36ers Fan
Years ago

36ers next games

Next three rounds just announced!

Great to finally see a home game, even if it is on Easter Saturday! Will also be interesting to see how the game goes in Tassie, considering they haven't played there in years.

Saturday, 3 April 2021
Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Adelaide 36ers v Illawarra Hawks
Tip-off 7.30pm

Tuesday, 6 April 2021
Silverdome (TAS)
New Zealand Breakers v Adelaide 36ers
Tip-off 7.00pm (ACDT)

Friday, 9 April 2021
WIN Entertainment Centre (NSW)
Illawarra Hawks v Adelaide 36ers
Tip-off 7.00pm (ACDT)

Sunday, 11 April 2021
Qudos Bank Arena (NSW)
Sydney Kings v Adelaide 36ers
Tip-off 2.30pm (ACDT)

Saturday, 17 April 2021
John Cain Arena (VIC)
South East Melbourne Phoenix v Adelaide 36ers
Tip-off 5.00pm (ACDT)

Topic #48262 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those game were announced yesterday

Reply #838701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

/thread

Reply #838702 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

So it can't be discussed?

Reply #838703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Brandon Paul can get on the court, then they're a chance in all of them.

Reply #838706 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Win all 5 and Adelaide claw back to .500 which is highly unlikely.
Get Humphries and Giddey back soon and 2 or even 3 wins is possible.

I see them being 9 and 15 after this patch of games. Playoffs unlikely.

Reply #838711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally a home game? They played 28 of their first 30 at home. It's realistic to realize that most games from that point will be on the road

Reply #838714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Pinder stays off the court, they're a chance in all of them.

Reply #838730 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Jesu Christ, I understand it's off topic and that people will rightfully plead the case of the breakers but the league is truly attempting to screw the hawks. They starve them of games and then give them three in a week at home - whilst the players & staff will gladly welcome those games, how many families can afford to attend three games in six days? A bit ordinary but anyone can see it’s all part of the plan to transplant them to another location. Larry & co can point to these games and imply that the support clearly isn’t there.

Their owner in St.Louis will be loving it! Not long now...

Reply #838738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As they have 4300 members, how is needing to afford games an issue?

Reply #838740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's called Covid. It’s put everyone out.
People will find ways to complain

Reply #838741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tissue Bolt?

Reply #838743 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

the league is truly attempting to screw the hawks.

Bolt unless you are MEL or SEM, all teams are getting screwed.

This is a very abnormal world, I think the league is doing an extraodinary job in keeping the season going. They are probably losing a lot of money too.

Thank you Larry for your perserverence, if I met him I would shake his hand (pro

Reply #838747 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

All these teams are either in the playoffs or close too.

If the team is what it is today, we will lose 4 of the 5 games (we win the NZ game).

If the team has a fit Paul, Humphries and Giddey, and they all start with starting minutes, then we will win 4 of the 5 (losing to red hot Sydney).

If the result is 3 losses or more from these 5, the season is over, we would need to be 10-2 for the rest of the season to make the playoffs.

We actually need to win against Sydney as there is a growing chasm between 6th Sydney and 7th Adelaide. Sydney have 2 more wins and 4 less losses than Adelaide with 2 games in hand.

Santa said it best yesterday on Overtime. Shorten the rotation, the majority of the minutes should go to (assuming fully fit) Giddey, Crocker, Paul, DJ, IH and McVeigh, the rest should be getting spot minutes.

Reply #838748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LoveBroker United have had ONE 'home' game at John Cain Arena and two 'home' games in Bendigo, while Adelaide have had how many? Brisbane have had how many? Cairns have had how many?

Unless you are NZ, you are NOT being screwed

Reply #838750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne had 8 consecutive home games during the Cup. Just because they failed to capitalise on them, doesn't mean they didn't have a massive advantage.

Reply #838755 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Larry wouldn't shake your hand Lovebroker. We’re all beneath him.

Reply #838759 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If you owned a yacht you'd reckon hoops schmucks are beneath you too

Reply #838761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish I cared enough about the 36ers. I used to cry over wins and losses now I just feel empty.

Reply #838762 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Well said KET.

Reply #838764 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I'm done with the Sixers season. Henry can’t coach- I stuck up for him early, hoping he’d settle. But you can’t keep playing Pinder and having stuffed up rotations, no real game plan and not utilising our major weapons. It’s like this season is just about Giddey’s stats and making NBA. I know injuries have hurt but we’ve still had winnable games/chances to win.
I really don’t care what happens now, that makes me sad as I’ve loved the club since I was 9 years old, 36 years.

