Isaac
Years ago

Bullets confirm Lamar Patterson signing

Topic #48231 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

We always assumed there wouldn't be much movement in the NBL this year.

We were wrong!

Reply #837498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i can only think Patterson going to re sign after this season

Reply #837499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see any signals he's going to re-sign after the current season. What makes you say that?

Reply #837502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was only thinking that because why else would u re sign a over weight injured player

Reply #837504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The burgers are better in Brisbane....Carl's Jr could satisfy Lamar

Reply #837505 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Don't understand this signing. Out of shape and injured.

Reply #837507 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Liam Santamaria suggested in Overtime that Patterson's floor is on par with what Orlando currently offers.

I am not so sure of that, Orlando was slowly improving and there is greater chance that Patterson remains at this level then improve3 out of sight.

Reply #837510 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Why the change Orlando? Is his injure? Pat know te bullet system but he gonna ruin the good performance of sobey..

Reply #837517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane think Lamar can put them over the top

Reply #837528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Overtime, Homicide indicated he was baffled by the signing.

Reply #837537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Why else would you sign an injured player?"

Because you're the Bullets and what you do never makes any sense?

Reply #837538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If homicide is baffled by the signing, it's probably going to be a great result for bullets. ::))))

Reply #837539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Dan Shamir didn't hold back in his assessment of the situation, questioning Patterson's intent in his decision to leave.

"At the current point in time, we're in a situation where we're experiencing a lot of difficulties," Shamir says.

"We did not look to replace Lamar, this was not initiated by us. It was obviously initiated probably by Lamar's representation and the Brisbane Bullets, who are unhappy with their import and wanted to replace him.

"When we got into those talks, we understood that, knowing all the challenges we're experiencing, how tough the circumstances are for us, only if you're very committed and motivated to fight through them [will] you be able to be successful.

"If you don't want to do that and prefer to be somewhere else, then so be it. We'll make our adjustments."

Reply #837543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Wow. So Patterson turns up unfit, then gets injured and the Breakers stick by him despite everything. Then he wants to bail on the team? Bullets can have him.

Reply #837546 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

He could have joined the team thinking he would have a Brisbane Lamar Patterson or Scotty Hopson alpha role.

But then found himself behind Websters x 2.

But in Brisbane he will also be behind Sobey-wan and Vic Law.

Reply #837547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've always admired Patterson’s basketball IQ, but for him to turn up in the shape he did last season and this year you do have to question his professionalism and commitment. I do wonder how he will fit alongside Law who seems to be a model professional.

Reply #837548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robateau gets his shot as injury replacement.

Reply #837600 | Report this post

Brian Atkinson  
Years ago

I am a great fan of Patterson but as he is injured and Orlando was playing so well I certainly do not understand Patterson's signing unless the Bullets intend signing him for next season

Reply #838613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754