Musk
Years ago

Questions for the Olympics

Apologies if these questions have been answered already however:

By Goorj announcing the squad and not including cotton, does anyone think perhaps this was a sign that he's not going to wait on cotton’s citizenship? As for him to be picked there’s no point in him being in the squad if he can’t play and goorj may just want a clear concrete answer on what the go is and without one he’s decided no cotton?

And are the rumours of the Olympic bubble in Vegas true at all and does anyone else know if they plan to be televised?

Topic #48220 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Goorjian said when the squad was announced that Cotton would be added if and when he got citizenship.

Reply #837102 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

I can't think of a better scorer for the second unit than Cotton. Interchanging him and Mills in that off guard scoring role seems perfect. Interesting to see how Cotton will adapt to the slightly bigger, physical international game (I expect he’ll be just as dangerous).

Reply #837134 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Cotton subbing for mills for makes the most sense structurally, maybe like 10minutes a game. High scoring, very active small SG.

Im very curious about the guard structure though with Simmons and Exum, with Delly aswell, cotton may not see a lot of minutes as he can never match them on the defensive end and is more of a ball in hand and not a spot up shooter.

Reply #837147 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Wouldn't get too far ahead of myself with what the structure of the team will be. We could very well lose Ingles, Simmons and Thybulle to the NBA Finals. Any player in that Finals series you can basically write off for the Olympics. And with Simmons being Simmons, he's a bonus, not a lock. No one should count that chicken before hatching.

I can't see him making a full-strength Boomers team but with all the extenuating factors at play Cotton becomes an important option to have.

Reply #837151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey and white and Vasljevic should be in the extended squad knowing that we have Asia cup shortly after.

Reply #837161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton not a spot up shooter? I think he will be just fine spotting up, I'd say you rarely see it because that’s not his role on the wildcats and frankly who is going to let him spot up??

Reply #837166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

matisse thybulle will get the spot ahead of bryce cotton !!!
need to keep Ben Simmons happy and therefore need to select his friend.

Reply #837347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thybulles chances increase with creeks current
situation.

Reply #837348 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Ingles will start at SF. I think Thybulle and or Broekhoff would be his backups.

Reply #837352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sold on Broekhoff making the team just yet.

Reply #837355 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Broekhoff will get more oppurtunity at the Phoenix now.
Regardless of Creek situation I still think Adel shouldn't be considered.

Reply #837359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lock..

Simmons
Mills
Ingles
Landale
Baynes

Delly or Exum or Mccarron or Giddey or Norton or wmw
Cotton or Goulding or green
Broekhoff or Creek or Thybulle or adel
Maker or Kay or Motum or cooks
Humphries or Reath or magnay

With Asia cup after, Sobey, Vasljevic and white should be there.

Reply #837360 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Years ago

Is Landale really a lock over Humphries/Magnay/Kay/Maker? terrific player and one of the best Aussie bigs right now but just isn't a two way player...

Reply #837370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, he started at WC and his defense has gotten better.

Reply #837373 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754