Reply #838772 | Report this post

36ers Fan  
Years ago

Have some faith! It's a new coach, new team and playing in covid times doesn't help either. I'm sure they will find their feet!

Reply #838810 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Every team can make the COVID excuse. Other teams can make a stronger complaint about schedule impact. Injuries they can claim - two starters out, and Sloan as another starter had to get swapped out.

Reply #838813 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I was especially impressed by their work at the start of games
and frustrated at the end.
I got the impression of them winning during the first half of games, before the let down, and see frustration of Conner, Crocker.

Reply #838816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure Henry is devastated that you have washed your hands of the Sixers Shano76 and publicly announced it on this forum. Yep that’s a wrap, pack it up and forfeit the rest of the season, Shano the man is OUT

Reply #838823 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Who does people think 36ers have better talent then overall?

Against which teams should 36ers have won games taking into consideration injuries/Sloan swap out when comparing talent?

I think perhaps a couple of Sydney losses? Even though they had two good imports still playing.

I had 36ers wooden spoon based on talent. Someone has to finish around bottom, why is it necessarily the coaches fault if your team is lower end of talent and your top players suffer injuries? Adelaide at the moment is roughly on par with what i expected. They were slightly above pre-NBL cup.

When IH returns I think they will be good, however I think it will be too late to make any battle for top 4.

Reply #838827 | Report this post

Sixers  
Years ago

KET, I think you under rate the talent in the team whilst I probably over rate the talent.

I have the following teams with more talent
Melbourne
Sydney

Teams I think are debatable are
Perth - If they didn't have Cotton that team is dead last

The rest I have Adelaide with more talent. The problem is the coach is terrible

Reply #838834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers have the talent but are mental midgets. When the blow torch of accountability gets applied, their true nature is exposed. Improve this one aspect and the W column improves significantly. Unfortunately it's difficult to put in what God left out.

Reply #838835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Send DJ to the bench and see if that lights a fire under him because at the moment he is just going through the motions.

Reply #838837 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Ha ha anon, not saying I'm important or anything, just frustrated. No need to be a d$&khead about it, probably just comes naturally to you I guess.
Thanks for the feedback.

Reply #838844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No different to someone who knows he isn't important bleating about how he is done

Reply #838851 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Against which teams should 36ers have won games taking into consideration injuries/Sloan swap out when comparing talent?

If we are talking how ADL compare to the league without IH and Paul, it would be fair to say 8th or 9th.

If full strength, then I had them 4th.

Reply #838852 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

At the start of the season I had the Sixers finishing 5th. That was with the assumption Sloan would be a good but not great player and unfortunately he turned out to be a dud.

Currently 7th with the injuries to Hump & Giddey plus all the Sloan/Kendle BS which dragged on for too long is a decent effort really. Not sold on Paul yet.

What isn't decent though is the massive slumps the team has for a quarter or a half that are so large they pretty much rule out any possibility of winning. That's on the coach. If they can play okay for 75% of the game it means it's not a talent issue but a mental issue.

We had a couple of horrendous opening quarters at the NBL Cup one I think against United and that disastrous game against NZ, possibly the most disgraceful performance I've ever seen from a 36ers team. Plus that terrible third quarter against Perth.

That's all on the coach not having his players mentally prepared to play either at the start of game or coming out of the half-time break and Henry's game plans and substitution patterns have left a lot to be desired too.

Ideally we would make a coaching change over the offseason but he's still got 2 years to run on his contract so who knows.

Reply #838853 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

If you say so chief. Was just my thoughts, nice to know you care

Reply #838855 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

At the start of the season I had the Sixers finishing 5th. That was with the assumption Sloan would be a good but not great player and unfortunately he turned out to be a dud.

I had them 4th because I expected :
- Humphries to be a beast, he was.
- Sloan to be around the upper tier of imports but not superstar nor MVP per that thread.
- the Sixers to be much better defensively as Henry alluded to, and we finally have the defensive horses like Dech and Humphries to offset DJ.
- Sydney and Perth to regress due to their turnover.

I was obviously wrong on a few things and happy to concede.

Not sold on Paul yet.

