henry seem to Sixers playing good at both ends.
Bullets all think they are better than they are, Law been held and Sobey started great but slowed. The rest, oh my.

Reply #832349 | Report this post

Knowall  
Years ago

Is this a game of great defense or both teams horrible

Reply #832353 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The latter.

Reply #832356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man its time for Anne to go. 6 mins in the last and the Bullets have scored 50.

Reply #832357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling is the worst player in the NBL.

Reply #832362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you go by the plus, minus Froling was Brisbane best player of anyone who played decent time.

Law has a quiet game and Brisbane turn to shit. To many me first players.

Reply #832365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a monster game by Humphries, particularly defensively, he just completely shut the bullets down inside and at the rim.

Reply #832367 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

What a wretched Bullets performance.

8 assists from the whole team. Said it two weeks ago, cut bait on Orlando and get a point guard to steer the ship before it's too late.

Lining up to be another underwhelming season from Lemanis. Brisbane deserves a change. We likely would’ve had it over a year ago if not for Richard Clarke gifting his mate a plum extension then departing the organisation shortly after. Thanks Dick.

Reply #832370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very good crowd in there.

Reply #832372 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Adelaide looked good, both Humphries and DJ after slow starts were impressive again. Best frontline in the league by far. The matchup with Law was great coaching, he really struggled against the larger defenders especially when the help D came across on the double. Giddey played hard, he's a real competitor but a little worried by his shooting technique, maybe it was just an off night.

Agreed that Brisbane need to make some changes. Johnson needs to go, I wonder how a Trimble would fit with this lineup, maybe not enough ball to go around but at least he’ll open the floor up, control the tempo and actually hit Law in the right spots (in theory).

Reply #832373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hand Adelaide the championship now.
Legit favorites.

Reply #832377 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Law made so many passes to open players out of the double only to see his team mates lay another brick each time. Sure Adelaide shut him down but the amount of open looks the Bullets missed was their demise. Cadee, Drmic,Johnson,Krebs, Froling giving them zilch really.

Reply #832378 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

JMS, you wrote ' Adelaide looked good, both Humphries and DJ after slow starts were impressive again'
Humphries scored our first 8 points...

Reply #832383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries continues at this rate, he will be in MVP calculation. His stat line is impressive so far this season.

Reply #832398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with FSTOS , Law wasted those passes, would've been better jacking it up. What’s the point starting Krebs in the point, they need a point guard badly.

Reply #832403 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

@Old Mate, yes you're correct. Should have said Adelaide and DJ in particular started slow but turned it on. Humphries I felt was starved of the ball for a chunk of the game, he’s such a dominant force they need to keep targeting him. Boomers front line of Baynes, Humphries and Landale starting to look really good.

Reply #832426 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Brisbane shot like shit.

Reply #832440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Mudronja should go to Brisbane, he'd definitely get minutes there!

Reply #832447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah what's the story with Mud? In the last 2mins of the game the team well and truly had the game won and Coach Henry brings on Teys. Give the Mud some mins on the court...

Reply #832448 | Report this post

Jock  
Years ago

Not sure what the story is with Mud.
On TV you can see the disappointment and frustration on his face sometimes.
Why isn't Coach Henry using his bench 2nd Tier guards more often.
I imagine Giddey is the poster boy and a lot of monetary benefits exist for the 36ers if they give Giddey more game time, especially with him racking well in the NBL draft - it means 36ers get a decent payment?
Anyways, you gotta feel for the bench - wouldn't of thought Mud would be used to this or was expecting to be 3rd/4th fiddle.

Reply #832450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mud isn't very good that’s why

Reply #832452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing how quickly Lemanis soured on Wigness.

Reply #832466 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Giddey is significantly better than Mud, Teys, Dillon - why wouldn't Giddey get the minute befitting?

Reply #832469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair point Kent, I think the likes of Mud and rest of those useless bench guards (minus Dech) will be looking for alternative clubs or resort back to local league!

Reply #832487 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754