Considering our last few imports were :
- Randle
- Moore
- 2H2G
- Griffin
- Sloan

Paul is a gun, right now he is doing well whilst the team has left him on an island to create himself, imagine if there was some structure. As frustrated as I was with Paul's last 2 shots against SEM, what other options did we have and he was 'hot'.

that disastrous game against NZ, possibly the most disgraceful performance I've ever seen from a 36ers team. Plus that terrible third quarter against Perth.

Marty Clarke era box scores say hello.

Ideally we would make a coaching change over the offseason but he's still got 2 years to run on his contract so who knows.

Considering the amount of investment has been made into this roster, a team would normally review the coaching when they see the low W/L ratio.

However I fear that Henry will get a free pass due to COVID and injuries, you can make an argument for it, but we should enevr have lost the Perth (big lead) and SEM (late lead) games.

That's all on the coach not having his players mentally prepared to play either at the start of game or coming out of the half-time break and Henry's game plans and substitution patterns have left a lot to be desired too.

In his TO's he seem to be saying the right things, but coming out if it the team seems to do something else.

The more I assess it the more I think the season is gone.

Reply #838856 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Paul is a gun, right now he is doing well whilst the team has left him on an island to create himself, imagine if there was some structure. As frustrated as I was with Paul's last 2 shots against SEM, what other options did we have and he was 'hot'.

Paul hasn't shown anything yet to be classified as a gun. He's actually gotten worse with each subsequent game he's played which isn't usually a good sign for imports as they often start out hot as they're new and haven't been scouted yet and perhaps teams are now starting to work him out.

Admittedly Henry's substitution patterns, foul trouble and ultimately the injury in Perth didn't help his cause. But I haven't seen anything yet to suggest he'll be a gun import in this league, he looks like he's got all the hallmarks of a mid-tier level import likely being paid top dollar.

Reply #838858 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Marty Clarke era box scores say hello.

Point out any Marty Clarke coached games where we should've beaten a team comfortably but then lost to them by 45 points?

In his TO's he seem to be saying the right things, but coming out if it the team seems to do something else.

Tuning him out I think. Perhaps the biggest mistake he's made is to treat this Sixers team like he's coaching a college team. College kids need to be yelled at constantly each possession and have the plays explained to them to the nth degree not professionals.

Then like you would with kids when things go haywire for a quarter he does nothing about it lets them play through it and tries to get them to learn from it something a pro-coach like Goorjian, Vickerman or Gleeson would never do. They know you've got to stop the run on before it gets out of hand.

Now it obviously depends on what constraints Henry is coaching under. Has he been told this season is the Josh Giddey show and coach the team accordingly? All this would make sense if so given he's an 18 yo kid. That's how he coaches the team like they're all 18 yo kids.

Giddey would've only come to Adelaide with assurances of either starting and/or getting big minutes. That's the way these things happen it's why LaMelo Ball wasn't playing for a contending team last season.

Reply #838859 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Point out any Marty Clarke coached games where we should've beaten a team comfortably but then lost to them by 45 points?

Sorry I don't have any evidence I can show, just the same level of lament I felt in the recent NZ, Perth and SEM games.

Then like you would with kids when things go haywire for a quarter he does nothing about it lets them play through it and tries to get them to learn from it something a pro-coach like Goorjian, Vickerman or Gleeson would never do.

The Perth game at the Cup was a good example, Hooley commented that when Bairstow and Travers make a mistake, they are gone almost for the rest of the game. Where as under Henry, Pinder is allowed to miss assignment after assignment, allow O boards and still stay on the court whilst McVeigh sits.

Reply #838876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The high paid guys get away with mistakes, lower payed guys get the hook, sometimes at the determinant of the team.

Reply #838880 | Report this post

Nix 57  
Years ago

Kelly and JVG promised Giddey a starting position to try to divert from the implosion they created with Joey Wright and Kevin white. They were high giving each other after first few games, but as per lamelo ball, has killed team culture, now they're calling the season a development season! Even though besides McVeigh, the only player developing will be gone next year!

Reply #838927 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Macca bright been outstanding so why he doesn't get m o re minutes is perplexing.. ok teys and Dillon are vets so lets get minute in Mud Man and Owan ... forget the deadwood - kinder man ain't lighting no fires... need to have some positives come season done time... not the same as ...coach Henry get into your trickery bag and let's show something to create excreiment - let's get up and about

Reply #838949 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No offence but Adelaide are crap.

Reply #838954 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

coach Henry get into your trickery bag and let's show something to create excreiment

He's already produced plenty of it, how much more do you want?

Reply #838957 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754